Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Firmware Upgrade for C700UZ

Originally posted by daniella3d
    just wondering, do you have any problem to handheld the camera at full zoom or am i the only one who can do that?

I can do it up to 1/10 if i am carefull. I can surely do it without problem at 1/30.

what about you? what is your experience with this?

hi daniella.. great to see you here

Originally posted by azone

I see.. welcome back!
    thanks
    you guys been going shooting often ?

Hi Zhapchit! Good to see u in the forum Let's go for another photoshoot soon!

azone, yeah I suspected it isn't a firmware upgrade too...but on the repair sheet, he actually wrote "software upgrade". Hmmm...heck care lar, as long as we have less hotpixels now!

Originally posted by Tweek
    azone, yeah I suspected it isn't a firmware upgrade too...but on the repair sheet, he actually wrote "software upgrade". Hmmm...heck care lar, as long as we have less hotpixels now!
    Yeah man. haha, btw, my sheet said "Noise/Hot Pixel WX Strap" and a "CCD Adj". Hmm.. CCD adjust?? Wat the heck!

Originally posted by zhapchit

thanks
    you guys been going shooting often ?
    Haha, me so so lah. The others went for alot of photo-shoots.

Hi Zhapchit! Good to see u in the forum Let's go for another photoshoot soon!

azone, tweek, looks like i've been missing out on quite alot of action

daniella3d
    Guests

Looks like a nice forum, look much more friendly than the forum at dpreview.com

I went shooting some snow in the montain near by. this only happens about every 10 years here. My photo did not have so much noise but i could get rid of what it has. Anyone know what software version need this patch for noise?

Here is my gallery:

www.pbase.com/zylen and
    www.pbase.com/c700

should i get an upgrade too?

Originally posted by zhapchit

hi daniella.. great to see you here

daniella3d
    Guests

Default ISO 800?

How about you guys doing some tests at ISO 800 so we can see the level of noise now with this patch?

will ISO 800 be more usable with this patch?

Yeah man. haha, btw, my sheet said "Noise/Hot Pixel WX Strap" and a "CCD Adj". Hmm.. CCD adjust?? Wat the heck!
    Mine even say "Lense cleaning" =p
    Canon Lover :)

Default Re: ISO 800?

How about you guys doing some tests at ISO 800 so we can see the level of noise now with this patch?

will ISO 800 be more usable with this patch?
    Did a brief try last night. The ISO doesn't improve much. 800 is way too noisy to be used. The only improvement I noticed is that you can exposure the shutter speed longer without having as much moise as before.

Looks like a nice forum, look much more friendly than the forum at dpreview.com

I went shooting some snow in the montain near by. this only happens about every 10 years here. My photo did not have so much noise but i could get rid of what it has. Anyone know what software version need this patch for noise?

Here is my gallery:

www.pbase.com/zylen and
    www.pbase.com/c700

should i get an upgrade too?

Hi daniella3d, I don't think there is a firmware patch to reduce such noise for the C700UZ, but I have been trying different softwares to tackle this noise problem in the post-processing stage. Please visit my website www.weekai.com and click on "information". I have a short article there.

I just checked out your gallery, daniella, and I must say that you do have an excellent collection of photos! Very nice...which country are you at?

Kelvin Lau
    Guests

Can someone please confirm which is the later version of the two:

v357p-73 or v357p-74?

Mine was v357p-73 before the so-called "upgrade" to v357p-74. I haven't test for hotpixels yet.

daniella3d
    Guests

Default Re: Re: ISO 800?

Did a brief try last night. The ISO doesn't improve much. 800 is way too noisy to be used. The only improvement I noticed is that you can exposure the shutter speed longer without having as much moise as before.
    Hello! do you have any comparaison tests ? i would love to see some of your low light photos before and now.

daniella3d
    Guests

I just checked out your gallery, daniella, and I must say that you do have an excellent collection of photos! Very nice...which country are you at?
    Hi,

Thanks for the comments i live in California, USA and you?

daniella3d
    Guests

Hi daniella3d, I don't think there is a firmware patch to reduce such noise for the C700UZ, but I have been trying different softwares to tackle this noise problem in the post-processing stage. Please visit my website www.weekai.com and click on "information". I have a short article there.
    No? but i thought that patch was about reducing the noise no? or is it only remaping the hot pixels?

Hi,

Thanks for the comments i live in California, USA and you?
    Most of us are in Singapore, the tiny island.

No? but i thought that patch was about reducing the noise no? or is it only remaping the hot pixels?
    The patch reduced the intensity of hotpixels, but it did nothing to ISO noise and shadow noise whatsoever....

mine bought in japan leh..wonder if can upgrade the firmware too.....anyone can find out?
    any number i can call to find out?

1800-olympus

but u'll need to pay, coz u dont have a local warranty..

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast