Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Sirui tripod

Default Re: Sirui tripod

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Nong hao . I lived in shanghai but travel all around china. Whereabouts in shanghai are you? My place is close to xujiahui.

Any way best place in shanghai for cam stuff is at Xingguang (starlight) at the junction of XieTu Lu and LuBan Lu. You can get there via metro line 4 LuBan road station. Take exit 1 at the station turn left and walk along the Lu ban road (along the north south elevated highway) for a couple hundred meters and you can see starlight camera mall. Level 1 is cameras and lenses. Level 2 is accessories. Level 3 is used cameras and lenses. Level 4 is studio and lighting equipment.

For studio stuff like muslin backdrops and wedding studio stuff and services, you can find more in Suzhou where the hub for wedding products is.

Hope this helps.
    Haha Nong Ho Nong Ho

I am in Pudong side, work place is at JinQiao Biyun Area

Staying near Big Thumb Plaza area

I am still a newbie in Fotography, so thinking of getting major gear in HK for the up coming trip, accessories or things that I find I need later, I suppose I will get in Shanghai

How about this place opposite the Shanghai Train station ?

Thanx dude, let's stay in touch!

Really depends on what gear. Some are cheaper in china some are cheaper in hk.

You should plan your purchases by looking at price guides online.

Hk www.price.com.hk
    China http://detail.zol.com.cn/lens_index/...68_list_1.html
    Thanx bro

I will bookmark and do my research.

I have also looked at CS Tan thread

Do you have a fav shop in HK? Which Shing? Echo?

Thanx again

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by drsubaru

Haha Nong Ho Nong Ho

I am in Pudong side, work place is at JinQiao Biyun Area

Staying near Big Thumb Plaza area

I am still a newbie in Fotography, so thinking of getting major gear in HK for the up coming trip, accessories or things that I find I need later, I suppose I will get in Shanghai

How about this place opposite the Shanghai Train station ?

Thanx dude, let's stay in touch!
    Big thumb. Waa nice area. The jap buffet there was very nice. But that was back in 2008. I hang out mostly in old shanghai in puxi.

The camera mall at sh railway station is called HuanLong. I don't like it there because traffic and crowds there is just horrendous, esp with buyecheng handphone wholesale mall there as well as the railway station. If you go there do check out Orient photo's china HQ there at level 3 also. It is called Dong Fang (orient in chinese).

Blog Entries

Thanx bro

I will bookmark and do my research.

I have also looked at CS Tan thread

Do you have a fav shop in HK? Which Shing? Echo?

Thanx again
    I seldom buy in hk. Most of my trips I pass through Macau. But cameras and lenses are cheaper in hk. I will usually check the price guides and call in and hit the store direct.

For shanghai, I have a few different sellers for different things i am very familiar with. Some times they deliver to me foc. Sometimes they give me stuff foc also, now that a few of them are good friends now. Some even attended my wedding back in the day.

Big thumb. Waa nice area. The jap buffet there was very nice. But that was back in 2008. I hang out mostly in old shanghai in puxi.

The camera mall at sh railway station is called HuanLong. I don't like it there because traffic and crowds there is just horrendous, esp with buyecheng handphone wholesale mall there as well as the railway station. If you go there do check out Orient photo's china HQ there at level 3 also. It is called Dong Fang (orient in chinese).

Yupe, my frens always tell me why you stay in Pudong? Too clean and sanitised! No character at all like Puxi

Anyway thanx for the tips, they are enuff to get me started

Cheers!

Yupe, my frens always tell me why you stay in Pudong? Too clean and sanitised! No character at all like Puxi

Anyway thanx for the tips, they are enuff to get me started

Cheers!
    Just popped over at TK earlier to feel the tripods again today. Felt the weight and looked at the statistics of each of it. Didn't ask if the T-series has arrived yet cos not intending to buy today and most probably getting N-series.

Can I ask you guys, is the 5 section made becos it can be kept at a shorter length when not in use compared to the 4 section? and becos it can be extended higher when in use?

Quote Originally Posted by gohjialong

Just popped over at TK earlier to feel the tripods again today. Felt the weight and looked at the statistics of each of it. Didn't ask if the T-series has arrived yet cos not intending to buy today and most probably getting N-series.

Can I ask you guys, is the 5 section made becos it can be kept at a shorter length when not in use compared to the 4 section? and becos it can be extended higher when in use?
    Yes, the 5 section tripods are targeted mainly towards those who are travelling compact as it is shorter in length when not deployed. I know of someone who can keep his 5 section sirui tripod in his crumpler slingbag.

Just to clear the air.

Sirui comes from a factory in Zhongshan, Guangdong, China. I personally visited the factory and met the boss, who is an enterprising businessman from Hunan (he still can't speak Cantonese after so many years in Guangdong). And no, Sirui and Benro are NOT related.

When I was at the factory, I saw them "reverse-engineering" a certain Korean ballhead. These folks are serious about "replicating" product quality.

BTW Sirui is price-controlled across China and only slightly cheaper by around S$50 or thereabouts (depending on which model). I asked the China boss why it cannot be much cheaper in China - he said its because he spends a lot on advertising in China so he needs to recoup his costs. So u can buy confidently at TK.

I have been using the T-1004 (now replaced by T1004X) model, bought at a time when no one ever heard of Sirui, until now. I might get another CF tripod soon. The first thing I did when I bought the T-1004 was throw away the b/h and replace it with a Markins Q3t. But I hear China technology with regards to b/h is also improving by leaps and bounds.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by astroboy View Post
    Just to clear the air.

Sirui comes from a factory in Zhongshan, Guangdong, China. I personally visited the factory and met the boss, who is an enterprising businessman from Hunan (he still can't speak Cantonese after so many years in Guangdong). And no, Sirui and Benro are NOT related.

When I was at the factory, I saw them "reverse-engineering" a certain Korean ballhead. These folks are serious about "replicating" product quality.

BTW Sirui is price-controlled across China and only slightly cheaper by around S$50 or thereabouts (depending on which model). I asked the China boss why it cannot be much cheaper in China - he said its because he spends a lot on advertising in China so he needs to recoup his costs. So u can buy confidently at TK.

I have been using the T-1004 (now replaced by T1004X) model, bought at a time when no one ever heard of Sirui, until now. I might get another CF tripod soon. The first thing I did when I bought the T-1004 was throw away the b/h and replace it with a Markins Q3t. But I hear China technology with regards to b/h is also improving by leaps and bounds.
    Thanks for sharing Sirui with the community in the other forum.

I think it is by your introduction that Sirui became a hit in Singapore and malaysia.

I think it is by your introduction that Sirui became a hit in Singapore and malaysia.
    Thanks @astroboy for sharing. I bought a used set from my friend and was surprised by the quality. It is not exactly fantastic but it is not bad either. In Engineering point of view, the tolerances are quite exact with little or no play between the components. If you look carefully, corners are cut where it does not affect performance so that overall it can still be as light as possible.
    Dreamz is the Alternate Realty | Stand Up and Be Counted

Quote Originally Posted by gohjialong View Post

5 section tripods are generally more compact when folded.. hmm.. but extended higher when deployed?? don't think so.. the 4 sections ones can be extended higher if i'm not wrong..

BTW, the T series are back in stock
    Canon 550D | EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6IS | EF 50mm f/1.8II |
    My Humble Flickr

5 sect tripod compared to 4 sect, all other thing equal, will be less stable. Same for less sect. Of course , more compact lor. I would not use anything having more than 3 sect.

So far, I am very happy with the Sirui T1204 + K10 set I bought from TK, good quality, light weight and very value for money.
    D700 * 70-200 F/2.8 VRII * 24-120 F/4 * 50 F/1.4G * SB900
    你敬我一尺,我尊你一丈.

You guys are most welcome. When I first "suggested" that Sirui could be a cheap alternative (note that I said "cheap alternative" and not "replacement") to Gitzo, I came under a lot of flak - including some negative comments from sole distributors of the other China brands. My post in the other forum had to be "cleaned" and "locked" to prevent further nonsense. When I first showed James/TK my Sirui, he was also "not convinced" initially. As things turned out, TK eventually became the sole distributor for SG/MY and I'm glad they took up the distributorship and not someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by hotwork77 View Post
    Thanks @astroboy for sharing. I bought a used set from my friend and was surprised by the quality. It is not exactly fantastic but it is not bad either. In Engineering point of view, the tolerances are quite exact with little or no play between the components. If you look carefully, corners are cut where it does not affect performance so that overall it can still be as light as possible.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by astroboy View Post
    You guys are most welcome. When I first "suggested" that Sirui could be a cheap alternative (note that I said "cheap alternative" and not "replacement") to Gitzo, I came under a lot of flak - including some negative comments from sole distributors of the other China brands. My post in the other forum had to be "cleaned" and "locked" to prevent further nonsense. When I first showed James/TK my Sirui, he was also "not convinced" initially. As things turned out, TK eventually became the sole distributor for SG/MY and I'm glad they took up the distributorship and not someone else.
    When I first saw Sirui in China, I was quite impressed. But it was more expensive than the pricings now.

Yes I saw the flak you got there. But in the end it is all worth it I think, that the rest of us get to enjoy the fruits of your labor.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345