Thread: Aperture 3 priced at US$79.99!!

Default Aperture 3 priced at US$79.99!!

If you are on a Mac and wants to use Aperture 3, you can purchase it through the App Store (you need to upgrade to OS X 10.6.6) at the price of USD79.99 (S$110) vs buying from the store at S$298. Nothing on the App Store or websites indicate any differences in the software...

It's a tremendous savings for those who want to use and buy Aperture 3 as their primary editing tool.

I'm using Lightroom 2 on my Mac....
    Pictures always should have a special story behind it or a special meaning to the photographer.

Default Re: Aperture 3 priced at US$79.99!!

Thanks for the headsup shall try tonight when home! Din know abt this Mac App Store. Seems like iPhoto'11 & imove'11 is at USD14.99 each, so dun have to buy the whole iLife'11 which I dun need.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    If you are on a Mac and wants to use Aperture 3, you can purchase it through the App Store (you need to upgrade to OS X 10.6.6) at the price of USD79.99 (S$110) vs buying from the store at S$298. Nothing on the App Store or websites indicate any differences in the software...

It's a tremendous savings for those who want to use and buy Aperture 3 as their primary editing tool.

I'm using Lightroom 2 on my Mac....
    u should use your Lightroom 2 to buy the upgrade version of Lightroom 3 for $99.

I find aperture 3 very slow when comes to processing raw files... although their skin smoothing feature is not bad (Lightroom 3 has it too but more manual).

Actually the reason Aperture 3 used to seem way slow in any processing was because it actually re-rendered the version file as opposed to Lightroom's method of doing sort of a 'live preview' through the catalogue file. You can argue for aperture by saying that lightroom 'cheats' or for lightroom by saying its an elegant, fast solution. Either way though, Aperture 3 has been optimized to use a method similar to Lightroom in that department. The 3.1.1 that the macstore downloads for you is rather fast. No noticeable difference between Lightroom 3 and Aperture now with image renderings.

Having used both, I must say that as I started off as an iphoto user, I didnt like how my photos were managed in Lightroom, as I couldnt view my photos as collections in a workspace with thumbnails (as opposed to iphoto, the photos being grouped as events, or in aperture, as projects), but could only see the collections in the side panel as text. That was rather irritating for me. Also, I actually like Faces. So for me, I feel that aperture actually has the upper hand in management.

In the end its up to you, please do try the trials for both, and choose whatever floats your boat! Cheers.

Sounds like a good deal! However, it is too late for me as I have already more than 20,000 photos in my Lightroom catalog and I do not relish the thought of redoing all the pictures into Aperture!

However, if there is an export/import function I can consider...

Bought it a few days back and import all my photos from iPhoto to Aperture 3. Great value since I was contemplating to buy it at S$299 just a couple of months ago.