Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: dell notebook at fixed price?

u no, all coms are the same... they use the same materials for their motherboards etc. My school recently made a purchase of 455 DELLs to replace Acer coms. I belive that the school must have made the purchase because they found DELL reliable.
    The equipment can only bring you so far - the rest of the photographic journey is done by you.

They invited me to their factory in Penang. Pretty impressive. They will only make a pc or notebook upon receiving an order.

Quote Originally Posted by Kho King
    will Dell replace the notebook LCD screen if there are one or two dead pixels on it?
    wah..... dun be so niao lah.....

ok, when I had my dell laptop, service was excellent, just call and the guys will come with the parts to replace at my home, so far exchanged

1) screen,
    2) motherboard
    3) battery
    4) trackpad

because the servicing is done by 3rd party, they just want to solve the problem ASAP, hence usually they just do a swap for the problematic part. So they don't waste your time to diagnose diagnose........ to find the cheapest part to replace etc.....

Quote Originally Posted by clive
    in sg, alot of people dont like dell. many say its problematic, only a few say its good.
    although I don't work for Dell, I have used Dell for a long time, and several other brands too, including IBM. all these things aside, do you actually have data, statistics, or evidence of any sort for you to arrive at such a statement?

after reading all the testimonials above, I am now quite confident in buying Dell

Thanks guys!
    DR KOH KHO KING

Quote Originally Posted by Kho King
    after reading all the testimonials above, I am now quite confident in buying Dell

Thanks guys!
    I would gladly trade my thinkpad for your Dell

also be sure to specify the 802.11g option card which is only like $54. Beats the sh!t out of my little 802.11b on the thinkpad.

arh....what's the different between 802.11g and 802.11b? I didn't notice the little g and b different until you mentioned it!
    DR KOH KHO KING

11g = 54Mbps
    11b = 11Mbps

in actual use you can get about 50-60% throughput, so if you're doing computer-to-computer backup of big files (like RAW files) it'll take forever on 11b (only ~5Mbps).

My desktop and laptop are both from Dell. After too much gaming, my laptop's keyboard spoilt, and they came down to fix it without any fuss (still within warrantry period). Good service My Inspiron laptop is going on to its 4th year now and is still going strong, other than the keyboard thingy.

Think Dell is a good option for computer idiots like me... just call, tell them what you intend to do with it, and out comes a nice customised package (with a price, of course.)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12