Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 30 of 30

Thread: Is the big shot only for Nikon users

  1. #21
    Senior Member edutilos-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The Universe
    Posts
    5,991

    Default Re: Is the big shot only for Nikon users

    I thought there were some special lenses given if you won some funny thing, or the last episode?

  2. #22

    Default Re: Is the big shot only for Nikon users

    Quote Originally Posted by sfoto100 View Post
    aiya, dun care nikon or not nikon lah... next year we all go and join... nothing to lose!
    Yeah, agree. Since most of us are considered amateurs , it's always
    Good to take part and pick up some exposure if can
    Get past the selection process haha.

    Kiasu attitude is to ask a buddy and teach nikon controls
    First to gain the technicality first ifnon nikon users.Since technical part has
    To be part of you first without thinking. You can then focus
    On getting your shot . Just my 2 cents.

  3. #23

    Default Re: Is the big shot only for Nikon users

    Quote Originally Posted by Tango Wasp View Post
    The tool is not the only thing that makes the picture. There is also one's creativity and one's eye.
    Totally agree but the tool has to be part of u first
    As I once heard Mike said during his seminar.

  4. #24
    Senior Member sinned79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,850

    Default Re: Is the big shot only for Nikon users

    if i did not rem wrongly first episode, i think one of the malay contestant (a bit plump) one got mention he is a canon user... he say he got very limited time to get used to using a canon camera. so he say this is to his disadvantage.

  5. #25

    Default Re: Is the big shot only for Nikon users

    Quote Originally Posted by ed9119 View Post
    Each episode....... everyone is given the SAME model camera and lens combo by Nikon

    Each episode is a different camera starting with 3100 and ending with their flagship camera by last episode
    In the several episodes near the final stage, all of the contestants had used D3s already.

    Still not D3x, not yet a flagship
    NIKON D90 (2008-2010), D700 (2010-2012), D800 (2012-2014), DF (Dec 2013-Sep 2017)

  6. #26

    Default Re: Is the big shot only for Nikon users

    Quote Originally Posted by jeff7id View Post
    In the several episodes near the final stage, all of the contestants had used D3s already.

    Still not D3x, not yet a flagship
    If next year, they can launch a new flagship model on the show at the same time haha

  7. #27

    Default Re: Is the big shot only for Nikon users

    Nikon/other brands users can join Canon photomarathon.
    So with Canon/other brands users, can participate in the Big Shot competition.

    Note that during the competition, all contentants must use the same Nikon camera body. Start from D3100, D300s, and D3s in the several episodes near the final stage.

    So all participants must get used to Nikon DSLR bodies
    NIKON D90 (2008-2010), D700 (2010-2012), D800 (2012-2014), DF (Dec 2013-Sep 2017)

  8. #28
    Member agws1970's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    North East Singapore
    Posts
    365

    Default Re: Is the big shot only for Nikon users

    Quote Originally Posted by hlyeoh View Post
    Saw the big shot today and notice all users are Nikon, should't a competition be for
    All photographers which ever make? And no bias to makes although I understand Nikon
    Is sponsor. Your views
    Put yourself in Nikon A&P head's shoes for a second. You spend your budget sponsoring a show and you allow other cameras on the show with the free publicity for them, very soon you will be looking for a job elsewhere right?
    Anyway, the objective is very simple, shoe the world that any photographer can use the range of cameras from Nikon to produce very good if not world class images and if another brand's user wins, can state that "Well our cameras are so user friendly that almost anyone can master them." Easiest way to gain publicity with the money spent, don;t you think?

  9. #29

    Default Re: Is the big shot only for Nikon users

    Quote Originally Posted by agws1970 View Post
    Put yourself in Nikon A&P head's shoes for a second. You spend your budget sponsoring a show and you allow other cameras on the show with the free publicity for them, very soon you will be looking for a job elsewhere right?
    Anyway, the objective is very simple, shoe the world that any photographer can use the range of cameras from Nikon to produce very good if not world class images and if another brand's user wins, can state that "Well our cameras are so user friendly that almost anyone can master them." Easiest way to gain publicity with the money spent, don;t you think?
    Well, i am thinking more in the direction of Natgeo. More neutral towards gear and hopefully score a number of sponsors for the show as well. It should emphasize more on the shots and at the same time more publicity to nat geo and various camera makes. Just idealistic thoughts i guess

  10. #30
    Member agws1970's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    North East Singapore
    Posts
    365

    Default Re: Is the big shot only for Nikon users

    Quote Originally Posted by hlyeoh View Post
    Well, i am thinking more in the direction of Natgeo. More neutral towards gear and hopefully score a number of sponsors for the show as well. It should emphasize more on the shots and at the same time more publicity to nat geo and various camera makes. Just idealistic thoughts i guess
    Its the way that advertising works. Idealism usually takes a back seat to dollars and cents. Take cooking shows that has contestants using a particular brand of sauces and condiments, same principles.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •