Thread: Comments for Newbies

Default Comments for Newbies

Hi I am new here. Also quite new to Canon 300D (although not so new to Canon camera). Tried hard to get my pictures posted here. The initial couple of time fail as the images that I uploaded seems too large.

I took the following pictures of children on various events and appreciate if someone can enlighten and guide me to take better pictures.

nice shots... keep it up!
    The equipment can only bring you so far - the rest of the photographic journey is done by you.

Nice subjects, quite cute!

Maybe you could try using the rule of thirds more to allow for more interesting composition instead of always keeping the subjects dead center

Thanks nickmak & Gymrat76 for the comments and compliments.
    But do you both think that the pictures taken is a little blur? Or it is fine?

Quote Originally Posted by lifejourney
    Thanks nickmak & Gymrat76 for the comments and compliments.
    But do you both think that the pictures taken is a little blur? Or it is fine?
    they are sharp actually... except maybe the first one... great shots i have to say again!
    The equipment can only bring you so far - the rest of the photographic journey is done by you.

quite nice leh, keep it up... you may be the next clang or leslie kee!

hi lifejourney,

i like your pics of the indian boy amidst the water spray best as they have captured the boy's emotion very well.
    pic number 4 is particularly good in terms of sharpness, exposure and effective uncluttered composition.

pic number 1 has an interesting central subject, but the pic looks overexposed, therefore the colours are flat. the background is also cluttered and distracting. perhaps you may try spot metering off the girl's face, as well as a tighter composition. e.g.

cheers and keep shooting!

you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

Quote Originally Posted by lifejourney
    This would be a great keeper, if not for the subject been too centered.

okie dokie... thanks so much for the words of advices.. shall work harder for better pictures, esp the part of "centralise subject".
    And till then, more advises and help will be required. Still exploring the unexpose issues on the Canon 300D