Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 31 of 31

Thread: LX5 or GF2. Which to get? Any advise.

  1. #21

    Default Re: LX5 or GF2. Which to get? Any advise.

    Quote Originally Posted by jungle_sg View Post
    GF2 only S$300, where can i buy at that price???

    or u meant to say 300 more?
    If it's either a LX5 or GF2, and if you have $300 MORE to spare, his advice was to go for a GF2.

    So, what do you think he meant?
    Last edited by mauler; 18th January 2011 at 07:46 AM.

  2. #22

    Default Re: LX5 or GF2. Which to get? Any advise.

    yeah, how we wish LX5 cost 300 only, i am a LX3 owner, just got a LX5 for my wife, now my daughter uses my LX3

    Quote Originally Posted by mauler View Post
    If it's either a LX5 or GF2, and if you have $300 MORE to spare, his advice was to go for a GF2.

    So, what do you think he meant?
    E-M10, E-PL1, 40mm-150mm, 9-18mm, Pentax c-mount 25mm, LX 5, Pentax Super Takumar 50mm, 45mm

  3. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Clementi
    Posts
    50

    Default

    serious speaking, you guys tries the GF2??? cause personally I prefer the GF1 interms of easy use. I tries using both and GF1 is more easy menuable throughout the settings then GF2's touch screen.

    while the spec wise, GF2 is better in video then GF1.

  4. #24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hitokiri84
    serious speaking, you guys tries the GF2??? cause personally I prefer the GF1 interms of easy use. I tries using both and GF1 is more easy menuable throughout the settings then GF2's touch screen.

    while the spec wise, GF2 is better in video then GF1.
    I went from GF1 to GF2.

    Really once you get used to it... There's little difference. I can change settings just as fast now. you're probably more used to the GF1 now that's why.

    In some cases like setting autofocus points, GF2 is faster still, because it's tap to focus like iPhone!

    I would say it's personal pref but also going down to be a little more open minded. A lot of photographers have noted just how well panasonic has refined the touchscreen interface. Once you've set up The short cuts, it's a breeze.
    5D3|5D2| XE-1|R3A| flickr | shane.design.photo

  5. #25
    Member motionstills's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Middle East SG
    Posts
    1,749

    Default Re: LX5 or GF2. Which to get? Any advise.

    agree, just got a GF2 too, like the touch interface after using it for a while, only problem for me is it doesn't have a remote release like GF1, shooting in bulb mode now is challenging.

  6. #26

    Default Re: LX5 or GF2. Which to get? Any advise.

    Quote Originally Posted by motionstills View Post
    agree, just got a GF2 too, like the touch interface after using it for a while, only problem for me is it doesn't have a remote release like GF1, shooting in bulb mode now is challenging.
    Agreed. That was indeed a genuine omission on Panasonic’s part. Here’s to hoping there’s a firmware update that allows some work around like via USB.

    In the mean while I have my Canon 7D for bulb stuff whew
    5D3|5D2| XE-1|R3A| flickr | shane.design.photo

  7. #27

    Default

    For what it's worth, it was after reading your review that I gave up on the GF2. Much prefer a dial for now, maybe 2-3 iterations down I might go for it. For now I'll live with GF1. Sold the body without touching it but kept the 14mm.

  8. #28

    Default Re: LX5 or GF2. Which to get? Any advise.

    Quote Originally Posted by diediealsomustdive View Post
    For what it's worth, it was after reading your review that I gave up on the GF2. Much prefer a dial for now, maybe 2-3 iterations down I might go for it. For now I'll live with GF1. Sold the body without touching it but kept the 14mm.
    Great! It’s personal preference, I’m glad I helped you reach a decision.

    The 14mm is a great lens. Here’s one photographer’s experience with it! http://craigmod.com/journal/14mm/
    5D3|5D2| XE-1|R3A| flickr | shane.design.photo

  9. #29

    Default Re: LX5 or GF2. Which to get? Any advise.

    Quote Originally Posted by ShaneKua View Post
    Great! It’s personal preference, I’m glad I helped you reach a decision.

    The 14mm is a great lens. Here’s one photographer’s experience with it! http://craigmod.com/journal/14mm/
    A word of thanks for an excellent write-up on your part. Two points that had me wavering - better colour and full HD video of GF2. But decided to live with the current setup.

    Ya, I saw his write-up earlier, but much preferred his Himalayan hike write-up with the 20mm.

    Currently still favour the 20mm more than the 14mm. Oh did I say I also sold my 14-45? Now living with only 20mm and 14mm, plus another recently acquired adapter to mount my Nikon stuff on the Panny. Likely to limit it to a 50mm f/1.8 (looking for an AiS version) or f/2 (I have this). Compact 3 lens setup all fast lenses - hope to see a lot of actions that otherwise will be missed.

  10. #30
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Clementi
    Posts
    50

    Default

    actually I'm a D90 user here, looking into GF1 & 2 for a friend of mine. just tried playing with the GF2 yesterday. Indeed it a Gem, know what I love most about the GF series? it the lens, it's using the micro 4 third lens. Enabling us to use NORTON's f0.95 lens

  11. #31

    Default Re: LX5 or GF2. Which to get? Any advise.

    Quote Originally Posted by ShaneKua View Post
    I went from GF1 to GF2.

    Really once you get used to it... There's little difference. I can change settings just as fast now. you're probably more used to the GF1 now that's why.

    In some cases like setting autofocus points, GF2 is faster still, because it's tap to focus like iPhone!

    I would say it's personal pref but also going down to be a little more open minded. A lot of photographers have noted just how well panasonic has refined the touchscreen interface. Once you've set up The short cuts, it's a breeze.
    I click LIKE.
    D810|24-70f2.8|50f1.4|GH3|EM-5|12-35f2.8|35-100f2.8|7.5f3.5|25F1.4
    my flickr

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •