Thread: Help with setting up a Facebook account for social concerns

Default Help with setting up a Facebook account for social concerns

Those who know me, know my tenuous relationship with anything IT or PC related...

So here's hoping someone can help:

I would like to set up a Facebook account, which is used for my social mission trips purposes and Not the usual friends and contacts thing.

I.E.

I have seen some FB sites which are related to certain issues, social concerns.

So the Aim is to put some pics of my trips to poverty stricken places, and put some FAQs up and let the interested people post, interact with each other.

Eg: "An Eye for outreach and a heart for the needy - an outreach and social concerns site".

(BTW is that too long?)

My questions:

Is this the same kind of account you use with your regular FB?
    Do I need to pay?
    Do I need a license?

How to I limit things to viewing only, and add people - just keep it private? I want the link to be visible but I don't want a whole bunch of people to comment if they are nasty or something.

Thank you and please give your suggestions.

Lastly, will a blogger site serve me better?
    Nikon D750; FM2; FG; 55mm Micro Nikkor; 28-300 VR; 70-200 VR; Nikon V1 + 10-30mm

Default Re: Help with setting up a Facebook account for social concerns

A nice example will be SPCA:
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/spcasingapore
    Nikon D750; FM2; FG; 55mm Micro Nikkor; 28-300 VR; 70-200 VR; Nikon V1 + 10-30mm

You could create a Facebook page to spread awareness.

Is this the same kind of account you use with your regular FB?
    Yes, as long you have an account in Facebook,
    1) you can be the Facebook page or group creator. OR
    2) you can create another user id for this group "add as friend" to have more control

Do I need to pay?
    No, it's free.

Do I need a license?
    No, unless maybe in future you can apply as non-profitable organisation.

How to I limit things to viewing only, and add people - just keep it private? I want the link to be visible but I don't want a whole bunch of people to comment if they are nasty or something.

Actually you need to be open to doing this and ask yourself who are the audience? seriously only people who are keen in these social mission trips they'll reply accordingly to the comments left in the page. You could create a facebook group (set as closed) as well in order to have more control.

HTH

Thanks for your help.

I set up a site, still a work in progress, but if you search for "Saving Starfish Saving Souls", you will find it.