Thread: In Hong Kong Now

Default In Hong Kong Now

Hi , need some advice from you guys out there. Currently Im hongkong right now.

Thought of upgrades something or maybe get something for my D5000. What are the thing much worth to get in HK now ?

Thought of getting the External Flash nissin speedlite .

Default Re: In Hong Kong Now

Quote Originally Posted by afiyy View Post

Thought of upgrades something or maybe get something for my D5000. What are the thing much worth to get in HK now ?

Without 7% GST tax and the weaker HKD, Hong Kong is generally a good to buy camera and accessories.

Do note camera body does not get Internal Warranty while lenses and flash generally do come with International Warranty.

Also do note you need to declare items according to the Singapore Customs GST Relief guideline for returning citizen and saw it in Straits Times last few days as well:
    http://www.customs.gov.sg/leftNav/tr...oncessions.htm

I don't know the consequences of not declaring if caught

thought of getting a external flash the nissin speedlite something as a beginner startout .
    what model shall i get for the external flash ?

Why don't consider Nikon SB700 ?

thought of getting a external flash the nissin speedlite something as a beginner startout .
    what model shall i get for the external flash ?
    nissin is not a good buy in HK, u only save S$20-30 and u lost the 1 year warranty(no international warranty for nissin), i recommend u buy canon flash there since the price different between there and sg can reach S$100 and if u get the one still with green international warranty card u can have 12 months of international warranty in sg
    i buy i sell i use, repeat, such are the vicious endless cycle of GAS

can canon flash use it for nikon cameras?

Quote Originally Posted by willdoang

nissin is not a good buy in HK, u only save S$20-30 and u lost the 1 year warranty(no international warranty for nissin), i recommend u buy canon flash there since the price different between there and sg can reach S$100 and if u get the one still with green international warranty card u can have 12 months of international warranty in sg
    Ts is using nikon

so now the question is .
    what external flash brand and model should I go for , for a beginner to startout using external flash .

Best to get lenses! Check out the price at http://rolandlim.wordpress.com/2009/...et-price-list/
    to know the HK street price. They are about 10% to 30+% cheaper than sg. Even cheaper than those 2nd hand prices in bns in clubsnap.
    Good luck!
    D3 D800 RX-1 X100 E-M5 My flickr

damn ! i didn't did any research on lense that much yet .
    but as far as i'm concern i just want a lenses for my needs for far distance and can take streets , landscapes or should i say almost everything because im a type of person who alwahys like to take pictures here and there .

Quote Originally Posted by afiyy
    Can. I used 580 EX II and 430 EX on my D90 before. Just tt no TTL. Have to gi manual
    Nikon D90 | AF-S 18-105mm | AF 50mm f/1.8D | Tokina 12-24mm f4 | Sigma 30mm f1.4

Quote Originally Posted by Berkins View Post
    Ts is using nikon
    damn --', sorry must have mixed up with other thread, nikon brand price wise i'm not sure, u might one to compare with the nikon pricelist in sg and i also dun know how the international warranty works for nikon , but nissin flash with only diff by S$20-30 from sg price + u lost the 12 months warranty (i was leaning to buy nissin di622 on my last year oct trip but bought canon speedlite 420EXII because of this) is really not a smart buy
    i buy i sell i use, repeat, such are the vicious endless cycle of GAS

What type of lenses to get as in your recommendations for d5000 ? Because I'm a type of people who takes picture of almost everything . 18-200 sounds good but yeah . What can you advices me for upgrading lenses ?