Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 25 of 25

Thread: [GRbenji #03] Macro @ Chestnut Cycling Trail on 22 Jan 2011 (Discussions0

  1. #21

    Default Re: [GRbenji #03] Macro @ Chestnut Cycling Trail on 22 Jan 2011 (Discussions0

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanavon View Post
    You're welcome. Btw, do you find the Raynox easy to use? Does the magnification makes it more difficult to shoot hand-held? What's the limitation compared to a macro lens?
    Raynox remove the lens ability to focus to infinity, hence only have a very short working distance. Using raynox 250 with your tamron 18-200 can give you more than 1:1 on the tele end.

    Quite a few in the outing have experience with raynox, all you need is to ask.

  2. #22
    Member crystal1993's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Japan, Tokyo
    Posts
    1,049

    Default Re: [GRbenji #03] Macro @ Chestnut Cycling Trail on 22 Jan 2011 (Discussions0

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanavon View Post
    You're welcome. Btw, do you find the Raynox easy to use? Does the magnification makes it more difficult to shoot hand-held? What's the limitation compared to a macro lens?
    In a way i will say it's ok but not great. If you're going for the outing i can explain in detail or even better yet, show you.

    There are also a few others using a raynox, you can ask them as well.

  3. #23
    Member iguanavon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Shimonoseki
    Posts
    520

    Default Re: [GRbenji #03] Macro @ Chestnut Cycling Trail on 22 Jan 2011 (Discussions0

    Quote Originally Posted by GRbenji View Post
    Raynox remove the lens ability to focus to infinity, hence only have a very short working distance. Using raynox 250 with your tamron 18-200 can give you more than 1:1 on the tele end.

    Quite a few in the outing have experience with raynox, all you need is to ask.
    Quote Originally Posted by crystal1993 View Post
    In a way i will say it's ok but not great. If you're going for the outing i can explain in detail or even better yet, show you.

    There are also a few others using a raynox, you can ask them as well.
    Thanks bro GRbenji and sis Crystal, please enlighten me on how to use it properly for macro photography this sat. Don't want to scare away the little creatures...

    By the way, I've gotten my raynox yesterday. Tested it out with my tamron@200mm focal length and it's astonishing! Can see dust in between the grooves of my finger print! (Pardon me for being amused by such little things ah )

    @200mm focal length I can say it's quite difficult to get a sharp image on the area I want due to hand shake. But I guess the satisfaction of being able to obtain sharp, detailed image is worth it, lol.

  4. #24

    Default Re: [GRbenji #03] Macro @ Chestnut Cycling Trail on 22 Jan 2011 (Discussions0

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanavon View Post
    Thanks bro GRbenji and sis Crystal, please enlighten me on how to use it properly for macro photography this sat. Don't want to scare away the little creatures...

    By the way, I've gotten my raynox yesterday. Tested it out with my tamron@200mm focal length and it's astonishing! Can see dust in between the grooves of my finger print! (Pardon me for being amused by such little things ah )

    @200mm focal length I can say it's quite difficult to get a sharp image on the area I want due to hand shake. But I guess the satisfaction of being able to obtain sharp, detailed image is worth it, lol.
    Hi Avon,

    You don't have to use till the 200mm end. With your raynox 250, a +8 diopter, at 125mm focal length will give you 1:1 magnification. You can try zoom in/out to get the magnification you want. At the tele end, pic may be soft.

    Take note and set your shutter speed faster than (1/focal length) to reduce blurr due to handshake. And also master holding and breathing techniques.
    Last edited by GRbenji; 19th January 2011 at 12:00 AM.

  5. #25
    Member iguanavon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Shimonoseki
    Posts
    520

    Default Re: [GRbenji #03] Macro @ Chestnut Cycling Trail on 22 Jan 2011 (Discussions0

    Quote Originally Posted by GRbenji View Post
    Hi Avon,

    You don't have to use till the 200mm end. With your raynox 250, a +8 diopter, at 125mm focal length will give you 1:1 magnification. You can try zoom in/out to get the magnification you want. At the tele end, pic may be soft.

    Take note and set your shutter speed faster than (1/focal length) to reduce blurr due to handshake. And also master holding and breathing techniques.
    Thanks for the equipment and shutter speed technique! As for the breathing techniques, trained in army liao, lol Hopefully it's the same as what you want to teach me.

    Today, I chanced upon a thread where a fellow CSer mentioned that it helps to put the AF to continuous mode to achieve sharp IQ. Will put all these knowledge to good use this Saturday!

    Once again, gam sia for the advices! Hope to learn more!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •