Page 1 of 9 1236 ... LastLast

Thread: Newbies need help right?

Default Newbies need help right?

Is it just me or does anyone else feel that the forum is starting to be unfriendly to newbies?
    I see a lot of newbies getting condescending and sarcastic replies sadly from senior members who should know better afterall they were once newbies as well.

I would understand if the information has been discussed elsewhere on the forum so a point in the right direction from senior guys would be justified but I am starting to notice some people getting a high on putting down other people. Like ive said before on this forum if you have nothing positive to add better not to post at all

just my 2 cents...
    D3100

Default Re: Newbies need help right?

Because CS got many self-proclaim, self high teachers, masters and profilic photographers. Must show of force to make people respect them in order to self high.

I eat newbies for bfast nom nom nom.

Is it because they are influenced by the NS army style?
    Kent Wong Photography |Leica Q & Leica M-P 240 | 75 & 28mm Summilux

we only help those who help themselves
    opps.. but sorry i am just a gwc not senior member

Whoever they are, should learn from Bruce Lee - the legendary Kungfu master on how he shared his Kungfu insights, skills, knowledge with open arms to the people all over the world without counting they are Chinese, British, Philippinos or other races. He banished the old tradition of Chinese community whereby the Chinese Kungfu skills can only be transferred among the Chinese. Tht's why he angered many Chinese Kungfu masters in Hongkong and China last time.
    Kent Wong Photography |Leica Q & Leica M-P 240 | 75 & 28mm Summilux

Quote Originally Posted by eleveninth View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Leong23 View Post
    Because CS got many self-proclaim, self high teachers, masters and profilic photographers. Must show of force to make people respect them in order to self high.
    haha its better to rule by love, nt fear & hate
    canon fan boy ;D

basically this forum is a very nice place, most people are very helpful as far as I can see, if everyone do help others like helping themself, everybody will be happy.

2. New Posters (newbies) - Use the Search Engine to find out if whatever information you are seeking has been posted before posting a question.

taken form FAQ, ClubSNAP's Terms of Use, Rules and Regulations

anyway, you can use the report post button to report any abusive post.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by eleveninth View Post
    thanks... you just demonstrated the validity of my point..
    Last edited by wasak2000; 13th January 2011 at 03:29 PM.
    D3100

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    basically this forum is a very nice place, most people are very helpful as far as I can see, if everyone do help others like helping themself, everybody will be happy.

taken form FAQ, ClubSNAP's Terms of Use, Rules and Regulations

anyway, you can use the report post button to report any abusive post.
    noted... thanks mod
    D3100

Quote Originally Posted by Leong23 View Post
    Yeah man! They can come up with new techniques for photography which is to bob your head 3 times in 3 seconds.

Newbie listen to me. I am paying it forward. Not happy don't show your face in my outings you not obedient not welcome.

I am the law and I am give you hard love but is love. I will give cryptic useless comment to self high.

Pls remember the rhythm of odds. Bob bob bob.

Quote Originally Posted by wasak2000
    Is it just me or does anyone else feel that the forum is starting to be unfriendly to newbies?
    I see a lot of newbies getting condescending and sarcastic replies sadly from senior members who should know better afterall they were once newbies as well.

just my 2 cents...
    There is still difference btw trying to help and then giving up and just trying to as you say put others down to be high.

Some ppl shoot one year, basics not there. Own photo only copy. Exposure ok. Composition have to carbon copy at one place. But they want to teach.

Is like the char kway teow store helper see how to chop fishcake then want to teach ppls how to cook the whole dish. Best part is the storeholder himself not good, but he go ard tell pals he earn money. Only he say, all believe!!!!

Must remember if someone bake cakes for living don't mean a thing when it come to cake photography.

Also if the place culture penalize well meaning ppl and just blindly follow self proclaim expert. It will only get worse.

Change begin w yourself. How many ppl here thank ppl who help sincerely?? Problem don't just lie w the answer guys.
    Last edited by edutilos-; 13th January 2011 at 05:33 PM.

Lol, if my primary one kid's teacher only have a education level of primary two and boldly tell me that he fit the job. I confirm ask him go fly kite.

Quote Originally Posted by Leong23
    Lol, if my primary one kid's teacher only have a education level of primary two and boldly tell me that he fit the job. I confirm ask him go fly kite.
    The problem is sometimes only k2 educated.

Quote Originally Posted by wasak2000 View Post
    thanks... you just demonstrated the validity of my point..
    NO problem it's a pleasure

Quote Originally Posted by kentwong81 View Post
    Whoever they are, should learn from Bruce Lee - the legendary Kungfu master on how he shared his Kungfu insights, skills, knowledge with open arms to the people all over the world without counting they are Chinese, British, Philippinos or other races. He banished the old tradition of Chinese community whereby the Chinese Kungfu skills can only be transferred among the Chinese. Tht's why he angered many Chinese Kungfu masters in Hongkong and China last time.
    Not exactly a good example...
    If every time a new enthusiast wants to learn kungfu and each one asks bruce lee to teach horse-stand basics... how do you think he will feel/react?
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

Quote Originally Posted by wasak2000 View Post

I would understand if the information has been discussed elsewhere on the forum so a point in the right direction from senior guys would be justified but I am starting to notice some people getting a high on putting down other people. Like ive said before on this forum if you have nothing positive to add better not to post at all

just my 2 cents...
    it's obvious you are a newbie.
    Believe me, a few years ago, it was much worst. Now it is much tamer because there are more Mods and these Mods are less tolerance.
    There are good and bad points .... Good - people generally are better behave.
    Bad - quality images are lesser, many good shooters don't post here much nowadays (IMHO). That's life!

I may be wrong but it's my personal observation.
    always the Light, .... always.

Quote Originally Posted by CYRN View Post
    Not exactly a good example...
    If every time a new enthusiast wants to learn kungfu and each one asks bruce lee to teach horse-stand basics... how do you think he will feel/react?
    surely he will give them a flying kick.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Page 1 of 9 1236 ... LastLast