Thread: Hi guys.. a noob question

Default Hi guys.. a noob question

Hi Guys,

I am quite new to photography and have bought a Canon EOS 550d few days back.. It may be a very dumb question but I have seen many photographs in forums and many webpages that contain black straps (either at top and bottom or around all four sides). I think this makes the pics quite interesting as our eyes become more attentive to what's lying inside the black area. So, please anyone can help me how do i get these black straps in photos... How to do this in photoshop?

Default Re: Hi guys.. a noob question

It's called frame or border. Freeware tools like Photoscape can help.
    But, since you are new, focus on what's inside the frame (hint: composition). A black border cannot make up for things that went wrong in the picture
    EOS

search for borders and photoshop.

Quote Originally Posted by firearm12 View Post
    Hi Guys,

I am quite new to photography and have bought a Canon EOS 550d few days back.. It may be a very dumb question but I have seen many photographs in forums and many webpages that contain black straps (either at top and bottom or around all four sides). I think this makes the pics quite interesting as our eyes become more attentive to what's lying inside the black area. So, please anyone can help me how do i get these black straps in photos... How to do this in photoshop?
    There is a guide on the main clubsnap homepage on this.
    Alpha

Thanks mates. Yes the composition does matter whats all in a pic .. i was just curious as to how to make it more attractive...

I suppose you mean 'stripes' or something to that effect?

coz this is an example of a black strap

http://www.mtitechclub.org/camera-im...01-16361-a.jpg