Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Eneloop Tone Glitter

Default Re: Eneloop Tone Glitter

Quote Originally Posted by diver-hloc View Post
    Are we paying extra for the 'pointless' bling ??
    definitely...

and wats more, you can't see it in normal operation...
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

Quote Originally Posted by namespace View Post
    hmm... the marketing team at Sanyo are good.
    Anyone noticed that all these new color scheme come out after Panasonic took over Sanyo's battery division 2 years ago?
    Canon 5D Mark II | 24-105L | 35L | 85L II | 135L | Samyang 14mm 2.8

Quote Originally Posted by namespace View Post
    I think the color is good for grouping the batteries. For example, using the same color (red) for the flash and replace it with a different color (green) when the first set is drain. This will allow us to keep track of which set of batteries are in use. Just my thought.
    Actually you should group the batteries by their capacity. When the battery said 1100 mAh, not all of them are around that capacity. If one of them has a really low mAh, then it is going to affect the others that operate within the same device. So, you should group them by similar capacity and not by color. I like the white ones best since I can label them without the worry of having 3 yellow and one red group together...
    Canon 5D Mark II | 24-105L | 35L | 85L II | 135L | Samyang 14mm 2.8

Deregistered

Hmm, me like the bling bling and I look so gay with it.
    Maybe I should get a clear version of the flash to go with this.

just don an overcoat and go flash about?

well marketing purpose is one thing... but i would think it will be a great conversation starter too!

either go all out:
    get panasonic coloured body cameras (please no pentax lego ) coloured fotopro tripod, coloured batteries (grip and flash )
    someone have to come out with some funky flash units!!!

or use the plain ol black bricks.. then suddenly flash your bling bling batts!

Doesn't seem that anyone has seen the Glitter in the flesh yet. Only reports/reviews so far seem to be coming out of Japan. Looks like Amazon Japan and some other Japanese retailers sell it at 2000+ yen for a pack of 8, which I think is quite reasonable.

While I can't find any news that it will be on sale in North America or Southeast Asia, I found a Sanyo news release stating that it will be available in Europe next month. I''ll see if I can find them when I visit Amsterdam next month.

And I appreciate reading all the colourful comments here. Keep them coming!

the glitter limited edition is so fashion.. anyway i got the 8 colour's set from eBay.

It does look really nice but it's only be available in japan.

Anyone interested in getting it? I can order it from amazon japan and get it shipped over to sg. Finding people to share the shipping cost with me. If i can get 4 or more people, the shipping cost will cost less than sgd10 for each. The battery itself after conversion cost sgd 30+.

If they're like the Eneloop Tones, they should be rechargeable up to 1500 times (instead of 1000 times for the regular eneloops) and last up to 3 years @75% capacity without a recharge which is quite good.
    5Dmk2 600D Sig35f1.4 Sig50f1.4 85f1.8 SY14f2.8 18200 Tam1750f2.8 580EX2 Oly EP3 14-42X 40-150 20f1.7

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12