Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: which monopod should i get?

Quote Originally Posted by amateur_photographer
    how about the new manfrotto tripod? I mean the NEOTEC thingy? Seems pretty impressive except for the folded length, which is still around 70cm
    Am looking for a monopod leh, have already own a monfrotto tripod.

btw, I'm personally using a Slik Pro Pod 600 (~$85). Finds the weight and height more suitable for my needs (679 is too short, while 680 is too heavy).

i'm the guy who grabbed the 679 (for furture use though, dun have a zoom lens yet )

the tension on the legs' releases can be adjusted, so no worry that it's too tight. manfrotto website rated it to be able to carry 10kg.

i'm still looking at heads though... i'm considering 234rc now, but still havent got the time to go to any shops to choose my head

Quote Originally Posted by mpenza
    btw, I'm personally using a Slik Pro Pod 600 (~$85). Finds the weight and height more suitable for my needs (679 is too short, while 680 is too heavy).
    Wah, ah chek, how tall are you man? The 679 is 162cm tall. My monopod is only 154cm and i find it just nice together with the 234RC which raises it a bit. I am 174cm. And i am not using it in the straight up way.

Quote Originally Posted by quekky
    i'm the guy who grabbed the 679 (for furture use though, dun have a zoom lens yet )

the tension on the legs' releases can be adjusted, so no worry that it's too tight. manfrotto website rated it to be able to carry 10kg.

i'm still looking at heads though... i'm considering 234rc now, but still havent got the time to go to any shops to choose my head
    really? i can take up to 10kg, but uncle (an impatient uncle at CP, one of the reasons I deidnt ask much and buy from them).

Quote Originally Posted by sumball
    Am looking for a monopod leh, have already own a monfrotto tripod.
    And yes, I'm talking about monopod, in case you are not aware

Quote Originally Posted by 2100
    Wah, ah chek, how tall are you man? The 679 is 162cm tall. My monopod is only 154cm and i find it just nice together with the 234RC which raises it a bit. I am 174cm. And i am not using it in the straight up way.
    I've actually bought it before and found it a bit too short. 679 is also a bit too long when folded (this might be the main reason). 680 is shorter and weighs more, so it was out.

Slik Propod 600 is 160cm, weighs 600g and 53.5cm when folded. yup, I'm a little bit taller.
    Last edited by mpenza; 15th July 2004 at 05:33 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12