Thread: Aspect ratio

Default Aspect ratio

Hi everyone! I have a question for those who have printed their photos before. I am in doubt so i want to ask. If my image size is at 1824 x 2736 and the aspect ratio is 2:3, will there be any cropped parts if i were to print it? i am asking this as my picture looks kind of vertically long.. so i'm afraid that if i print it out, it will be cropped.

Thanks in advance for your tips and advices.
    Your pictures speaks for you, not your camera.

Default Re: Aspect ratio

By 2:3, i'm going to assume that your picture is shot portrait style.

Either way, don't worry about the aspect ratio: most photo frames conform to 3:2, because that is the ratio found on 35mm film.

Quote Originally Posted by mabmy View Post
    Hi everyone! I have a question for those who have printed their photos before. I am in doubt so i want to ask. If my image size is at 1824 x 2736 and the aspect ratio is 2:3, will there be any cropped parts if i were to print it? i am asking this as my picture looks kind of vertically long.. so i'm afraid that if i print it out, it will be cropped.

Thanks in advance for your tips and advices.
    depends on what paper size you wish to print, if the paper size has same aspect ratio, that won't be any problem,

you can crop it to another aspect ratio if the paper size is differ from 2:3
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Are you printing standard 4R prints in a lab? If it's 4R there's no worry, the aspect ratio is just right. For other sizes (other than the S#R sizes, see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Photo_print_sizes)you will have either a bit of cropping or some black borders. Best to edit/crop your file for the size you want to print first before you bring them to the lab.
    My photos - see just some or all of it =)