Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Problem opening raw files.

  1. #1

    Default Problem opening raw files.

    Hi all.. I'm having problem opening my file files which I took with my 50D. I shot in raw + L . I'd tired using photoshop but can't open. Any idea ?
    Canon 50D||EF 50mm F1.8|EF 17-40mm F4L|EF 70-200mm F4L|580EX II|190XPROB-488RC2|LUMIX LX3

  2. #2
    Member Foxshade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    In cat's stomach
    Posts
    849

    Default Re: Problem opening raw files.

    There should be a plugin for photoshop to open Canon RAW file.
    Just go to Adobe website and search for it.
    A true photograph need not be explained, nor can it be contained in words.
    ~Ansel Adams

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Foxshade
    There should be a plugin for photoshop to open Canon RAW file.
    Just go to Adobe website and search for it.
    Okie noted. Thanks.
    Canon 50D||EF 50mm F1.8|EF 17-40mm F4L|EF 70-200mm F4L|580EX II|190XPROB-488RC2|LUMIX LX3

  4. #4

    Default Re: Problem opening raw files.

    Either use the software that came with your camera, or use Adobe Camera RAW.
    Alpha

  5. #5

    Default Re: Problem opening raw files.

    I don't recall having to download anything to open raw files or having problems with raw files from my 50d.... which version of photoshop are you using?

  6. #6
    Member Dylan1987's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    691

    Default Re: Problem opening raw files.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    Either use the software that came with your camera, or use Adobe Camera RAW.
    yeap. but i prefer adobe raw...

  7. #7

    Default Re: Problem opening raw files.

    Quote Originally Posted by virtualme78 View Post
    I don't recall having to download anything to open raw files or having problems with raw files from my 50d.... which version of photoshop are you using?
    Ps cs4 ext.
    Canon 50D||EF 50mm F1.8|EF 17-40mm F4L|EF 70-200mm F4L|580EX II|190XPROB-488RC2|LUMIX LX3

  8. #8

    Default Re: Problem opening raw files.

    i try using canon raw image task but cannot.
    Canon 50D||EF 50mm F1.8|EF 17-40mm F4L|EF 70-200mm F4L|580EX II|190XPROB-488RC2|LUMIX LX3

  9. #9

    Default Re: Problem opening raw files.

    look for adobe camera raw plugin for cs4.

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jgjonathangoh
    look for adobe camera raw plugin for cs4.
    Adobe web only have fir cs5. Anybody got a link?
    Canon 50D||EF 50mm F1.8|EF 17-40mm F4L|EF 70-200mm F4L|580EX II|190XPROB-488RC2|LUMIX LX3

  11. #11
    Member xxrenxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Eunos
    Posts
    1,008

    Default Re: Problem opening raw files.

    But i tot normally Camera Raw is already installed together with photoshop at the very start when you install it? For me i just double click on the RAW image files and Camera Raw will auto run.

    Could it have been different format? Try saving your raw format to DNG format see if it works.
    Nikon D7000 ~ my louya Flickr >.<

  12. #12

    Default Re: Problem opening raw files.

    Quote Originally Posted by xxrenxx View Post
    But i tot normally Camera Raw is already installed together with photoshop at the very start when you install it? For me i just double click on the RAW image files and Camera Raw will auto run.

    Could it have been different format? Try saving your raw format to DNG format see if it works.
    Only the newest PS will get the updates to camera raw for the newest cameras that come out. If you want to open the camera raw natively, you will need to upgrade your PS. But they do give you the dng converter so you can use your existing version.

    Camera raw are specific to their model whereas dng is an open standard and gives you a better chance at future proofing your files.

  13. #13

    Default Re: Problem opening raw files.

    try this link..
    if cannot pls search google, thats where i got the link from, dont think google know me so well as to be bias and providing me the link but not u

    http://www.adobe.com/support/downloa...jsp?ftpID=4621

    This link is to download an update for camera raw for cs4. If cannot try a manual installation. where is it? search pls
    Last edited by jgjonathangoh; 19th January 2011 at 05:08 PM.

  14. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jgjonathangoh
    try this link..
    if cannot pls search google, thats where i got the link from, dont think google know me so well as to be bias and providing me the link but not u

    http://www.adobe.com/support/downloa...jsp?ftpID=4621

    This link is to download an update for camera raw for cs4. If cannot try a manual installation. where is it? search pls
    Thanks alot. I've download e update. It works.
    Canon 50D||EF 50mm F1.8|EF 17-40mm F4L|EF 70-200mm F4L|580EX II|190XPROB-488RC2|LUMIX LX3

  15. #15

    Default

    U r welcome.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •