Thread: [Location Finding] The place with a kind of plant

Default [Location Finding] The place with a kind of plant

[Not too sure if this is the right section to post]

Hello guys, I need to find a place full of the plant in the attached image for photoshoot purpose.
    But havent seen a place like that before. Does anyone here knows where there is filled with that plant. (Btw, i dont know what is the plant's name also) Haha pardon for my lack of knowledge.

Default Re: [Location Finding] The place with a kind of plant

I saw a lot of plants.. What plant you are looking at??

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by xtremeonline

Hello guys, I need to find a place full of the plant in the attached image for photoshoot purpose.
    But havent seen a place like that before. Does anyone here knows where there is filled with that plant. (Btw, i dont know what is the plant's name also) Haha pardon for my lack of knowledge.
    It is called lalang. For lalang fields you can check out punggol beach area, lor halus area, pulau punggol timor. Many are disappearing due to construction. Have fun. I think there is also a patch in tanjong rhu area iirc.
    Last edited by daredevil123; 17th January 2011 at 11:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    It is called lalang. For lalang fields you can check out punggol beach area, lor halus area, pulau punggol timor. Many are disappearing due to construction. Have fun. I think there is also a patch in tanjong rhu area iirc.
    I just went to punggol beach last sat! The whole place is under construction. Didnt see any lalang plants.

Quote Originally Posted by kinachi View Post
    I saw a lot of plants.. What plant you are looking at??
    Haha sorry didnt make myself clear. Its the long furry plant.

Blog Entries

I just went to punggol beach last sat! The whole place is under construction. Didnt see any lalang plants.
    You really need to walk deep or check out the fields along punggol road. The old fields near the beach are all gone.

Next place to check is along lor halus at the field that used to be a landfill. But the lalang fields there are not very tall. The only tall Human height lalang area I saw was on pulau punggol Timor, the roads there are not fully open yet but that particular area is still accessible. Btw both these places are only accessible with your personal transport. Hope you drive/ride.

You really need to walk deep or check out the fields along punggol road. The old fields near the beach are all gone.

Next place to check is along lor halus at the field that used to be a landfill. But the lalang fields there are not very tall. The only tall Human height lalang area I saw was on pulau punggol Timor, the roads there are not fully open yet but that particular area is still accessible. Btw both these places are only accessible with your personal transport. Hope you drive/ride.
    I see, maybe I will check out pulau punggol timor. Thanks for your informative answers. Seems like its hard to find this large amount plant in SG. The one that I took picture from is at scape cineleisure, along the roadside. Wonder if they are purposely planted?

Blog Entries

I see, maybe I will check out pulau punggol timor. Thanks for your informative answers. Seems like its hard to find this large amount plant in SG. The one that I took picture from is at scape cineleisure, along the roadside. Wonder if they are purposely planted?
    Oh forgot to mention, the lalang at pulau punggol Timor is near the sand stockpile near some tall pine trees. And if you like to shoot a road with tall pine trees on both sides, this is the location as well. Just watch out for all the large 3 and 5 tonne construction trucks and watch out for nails on the ground.

Oh forgot to mention, the lalang at pulau punggol Timor is near the sand stockpile near some tall pine trees. And if you like to shoot a road with tall pine trees on both sides, this is the location as well. Just watch out for all the large 3 and 5 tonne construction trucks and watch out for nails on the ground.
    Wut!! Nails on the ground! Omg, I think i need to wear PCK boots already. Hahaha.

Blog Entries

Wut!! Nails on the ground! Omg, I think i need to wear PCK boots already. Hahaha.
    Construction mah. Soon the Roads and bridges will be open to public and you can drive from seletar airport to punggol end in a straight line.

Construction mah. Soon the Roads and bridges will be open to public and you can drive from seletar airport to punggol end in a straight line.
    I think I would first check out punggol beach. Safer. Haha.
    Btw, u know what is pulau punggol Timor constructing?

Blog Entries

I think I would first check out punggol beach. Safer. Haha.
    Btw, u know what is pulau punggol Timor constructing?
    The bridges and roads that will connect pulau punggol Timor and barat with seletar aerospace hub all the way to punngol end.

Actually for punggol beach area you need to head east to the river on the east of punggol beach. Still quite a bit of lalang in that area. Look at google maps to plan your route.

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123

The bridges and roads that will connect pulau punggol Timor and barat with seletar aerospace hub all the way to punngol end.

Actually for punggol beach area you need to head east to the river on the east of punggol beach. Still quite a bit of lalang in that area. Look at google maps to plan your route.
    The area that previously links to the east is already cordon off due to construction. Used to cycle there very often.

The Timur and Barat island doesn't seem to have much of those left when I drive there for some photo shoots last week.

I believe Timur is current a temporary area for storing HDB building materials for Punggol's expansion. Could see all the "Lego" walls and storerooms there.

went to punggol road end, up the the jetty area 2 weeks ago, and yes, the right side is blocked off, with construction going on, they are transforming it to a park or something? I took my camera drive in, to my disappointment... ... went to punggol east where the current Popeye or the 2 Chinese temple is located, the park (river) there, is closed too, not yet open to the public. Gotta head back home, lucky that i went home, cause it rains shortly after i left.
    SonyA290 User

Quote Originally Posted by Deathegg View Post
    The area that previously links to the east is already cordon off due to construction. Used to cycle there very often.

The Timur and Barat island doesn't seem to have much of those left when I drive there for some photo shoots last week.

I believe Timur is current a temporary area for storing HDB building materials for Punggol's expansion. Could see all the "Lego" walls and storerooms there.
    Means there isnt anymore larang left? Or its lesser but theres a patch left?

Quote Originally Posted by shunkun View Post
    went to punggol road end, up the the jetty area 2 weeks ago, and yes, the right side is blocked off, with construction going on, they are transforming it to a park or something? I took my camera drive in, to my disappointment... ... went to punggol east where the current Popeye or the 2 Chinese temple is located, the park (river) there, is closed too, not yet open to the public. Gotta head back home, lucky that i went home, cause it rains shortly after i left.
    So you didnt find anything?

Means there isnt anymore larang left? Or its lesser but theres a patch left?
    No idea coz they block off the entire area to construct the park.

Quote Originally Posted by xtremeonline View Post

I don't think you can find this purplish larang in the wild, these are planted by National Park, you can find them along the ECP expressway near lagoon areas.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

You'll find it at Admiralty Park.

try toa payoh garden or jurong west park. did both project before.

but b warned of the latter, cos there was supposed to b a cobra lurking somewhere in the marsh.