Thread: Online posting

Default Online posting

Hi! I would like to check.Why is there an image quality difference between picture posted on facebook vs. photobucket? the pic posted on facebook seemed to be very grainy and noised-ed whereas the pic posted on photobucket is sharp and noise-less,like what i can see from viewing normally.

pic is taken with f3.5,1/60 shutter speed,ISO 200,built in flash. some cropping and contrast adjustment done to the JPEG file from the camera before posting.

i think i am the only one having this prob.any views on this,anyone?

Default Re: Online posting

Facebook is NOT a photography hosting site. It's main purpose is social networking. as such, it will downsample and recompress uploaded images to save bandwidth.

Why do you think you are the only one? A simple search here on CS for "facebook" would have gotten you the answer as well; it's been discussed many times.
    Alpha

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    Facebook is NOT a photography hosting site. It's main purpose is social networking. as such, it will downsample and recompress uploaded images to save bandwidth.

Why do you think you are the only one? A simple search here on CS for "facebook" would have gotten you the answer as well; it's been discussed many times.
    discussed to death too.

image compression is bad on fb

agree on Facebook, but I also don't think Photobucket is SHARP and NOISE-LESS

Exploring! :)