Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Pentax Mirrorless Rumour

Default Re: New Pentax Mirrorless Rumour

Quote Originally Posted by CorneliusK View Post
    Yah there is some lag and it doesn't really replicate the exact scene. But I can see it being better than APS-C OVF within a couple of years.
    Size and clarity is one thing, but I'm skeptical that EVF can replicate the contrast and dynamic range that our eye can see through the OVF. At least, it'll be quite a long while before that can happen.
    My photos - see just some or all of it =)

Quote Originally Posted by Gengh View Post
    Size and clarity is one thing, but I'm skeptical that EVF can replicate the contrast and dynamic range that our eye can see through the OVF. At least, it'll be quite a long while before that can happen.
    I managed to look through the EVF of the EP2 from one of the Pentaxians during the CNY outing which earned great reviews and frankly I am not impressed by it. In bright situations there is an obvious flicker. But for the FujiX100, that one seem to look better but only based on the youtube videos. Have to wait and see. Not sure how pentax will implement theirs. Frankly I don't need the EVF having used the NEX5 for months now, so hopefully Pentax will keep the unit small and base price low by making it an option instead of a standard feature
    Last edited by airconvent; 26th January 2011 at 09:20 PM.
    PENTAXKR,18250,18135,35,40,70,600,AF360
    SONYA6000,1650,1855,18200,5018,3028,16,RX100M3

I dont think it works that way. The EVF do not replicate the contrast and dynamic range of what your eyes can see. It shows you the contrast and dynamic range of what your sensor sees.

Quote Originally Posted by liveevil View Post
    I dont think it works that way. The EVF do not replicate the contrast and dynamic range of what your eyes can see. It shows you the contrast and dynamic range of what your sensor sees.
    That's a good point, and I can see the merits of that.

Are the current EVF capable of projecting the full dynamic range of the sensors, or at least come close? It's been quite a while since I took a good look at cameras with EVFs.
    My photos - see just some or all of it =)

I would rather Pentax DIY own sensor, from the old ground of k100d or k200d, not used to current line of Sony one ... sometime I asked myself why am I using Sony sensor when I had earlier prefer Pentax over nikon sensor on personal taste.

Glad now I am using samsung gx20.

That's a good point, and I can see the merits of that.

Are the current EVF capable of projecting the full dynamic range of the sensors, or at least come close? It's been quite a while since I took a good look at cameras with EVFs.
    It does. And the advantage of shooting with a lcd/evf is that a lot of information can be displayed along with the image. On my E-PL1, I get a live histogram (yes, the histogram changes as i change my settings). And I can magnify the view by 7x or 10x when I need to shoot macro.
    But of cos, I no longer get what I can see when I'm using an ovf. You win some, you lose some.

I've been waiting for Pentax EVIL.... if it follows the K-5, K-R standards... than it will be a winner.

EVIL will be small, light and easy to use... but I want it to try out vintage lenses of other mounts.
    Panasonic GF2 looks very good now... but I am holding out for the Pentax EVIL.

Quote Originally Posted by P3ntx View Post
    I would rather Pentax DIY own sensor, from the old ground of k100d or k200d, not used to current line of Sony one ... sometime I asked myself why am I using Sony sensor when I had earlier prefer Pentax over nikon sensor on personal taste.

Glad now I am using samsung gx20.
    oh not sure if the old k10d, k100d, k-m sensors. but it looks like that it came from sony...

http://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/p...ny-sensor.html

but, I'm with you... I still prefer samsung sensor for the reason I still need to know...
    I dunno!!!
    It's banana-zero-neh. :)

I read quite a few speculations that the EVIL will be using M4/3 format. If it turns out to be true, its good too as M4/3 already has a pretty good selection of lenses esp the Pancakes (Panasonic 20mm F1.7 and 15mm F2.5) which are definitely a good fit for a small compact body. Plus it might also attracts M4/3 users of other brands to switch over to Pentax because of the Pentax IQ and colours.

But I personally dun think that the EVIL will be on-par with the current KR/K5 in terms of IQ and noise-control. From what I read from the interview sometimes back. The new EVIL should be a product in between Pentax compacts and entry-level DSLRs. So I am guessing it will be much better than the compacts but still inferior to KR?

"Speaking about the current crop of mirrorless ILCs, Pound told us 'I personally would be very interested in such a product'. Pound stressed that Pentax is 'very much in tune with what is happening in the marketplace' and speaking about the current gap between Pentax's compact digital cameras and its entry-level DSLRs, he commented 'I would personally love to see a Pentax product [in that position]'."
    Life is like photography, we develop from the negatives.

I read about the secret on Sony censor in Pentax ....I find it strange that they had 645, but not build any FF for the FA lens.

Before more mis-information get spread around.... I suggest some here should google first.

Pentax has been using Sony sensors since *ist d. Frankly I find nothing wrong with the Sony sensors. Its been used on Nikon dslr and Sony's own line and we all know how they perform don't we? In short, Sony knows their stuff. I don't particularly care for the Samsung sensors, coz I don't think their sensor technology are on par with Sony or the rest of the competition.

I do however agree that the older models such as the k100d produces wonderful photos with great colour reproduction and tones. I guess this should be due to the sony ccd sensor used. I still regret having sold my k100d super .

The photo in the earlier post was Pentax's concept camera from waaay back.

Here check out this link.http://www.photokina-show.com/0466/p...digitalcamera/

It also show that Pentax also had thought of an interchangeable compact camera with the sensor modules built onto the lens itself. Pre-dating the Ricoh GXR.

Leica M-nine still with fullframe ccd sensor from Kodak

Quote Originally Posted by P3ntx View Post
    Leica M-nine still with fullframe ccd sensor from Kodak
    Sorry but how is this relevant to Pentax mirrorless? As far as I know Leica's M9 is their first digital camera to have the full 35mm sensor, their previous iterations, the M8 and M8.2 uses the aps-h sensor.

Though if you meant that Pentax should go back using the ccd for the nc-1? That would be interesting but highly unlikely. Looking at the nex3/5 and how they perform, it is more likely they will stick the same sensor they have in k-5 in the nc-1.

Quote Originally Posted by pscion12 View Post
    Sorry but how is this relevant to Pentax mirrorless? As far as I know Leica's M9 is their first digital camera to have the full 35mm sensor, their previous iterations, the M8 and M8.2 uses the aps-h sensor.

Though if you meant that Pentax should go back using the ccd for the nc-1? That would be interesting but highly unlikely. Looking at the nex3/5 and how they perform, it is more likely they will stick the same sensor they have in k-5 in the nc-1.

Relevance is dependent on the points of the viewers or reader, so are its meaning! some prefer predictability, some prefer innovation. some would provide suggestions.

AN EVIL MIRRORLESS THIN PENTAX K-MOUNT CAMERA WITH A MIRROR

"Look honey, I shrunk the K mount!"

Interesting concept the guy has there. Full compatibility with K-mount would be something unique, and allow Pentax to avoid having to build a new series of lenses.

Quote Originally Posted by banana0ne View Post
    oh not sure if the old k10d, k100d, k-m sensors. but it looks like that it came from sony...

http://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/p...ny-sensor.html

but, I'm with you... I still prefer samsung sensor for the reason I still need to know...
    I did see something about coporation with samsung's DSLR line. NX10 got some help from pentax on lens part. Pentax now going mirrorless and if they are capable with their own EVIL body then they can seek help from samsung's latest iFunc Lens. It could be good overall for both parties. Even better than the SOH SOH ONLY NEX

Quote Originally Posted by simon6z View Post
    I did see something about coporation with samsung's DSLR line. NX10 got some help from pentax on lens part. Pentax now going mirrorless and if they are capable with their own EVIL body then they can seek help from samsung's latest iFunc Lens. It could be good overall for both parties. Even better than the SOH SOH ONLY NEX
    ever wondered why pentax went back to using sony sensors in its latest series of DSLRs?

iirc, those 2 companies are not exactly friends these days.

Quote Originally Posted by CorneliusK View Post
    AN EVIL MIRRORLESS THIN PENTAX K-MOUNT CAMERA WITH A MIRROR

"Look honey, I shrunk the K mount!"

Interesting concept the guy has there. Full compatibility with K-mount would be something unique, and allow Pentax to avoid having to build a new series of lenses.
    this is a great idea... if change mirror to prism is even better...(to redue the double image issue of mirror)

Bump up this rumour a bit

Seems like its a 2hr+ countdown to more info on this site :
    http://www.mirrorlessrumors.com/category/rumors/

Here are the rumours from that site:

In Summary:
    - One camera (Pentax NC-1?) and two lenses will be announced in March
    - New mount
    - 5.6x crop 14 Megapixel sensor (Sensor size around 1/2.33″)
    - HD h.264 recording
    - smaller than NEX body
    - hot shoe
    - Three more lenses to be announced later (very likely in September 2011)

1/2.3'' sensor? That's compact-sized!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast