Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 95

Thread: Sirui tripod

  1. #1

    Default Sirui tripod

    Hi, planning to get a sirui tripod from TK by this month. My manfrotto 190B is way too bulky and i want a lighter to lug around tripod. My budget would be $300-$400 and hopefully i can get a CF one. I using sirui's G-20 ballhead.

    I just wanna ask if you guys would help me by answering some questions.

    1)Sirui good enough right?
    2)Which model recommended? (prefer lighter one)
    3)3 section or 4 section better cos i think 3 section faster to assemble.
    4)Present users maybe can update some info of your tripod and give some reviews?
    5)Seriously i kinda think that flip lock ones are faster to assemble. what do you guys think?

    Thanks very much.
    Last edited by gohjialong; 11th January 2011 at 06:43 PM.

  2. #2
    Member kwttan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Concrete jungle
    Posts
    845

    Default Re: Sirui tripod

    Quote Originally Posted by gohjialong View Post
    Hi, planning to get a sirui tripod from TK by this month. My manfrotto 190B is way too bulky and i want a lighter to lug around tripod. My budget would be $300-$400 and hopefully i can get a CF one. I using sirui's G-20 ballhead.

    I just wanna ask if you guys would help me by answering some questions.

    1)Sirui good enough right?
    2)Which model recommended? (prefer lighter one)
    3)3 section or 4 section better cos i think 3 section faster to assemble.
    4)Present users maybe can update some info of your tripod and give some reviews?

    Thanks very much.
    (1) Refer to this link and decide for yourself
    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=807211

    (2) Depends on your height preference. Below are spec for CF sirui tripod:

    Sections Max D mm Min D mm Min H mm Max H mm Max H mm Wied H mm Folded mm Max H mm (mono) Min H mm (mono) Weight kg Max Load kg
    R-1204 4 25 16 350 1310 1560 500 / / / 0.9 (1.2) 10
    T-1204 4 25 16 135 1150 1400 465 400 / / 0.8 (1.1) 10
    N-1204 4 25 16 160 1320 1560 510 440 1320 420 1 (1.2) 12

    Price wise, refer to http://www.facebook.com/#!/tkfoto?v=app_6009294086

    (3) Go for 4 section (above all are 4-section tripod). How much time you can save with 1 section less?

    (4) Search google or CS forum for the info. Or refer to (1) thread.

    Have finished the homework for you. Bcos this was the homework I did before I bought the T1204 + K10 combi set.
    D700 * 70-200 F/2.8 VRII * 24-120 F/4 * 50 F/1.4G * SB900
    你敬我一尺,我尊你一丈.

  3. #3
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    7,061

    Default Re: Sirui tripod

    Quote Originally Posted by gohjialong View Post
    Hi, planning to get a sirui tripod from TK by this month. My manfrotto 190B is way too bulky and i want a lighter to lug around tripod. My budget would be $300-$400 and hopefully i can get a CF one. I using sirui's G-20 ballhead.

    I just wanna ask if you guys would help me by answering some questions.

    1)Sirui good enough right?
    2)Which model recommended? (prefer lighter one)
    3)3 section or 4 section better cos i think 3 section faster to assemble.
    4)Present users maybe can update some info of your tripod and give some reviews?
    5)Seriously i kinda think that flip lock ones are faster to assemble. what do you guys think?

    Thanks very much.
    1)Yes

    2)This is personal.1kg might be heavy to me but 1kg might be light to you so please do your own homework...

    3)Does Sirui even have 3 section tripods?

    4)Please go and search for 'Sirui' and you'll find out how useful the search function is

    5)Twist ones are faster IMO

  4. #4

    Default Re: Sirui tripod

    yeah i know sirui doesnt have 3 sections. i think i meant 4 or 5 sections haha. been looking at sirui website the whole day and analysing. will do so when more comments come in and decide i guess.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Sirui tripod

    Quote Originally Posted by gohjialong View Post
    yeah i know sirui doesnt have 3 sections. i think i meant 4 or 5 sections haha. been looking at sirui website the whole day and analysing. will do so when more comments come in and decide i guess.
    Just head down to TK ..

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ismokeweed79

    Just head down to TK ..
    I went down 2 times to molest the tripods already... But always feel pressurized to buy and everytime they ask if I need any help I would just say just looking around.

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gohjialong

    I went down 2 times to molest the tripods already... But always feel pressurized to buy and everytime they ask if I need any help I would just say just looking around.
    Feel free to ask the ppl in TK. I find them actually quite friendly.

  8. #8
    Moderator Francis247's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Hougang, Punggol
    Posts
    6,627

    Default Re: Sirui tripod

    Quote Originally Posted by gohjialong View Post
    I went down 2 times to molest the tripods already... But always feel pressurized to buy and everytime they ask if I need any help I would just say just looking around.
    Don't be shy if you need help or advice.
    Once a while, I will be down there to help out and advise people who are buying tripod because I am offering my comment from an user point of view.
    莫问前程有愧,只求今生无悔. Time pasts, Places changed, Beauty faded, what is left are Photos of Memories…

  9. #9

    Default Re: Sirui tripod

    But its because i dont have the intention to buy on the spot thats why abit shy to enter the shop and keep touching them haha.

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    741

    Default Re: Sirui tripod

    Quote Originally Posted by gohjialong View Post
    I went down 2 times to molest the tripods already... But always feel pressurized to buy and everytime they ask if I need any help I would just say just looking around.
    The people at TK can show you anything you want and let you try the tripod even if you are not buying. Won't pressurise you to buy. I know coz after showing me the tripod for 5mins and I said I wanted to buy, the saleman there was like quite suprised. So probably didn't demo the tripod with intention of making sales, but more like chit-chat.

    Since you are looking for a light one, just grab the T1204x. Save money for better ballhead.

    I have been using my t2204x for 6months now. Haven't had any real issue with it, except for the not so smooth spike feet.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Sirui tripod

    Quote Originally Posted by NewbieInCS View Post
    The people at TK can show you anything you want and let you try the tripod even if you are not buying. Won't pressurise you to buy. I know coz after showing me the tripod for 5mins and I said I wanted to buy, the saleman there was like quite suprised. So probably didn't demo the tripod with intention of making sales, but more like chit-chat.

    Since you are looking for a light one, just grab the T1204x. Save money for better ballhead.

    I have been using my t2204x for 6months now. Haven't had any real issue with it, except for the not so smooth spike feet.
    I see... becos i dont really know how well and patient the pple would be as im still considered young (ok la not very young) so just dont want those working adults to think 'what am i doing here' lol. just have the thought la.

    anyway i was thinking of getting the N series , pay $50 more get free monopod haha.

  12. #12

    Default Re: Sirui tripod

    Anyone knows if HK side sells SIRUI?

    And what is the increasing interest in this brand? Value for money?

    Thanx in advanced!

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Teck Whye
    Posts
    964

    Default Re: Sirui tripod

    From what I've read in CS on tripods, no one has claimed that he/she has got a tripod the first time right. So, my suggestion is for you to buy one with whatever specifications you have in mind presently, use it for one to two months and if it is not right, sell it in B&S section and get another one. If you keep the original box and do not have a single scratch, the most you will lose is about 10% to 15% of the original price.
    I'm speaking from experience because I am using my third sirui tripod for 7 months now after two months each on the previous two, and so far I'm quite happy with this third unit. I disposed of my two previous siruis after 2 months each because one was too low in Max height and the other was not low enough in Min height.
    Cheers.
    LEW

  14. #14

    Default Re: Sirui tripod

    Quote Originally Posted by SHLEW View Post
    From what I've read in CS on tripods, no one has claimed that he/she has got a tripod the first time right. So, my suggestion is for you to buy one with whatever specifications you have in mind presently, use it for one to two months and if it is not right, sell it in B&S section and get another one. If you keep the original box and do not have a single scratch, the most you will lose is about 10% to 15% of the original price.
    I'm speaking from experience because I am using my third sirui tripod for 7 months now after two months each on the previous two, and so far I'm quite happy with this third unit. I disposed of my two previous siruis after 2 months each because one was too low in Max height and the other was not low enough in Min height.
    Cheers.
    LEW
    Thanks for this advice , but i would just like to ask , the previous 2 , you just sold off in B&S section like that? So good response haha.

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Teck Whye
    Posts
    964

    Default Re: Sirui tripod

    Quote Originally Posted by gohjialong View Post
    Thanks for this advice , but i would just like to ask , the previous 2 , you just sold off in B&S section like that? So good response haha.
    Sirui is becoming quite popular nowadays, so its quite easy to sell.
    My present unit, a Sirui N2204 ($500.00), although carbon-fibre, can be quite heavy after walking with it for long distances. So for travelling on holidays, I carry my other lighter 2nd tripod - Slick Sprint Pro II GM that I bought for $90.00 in CS B&S section. I find that having two tripods to be a better option as no single tripod can give all the specs to satisfy a user.
    Cheers.
    LEW

  16. #16
    Senior Member sinned79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,859

    Default Re: Sirui tripod

    i am using T1204...

  17. #17

    Default Re: Sirui tripod

    Quote Originally Posted by SHLEW View Post
    Sirui is becoming quite popular nowadays, so its quite easy to sell.
    My present unit, a Sirui N2204 ($500.00), although carbon-fibre, can be quite heavy after walking with it for long distances. So for travelling on holidays, I carry my other lighter 2nd tripod - Slick Sprint Pro II GM that I bought for $90.00 in CS B&S section. I find that having two tripods to be a better option as no single tripod can give all the specs to satisfy a user.
    Cheers.
    LEW
    Ok looks like i'll be making a trip down to TK to take a look and feel the weight, otherwise i'll get a lighter one. Thanks for the helpful advice man. i was looking for such advice anyway haha.

  18. #18
    Moderator Francis247's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Hougang, Punggol
    Posts
    6,627

    Default Re: Sirui tripod

    Just for your info, TK Foto closes at 6pm tonight (12/01/2011) because of company function.
    莫问前程有愧,只求今生无悔. Time pasts, Places changed, Beauty faded, what is left are Photos of Memories…

  19. #19
    Moderator Francis247's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Hougang, Punggol
    Posts
    6,627

    Default Re: Sirui tripod

    Quote Originally Posted by gohjialong View Post
    But its because i dont have the intention to buy on the spot thats why abit shy to enter the shop and keep touching them haha.
    I think no harm trying.
    As consumer, we wanted to feel confident about the products we are buying.
    My motto is, "Buy with confidence".
    莫问前程有愧,只求今生无悔. Time pasts, Places changed, Beauty faded, what is left are Photos of Memories…

  20. #20

    Default Re: Sirui tripod

    Quote Originally Posted by Francis247 View Post
    Just for your info, TK Foto closes at 6pm tonight (12/01/2011) because of company function.
    Oh i see, thanks for the info bro.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •