Page 1 of 16 123611 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 303

Thread: What's your camera bag and what's in it?

  1. #1
    Member Shahrie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Admiralty, SG
    Posts
    420

    Default What's your camera bag and what's in it?

    Hi all! I'm just curious. What items are in your camera bag nowadays? I'm not talking about those who are gearing up to shoot events, weddings, etc. Just a normal walkabout or to and fro to work. You see, I just bought a Domke F3X yesterday and Im quite surprise with all the gears that I can put in. I know some photographers even have apples, bananas and magazines. What's in yours?

    Let me start the ball rolling.

    1) Domke F3X (Black)
    2) Canon 550D w/ BG08
    3) Sigma 17-70mm F/2.8-F/4.5
    4) Sigma 70-200mm F/2.8
    5) Yongnuo 560
    6) Nissin Di866 TTL
    7) Some Eneloop batts
    8) Memory card reader
    9) TTL cord + mini usb
    10) Extra 8GB SD card
    11) A paperback novel
    12) A can of Nescafe Latte (I'm a heavy coffee drinker!)

    That's about 80% of all my camera gears. Not including tripod, monopod, lightstand etc. Just wanna know how heavy you guys lug around. Am I carrying to much?
    500px Mobile “The most important things in life aren't things”

  2. #2

    Default Re: What's your camera bag and what's in it?

    All that are your walkabout bag? Wow... isn't it heavy?

    I carried my 50D + 35mm f2, a 1 litre Nalgene bottle, wallet, iphone + some little items in my gucci bag for a week and i decided I won't ever do that anymore. kudos to you man.

  3. #3
    Member Shahrie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Admiralty, SG
    Posts
    420

    Default Re: What's your camera bag and what's in it?

    Quote Originally Posted by virtualme78 View Post
    All that are your walkabout bag? Wow... isn't it heavy?

    I carried my 50D + 35mm f2, a 1 litre Nalgene bottle, wallet, iphone + some little items in my gucci bag for a week and i decided I won't ever do that anymore. kudos to you man.
    My sentiments are right. I am carrying a bit too much right? But I'm the kind of person like, "What if I need a longer zoom? What if I need an extra flash to do highlights on the hair in low light?". I do realise at the end of the day, My shoulders are hurting. Hmmm. I should really re-consider my gears again. Hehe. Thks man.

    And ... wow! Gucci! Really? That's nice!
    500px Mobile “The most important things in life aren't things”

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Woodlands, Singapore
    Posts
    1,289

    Default Re: What's your camera bag and what's in it?

    I guess your happy with your purchase but could have been happier..but I think it wont be for long till your dream comes true..

    Together with Shahrie(my actual brother) we went bag shopping earlier...he had gotten his f3x while I got my first Billingham bag from PK Chan. A very nice guy he is. To cut the story short, I'm very happy with my purchase of Sage/Fibernyte Hadley Pro + Avea 3...

    Here's what amazed me when I try to fit my equipments in it...

    In main compartment :
    -50D + 24-105L mounted
    -70-200 f4L IS(hood reversed)
    -nifty 50 1.8
    -siggy 30 1.4(hood mounted)

    In front 2 pockets :
    - 580EX II + stofen diffuser (in a pocket)
    - wallet + ciggs + mobile phone (in another)

    In Avea 3 pouch :
    - PWs MiniTT1 + Flex TT5

    In Back Zipper pocket :
    - some reading materials

    Although realistically, I am not going to fit all these each time I'm heading out for shoot(if I'm gonna do so, I's rather use my F2 or my TT Ultralight V2.5). It's just amazing how much stuff I can fit into this slimline looking bag.

    I've actually bought this bag for an everyday shooter bag, thus at most I will fit my cam body + lens mounted, an additional lens and a flash. But to my honest opinion, its money well worth paying for to get a billingham anytime. I suppose any billingham bag owners can vouch for me with this. What you guys think?
    KANTAimages
    "through the lens where every memories is crafted"

  5. #5

    Default Re: What's your camera bag and what's in it?

    I'm the kind of person I have to carry a bag that is not a camera bag unless its really nice.... if I have to choose that will be Billingham Hadley small or large.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shahrie View Post
    My sentiments are right. I am carrying a bit too much right? But I'm the kind of person like, "What if I need a longer zoom? What if I need an extra flash to do highlights on the hair in low light?". I do realise at the end of the day, My shoulders are hurting. Hmmm. I should really re-consider my gears again. Hehe. Thks man.

    And ... wow! Gucci! Really? That's nice!

  6. #6
    Member pasay's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    508

    Default Re: What's your camera bag and what's in it?

    that's your walkabout (ie. "normal day") setup?? no wonder your shoulders hurt. 2 lenses and 2 flashes sounds like a photoshoot day, esp with a 70-200.

    i bring:
    D90 w/ MB-D80
    18-200 (mostly) or 24-70 or 50mm
    SB900 speedlite
    extra AA's x 4 (permanent resident in my bag)
    extra SD card (also PR)
    lenspen and cleaning cloth (also PR)
    all inside a lowepro flipside 200

    if it's a walkabout, i follow "one camera, one lens (and one flash*)"

    *when needed
    a Nikon body, some lenses, a flash, and a whole lot of dusty photos

  7. #7
    Senior Member digitalpimp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Shèng Gǎng
    Posts
    2,744

    Default Re: What's your camera bag and what's in it?

    In my Safrotto CF-100 or ThinkTank StreetWalker Pro:

    - Sony A700 with battery grip
    - Sony A200
    - Casio Ex-Z550
    - Samyang 8mm f3.5 Fisheye
    - Sony 50mm f1.4
    - Sigma 10-20mm f4-5.6
    - Tamron 28-105mm f2.8
    - Right angle viewfinder
    - Light Craft Workshop Fader ND2-400
    - 6 P-Series filters in wallet
    - 4 Screw-in filters in wallet
    - A golden snitch
    - P-Series filter holder with 3 slots
    - P-Series filter holder with 1 slot
    - Wired remote
    - Extra batteries
    - Pop-up flash diffusers
    - A black card
    - Energon cubes
    - Microfiber cloth
    - Lenspen
    - Blower
    - MiFi router
    - Ventolin Evohaler
    - Cologne
    - Mints
    - Hand sanitizer
    - A ballpen
    - Bottled water
    - A small towel
    - Extra shirt
    - Books/magazines
    - A pack of cigarettes
    - A small bag of chips/chocolates


    In my National Geographic W2160:
    - Sony A700
    - Samyang 8mm f3.5 or Sigma 10-20mm f4-5.6
    - Tamron 28-105mm f2.8 or 50mm f1.4
    - Work documents
    - Laptop or magazines
    - MiFi router
    - Ventolin Evohaler
    - Cologne
    - A ballpen
    - Mints
    - Hand sanitizer
    - A pack of cigarettes
    - A small bag of chips/chocolates
    Last edited by digitalpimp; 14th January 2011 at 01:21 AM.

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Jakarta
    Posts
    91

    Default Re: What's your camera bag and what's in it?

    We'll I've got my 5DMkII, 70-200 f2.8L IS, 24-70 f2.8L, 100 m f2.8L HIS, 6-35mm f2.8L MK II, 480 EX, Mac Book Pro and Mac Book Air and the iPad. Cheers.
    Chris
    5D2 / 5D3 / 16-35 2.8L II USM / 24-70 2.8L / 100 2.8L IS Macro/ 70-200 2.8L IS

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Hougang
    Posts
    707

    Default Re: What's your camera bag and what's in it?

    In my Lowepro Stealth Reporter D100...

    Canon 40D
    50/1.8
    28-135/3.5-5.6

    Optional
    Yashica Mat 124
    2 rolls of film

    And couple of random stuff like tissue paper and umbrella

  10. #10
    Senior Member Override2Zion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Singapore/Bangkok Thailand
    Posts
    2,111

    Default Re: What's your camera bag and what's in it?

    Formal Shoots
    Lowepro Stealth Reporter D400 AW (With Lens Pouch)
    Nikon D700, Nikon D200, 17-35mm f/2.8, 28-75mm f/2.8, 70-200 f/2.8, 50mm f/1.8, SB-900, Hoya C-PL, Tianya ND8, Tripod, 2 x CF 8Gb, ExpoDisc, Bounce Card

    Informal Shoots
    Lowepro Flipside 300
    Nikon D700, 17-35mm f/2.8, 28-75mm f/2.8, 70-200 f/2.8, 50mm f/1.8, SB-900, Hoya C-PL, Tianya ND8, Tripod, 2 x CF 8Gb, Nikon MC-30 Remote Trigger, ExpoDisc, Bounce Card

    Walkabouts
    Delsey Cortex 05
    Nikon D700, 17-35mm f/2.8, 28-75mm f/2.8, Hoya C-PL, 2 x CF 8Gb, Nikon MC-30 Remote Trigger

    For My Companion
    Lowepro EX180
    Nikon D200, 17-50mm f/2.8, 8Gb CF


    .
    Last edited by Override2Zion; 14th January 2011 at 02:18 AM.
    Nikon D200/D700/D800 User :)
    [www.PositiveStudioProductions.com]

  11. #11
    Member Shahrie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Admiralty, SG
    Posts
    420

    Default Re: What's your camera bag and what's in it?

    Quote Originally Posted by digitalpimp View Post
    In my Safrotto CF-100 or ThinkTank StreetWalker Pro:

    - Sony A700 with battery grip
    - Sony A200
    - Casio Ex-Z550
    - Samyang 8mm f3.5 Fisheye
    - Sony 50mm f1.4
    - Sigma 10-20mm f4-5.6
    - Tamron 28-105mm f2.8
    - Right angle viewfinder
    - Light Craft Workshop Fader ND2-400
    - 6 P-Series filters in wallet
    - 4 Screw-in filters in wallet
    - A golden snitch
    - P-Series filter holder with 3 slots
    - P-Series filter holder with 1 slot
    - Wired remote
    - Extra batteries
    - Pop-up flash diffusers
    - A black card
    - Energon cubes
    - Microfiber cloth
    - Lenspen
    - Blower
    - MiFi router
    - Ventolin Evohaler
    - Cologne
    - Mints
    - Hand sanitizer



    In my National Geographic W2160:
    - Sony A700
    - Samyang 8mm f3.5 or Sigma 10-20mm f4-5.6
    - Tamron 28-105mm f2.8 or 50mm f1.4
    - Work documents
    - Laptop or magazines
    - MiFi router
    - Ventolin Evohaler
    - Cologne
    - A ballpen
    - Mints
    - Hand sanitizer
    - A pack of cigarettes
    - A small bag of chips/chocolates
    You've even got a hand sanitizer? And whats a MiFi router?
    500px Mobile “The most important things in life aren't things”

  12. #12

    Default Re: What's your camera bag and what's in it?

    walkabout ah...sometimes i bring my camera to school or outside
    im using a targus laptop bag cause i need to bring my laptop to school and camera bags which fit laptops are not practical for me.

    so i have my laptop, charger, psp, sweater, some books and most importantly my 550d+tam 17-50 in a neoprene pouch sometimes if i need it i can squeeze in my 55-250 using the padding stolen from my crumpler 5mdh and assembling it into a cylinder.

    i have a crumpler 5mdh too(as mentioned above) but dont really use it as its very small and cant accomodate alot of my neccesary stuff. i would get a dedicated camera bag though, if the compartment for putting my normal items were larger.
    Canon EOS 550D|BG-E8|Tamron 17-50 f2.8|18-55mm IS|55-250mm IS|
    Flickr

  13. #13
    Member Shahrie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Admiralty, SG
    Posts
    420

    Default Re: What's your camera bag and what's in it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Override2Zion View Post
    Walkabouts
    Delsey Cortex 05
    Nikon D700, 17-35mm f/2.8, 28-75mm f/2.8, Hoya C-PL, 2 x CF 8Gb, Nikon MC-30 Remote Trigger

    For My Companion
    Lowepro EX180
    Nikon D200, 17-50mm f/2.8, 8Gb CF

    .
    Delsey Cortex 05 look sweet for a walkabout. Set me thinking. Lol.
    500px Mobile “The most important things in life aren't things”

  14. #14
    Senior Member digitalpimp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Shèng Gǎng
    Posts
    2,744

    Default Re: What's your camera bag and what's in it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Shahrie View Post
    You've even got a hand sanitizer? And whats a MiFi router?
    Yea. I'm a hygiene-freak. MiFi router is a mobile wifi hotspot. Can connect up to 5 internet devices.

  15. #15
    Senior Member digitalpimp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Shèng Gǎng
    Posts
    2,744

    Default Re: What's your camera bag and what's in it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Override2Zion View Post
    Format Shoots
    Lowepro Stealth Reporter D400 AW (With Lens Pouch)
    Nikon D700, Nikon D200, 17-35mm f/2.8, 28-75mm f/2.8, 70-200 f/2.8, 50mm f/1.8, SB-900, Hoya C-PL, Tianya ND8, Tripod, 2 x CF 8Gb, ExpoDisc, Bounce Card

    Informal Shoots
    Lowepro Flipside 300
    Nikon D700, 17-35mm f/2.8, 28-75mm f/2.8, 70-200 f/2.8, 50mm f/1.8, SB-900, Hoya C-PL, Tianya ND8, Tripod, 2 x CF 8Gb, Nikon MC-30 Remote Trigger, ExpoDisc, Bounce Card

    Walkabouts
    Delsey Cortex 05
    Nikon D700, 17-35mm f/2.8, 28-75mm f/2.8, Hoya C-PL, 2 x CF 8Gb, Nikon MC-30 Remote Trigger

    For My Companion
    Lowepro EX180
    Nikon D200, 17-50mm f/2.8, 8Gb CF


    .

    I second Shahrie's comment. That Delsey looks really good. Where did you get it? First time I've heard of such brand.

  16. #16
    Member Shahrie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Admiralty, SG
    Posts
    420

    Default Re: What's your camera bag and what's in it?

    Quote Originally Posted by deathrequiem View Post
    walkabout ah...sometimes i bring my camera to school or outside
    im using a targus laptop bag cause i need to bring my laptop to school and camera bags which fit laptops are not practical for me.

    so i have my laptop, charger, psp, sweater, some books and most importantly my 550d+tam 17-50 in a neoprene pouch sometimes if i need it i can squeeze in my 55-250 using the padding stolen from my crumpler 5mdh and assembling it into a cylinder.

    i have a crumpler 5mdh too(as mentioned above) but dont really use it as its very small and cant accomodate alot of my neccesary stuff. i would get a dedicated camera bag though, if the compartment for putting my normal items were larger.
    Actually, I've notice quite a number of photogs 'improvised' their other bags to fit in a dslr for every day use. I've tried using my Crumpler messenger bag (Western Lawn) but it look a bit out of shape with my 550D in it.
    500px Mobile “The most important things in life aren't things”

  17. #17
    Senior Member Override2Zion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Singapore/Bangkok Thailand
    Posts
    2,111

    Default Re: What's your camera bag and what's in it?

    Quote Originally Posted by digitalpimp View Post
    I second Shahrie's comment. That Delsey looks really good. Where did you get it? First time I've heard of such brand.
    It was actually a gift from my wifey
    I think this brand should be available in Singapore, based on Delsey's website, there is a distributor in Singapore. There is also a Delsey shop in Millenia Walk according to the store locator, not sure if they have camera bags there since Delsey also produces luggage and laptop bags. Mine was bought in Bangkok though.

    There are actually 2 things I didn't like about the Cortex 05,
    1) The shoulder strap cannot be removed, its attached permanently to the bag
    2) There is no top handle on the bag so the strap is the only thing that you can hold on to

    IMHO the bag looks quite stylish though
    Nikon D200/D700/D800 User :)
    [www.PositiveStudioProductions.com]

  18. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore
    Posts
    201

    Default Re: What's your camera bag and what's in it?

    Quote Originally Posted by digitalpimp View Post
    In my Safrotto CF-100 or ThinkTank StreetWalker Pro:

    - Sony A700 with battery grip
    - Sony A200
    - Casio Ex-Z550
    - Samyang 8mm f3.5 Fisheye
    - Sony 50mm f1.4
    - Sigma 10-20mm f4-5.6
    - Tamron 28-105mm f2.8
    - Right angle viewfinder
    - Light Craft Workshop Fader ND2-400
    - 6 P-Series filters in wallet
    - 4 Screw-in filters in wallet
    - A golden snitch
    - P-Series filter holder with 3 slots
    - P-Series filter holder with 1 slot
    - Wired remote
    - Extra batteries
    - Pop-up flash diffusers
    - A black card
    - Energon cubes
    - Microfiber cloth
    - Lenspen
    - Blower
    - MiFi router
    - Ventolin Evohaler
    - Cologne
    - Mints
    - Hand sanitizer
    - A ballpen
    - Bottled water
    - A small towel
    - Extra shirt
    - Books/magazines
    - A pack of cigarettes
    - A small bag of chips/chocolates


    In my National Geographic W2160:
    - Sony A700
    - Samyang 8mm f3.5 or Sigma 10-20mm f4-5.6
    - Tamron 28-105mm f2.8 or 50mm f1.4
    - Work documents
    - Laptop or magazines
    - MiFi router
    - Ventolin Evohaler
    - Cologne
    - A ballpen
    - Mints
    - Hand sanitizer
    - A pack of cigarettes
    - A small bag of chips/chocolates
    u carry a golden snitch to play quidditch?

  19. #19

    Default Re: What's your camera bag and what's in it?

    Im using a brandless $15 camera bag, Billingham Lookalike.

    Camera Bag
    - Canon 550D with Battery Grip
    - Tamron 17-50 f/2.8
    - Canon 85 f/1.8 USM
    - 2 sets of Yongnuo 560
    - 2 sets of Hercules Triggers
    - 2 sets of extra Camera batteries
    - 2 sets of extra Flash Eneloop batteries


    Lightstand Bag

    - 3 sets of Lightstand + 2 sets of Umbrella Holder
    - 2 40" Brolly
    - 1 Reflector Holder
    - 1 110cm 5 in 1 reflector
    Think fast, aim for the best !

  20. #20

    Default Re: What's your camera bag and what's in it?

    A normal walkabout will be the freebie crumpler bag with 550D w/ grip + sigma 50mm 1.4
    No more space after squeezing this.

    If I need more than 1 lens, it will be thinktank slingomatic or streetwalker(really comfy padding)

Page 1 of 16 123611 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •