Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: In Hong Kong Now

  1. #1

    Default In Hong Kong Now

    Hi , need some advice from you guys out there. Currently Im hongkong right now.

    Thought of upgrades something or maybe get something for my D5000. What are the thing much worth to get in HK now ?

    Thought of getting the External Flash nissin speedlite .

  2. #2

    Default Re: In Hong Kong Now

    Quote Originally Posted by afiyy View Post
    Hi , need some advice from you guys out there. Currently Im hongkong right now.

    Thought of upgrades something or maybe get something for my D5000. What are the thing much worth to get in HK now ?

    Thought of getting the External Flash nissin speedlite .
    Without 7% GST tax and the weaker HKD, Hong Kong is generally a good to buy camera and accessories.

    Do note camera body does not get Internal Warranty while lenses and flash generally do come with International Warranty.

    Also do note you need to declare items according to the Singapore Customs GST Relief guideline for returning citizen and saw it in Straits Times last few days as well:
    http://www.customs.gov.sg/leftNav/tr...oncessions.htm

    I don't know the consequences of not declaring if caught

  3. #3

    Default Re: In Hong Kong Now

    thought of getting a external flash the nissin speedlite something as a beginner startout .
    what model shall i get for the external flash ?

  4. #4

    Default Re: In Hong Kong Now

    Why don't consider Nikon SB700 ?

  5. #5
    Member willdoang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    east, near dakota MRT
    Posts
    1,547

    Default Re: In Hong Kong Now

    Quote Originally Posted by afiyy View Post
    thought of getting a external flash the nissin speedlite something as a beginner startout .
    what model shall i get for the external flash ?
    nissin is not a good buy in HK, u only save S$20-30 and u lost the 1 year warranty(no international warranty for nissin), i recommend u buy canon flash there since the price different between there and sg can reach S$100 and if u get the one still with green international warranty card u can have 12 months of international warranty in sg
    i buy i sell i use, repeat, such are the vicious endless cycle of GAS

  6. #6

    Default Re: In Hong Kong Now

    can canon flash use it for nikon cameras?

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by willdoang

    nissin is not a good buy in HK, u only save S$20-30 and u lost the 1 year warranty(no international warranty for nissin), i recommend u buy canon flash there since the price different between there and sg can reach S$100 and if u get the one still with green international warranty card u can have 12 months of international warranty in sg
    Ts is using nikon

  8. #8

    Default Re: In Hong Kong Now

    so now the question is .
    what external flash brand and model should I go for , for a beginner to startout using external flash .

  9. #9

    Default Re: In Hong Kong Now

    Quote Originally Posted by afiyy View Post
    Hi , need some advice from you guys out there. Currently Im hongkong right now.

    Thought of upgrades something or maybe get something for my D5000. What are the thing much worth to get in HK now ?

    Thought of getting the External Flash nissin speedlite .
    Best to get lenses! Check out the price at http://rolandlim.wordpress.com/2009/...et-price-list/
    to know the HK street price. They are about 10% to 30+% cheaper than sg. Even cheaper than those 2nd hand prices in bns in clubsnap.
    Good luck!
    D3 D800 RX-1 X100 E-M5 My flickr

  10. #10

    Default Re: In Hong Kong Now

    damn ! i didn't did any research on lense that much yet .
    but as far as i'm concern i just want a lenses for my needs for far distance and can take streets , landscapes or should i say almost everything because im a type of person who alwahys like to take pictures here and there .

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by afiyy
    can canon flash use it for nikon cameras?
    Can. I used 580 EX II and 430 EX on my D90 before. Just tt no TTL. Have to gi manual
    Nikon D90 | AF-S 18-105mm | AF 50mm f/1.8D | Tokina 12-24mm f4 | Sigma 30mm f1.4

  12. #12
    Member willdoang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    east, near dakota MRT
    Posts
    1,547

    Default Re: In Hong Kong Now

    Quote Originally Posted by afiyy View Post
    can canon flash use it for nikon cameras?
    Quote Originally Posted by Berkins View Post
    Ts is using nikon
    damn --', sorry must have mixed up with other thread, nikon brand price wise i'm not sure, u might one to compare with the nikon pricelist in sg and i also dun know how the international warranty works for nikon , but nissin flash with only diff by S$20-30 from sg price + u lost the 12 months warranty (i was leaning to buy nissin di622 on my last year oct trip but bought canon speedlite 420EXII because of this) is really not a smart buy
    i buy i sell i use, repeat, such are the vicious endless cycle of GAS

  13. #13

    Default

    What type of lenses to get as in your recommendations for d5000 ? Because I'm a type of people who takes picture of almost everything . 18-200 sounds good but yeah . What can you advices me for upgrading lenses ?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •