Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Palembang - 22nd 25th January

  1. #1

    Default Palembang - 22nd 25th January

    Halo Everyone,

    I'll be in Palembang from 22nd -25th January.
    Wondering if anyone could give me some ideas of where to go?
    Interesting location for shooting?
    Best if I could have some CS snappers over there to go around together!
    Please contact me....
    Rgds
    Kenny
    +65 90 283 287

  2. #2

    Default Re: Palembang - 22nd 25th January

    Oh NO....
    No friends in palembang???

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Commonwealth
    Posts
    282

    Default Re: Palembang - 22nd 25th January

    Hi,
    I lived there for 19 years. To be honest, in the city itself, there is no attraction. You can try Ampera Bridge (Jembatan Ampera)~ preferable at night and hopefully all lights are working, Kemarau Island (Pulau Kemarau)~ a little island in the middle of Musi River (Sungai Musi), we have a fountain in city center. That is all that I can remember (or to be precised, something that might interest me)

    Anyway, if you do not mind, you are there for personal matter or bussiness?

  4. #4

    Default Re: Palembang - 22nd 25th January

    Palembang , best for makan

    Remember to eat "pempek-pempek" ( do not pronounce it wrongly )

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Commonwealth
    Posts
    282

    Default Re: Palembang - 22nd 25th January

    Quote Originally Posted by LightCapturer View Post
    Palembang , best for makan

    Remember to eat "pempek-pempek" ( do not pronounce it wrongly )
    Well I love "pempek" not "pempek-pempek', or sometimes we called it "empek-empek"

    Palembang also offer many other food choices, most of them are fish-based food.

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HuguKYM

    Well I love "pempek" not "pempek-pempek', or sometimes we called it "empek-empek"

    Palembang also offer many other food choices, most of them are fish-based food.
    Well my bad

  7. #7

    Default Re: Palembang - 22nd 25th January

    Sidetrack a bit...

    Must also try:

    chicken pop & orpor at Pagi Sore (pardon me if my spelling's wrong)
    murtabak tambi (roti prata with 2 duck eggs)
    Otak
    Model
    lempur
    kemplang
    murtabak bangka

    yum yum
    hasta la justicia siempre

  8. #8

    Default Re: Palembang - 22nd 25th January

    Try to take pix of Bukit Saguntang for me. According to the Malay Annals (Sejarah melayu), this is where the history of the malays began.

    There's also an ancient Buddhist stupa dating back to Srivijaya times (11th century?).

    I've never been there, and would love to join you if your travel dates are convenient for me.
    Last edited by rahmansaid; 19th January 2011 at 08:54 PM.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Palembang - 22nd 25th January

    Quote Originally Posted by HuguKYM View Post
    Hi,
    I lived there for 19 years. To be honest, in the city itself, there is no attraction. You can try Ampera Bridge (Jembatan Ampera)~ preferable at night and hopefully all lights are working, Kemarau Island (Pulau Kemarau)~ a little island in the middle of Musi River (Sungai Musi), we have a fountain in city center. That is all that I can remember (or to be precised, something that might interest me)

    Anyway, if you do not mind, you are there for personal matter or bussiness?
    Hi Hugu, I'm there for business and since Silkair only goes there on Sat & return on Tues, got no choice. Hopefully i'll do some street shots.


    Quote Originally Posted by HuguKYM View Post
    Well I love "pempek" not "pempek-pempek', or sometimes we called it "empek-empek"

    Palembang also offer many other food choices, most of them are fish-based food.
    Yeap, the Pempek is wonderful especially those with egg in-btw. Want me to bring some home for you?

  10. #10

    Default Re: Palembang - 22nd 25th January

    Quote Originally Posted by LightCapturer View Post
    Palembang , best for makan

    Remember to eat "pempek-pempek" ( do not pronounce it wrongly )
    Quote Originally Posted by cmeptb72 View Post
    Sidetrack a bit...

    Must also try:

    chicken pop & orpor at Pagi Sore (pardon me if my spelling's wrong)
    murtabak tambi (roti prata with 2 duck eggs)
    Otak
    Model
    lempur
    kemplang
    murtabak bangka

    yum yum
    So you guys do know of the nice food stuffs there...

  11. #11

    Default Re: Palembang - 22nd 25th January

    Quote Originally Posted by rahmansaid View Post
    Try to take pix of Bukit Saguntang for me. According to the Malay Annals (Sejarah melayu), this is where the history of the malays began.

    There's also an ancient Buddhist stupa dating back to Srivijaya times (11th century?).

    I've never been there, and would love to join you if your travel dates are convenient for me.
    Hi Rahman, you are right, Bukit Sauntang is also on my to-do list, gonna check it out on Sat/Sun morning..

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •