Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nikon Out of warranty servicing cost...

Default Re: Nikon Out of warranty servicing cost...

Quote Originally Posted by AAljunied View Post
    Send in EFS 17-85 lens to Canon.
    They changed the power module.
    Cost $107.00
    Later they found that it was still under
    warranty and waived the charges.

That's a canon lens and he's talking about a Nikon body. Your post has no link...
    Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    That's a canon lens and he's talking about a Nikon body. Your post has no link...
    I disagree the post is relevant as it will give the TS a general idea on how much the service centers will charge for repairs of non warranty sets.
    D3100

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights
    base on experience, basic labor charge is $25~35 dollars excluding parts for minor issue, before GST
    you can ask for a quotation before repair, but Nikon Service center will not give you an estimate or quotation without letting their technicians examining your camera or lenses first.

Do note the actual cost will be vary, as you will not know are there any other hidden issues beneath the hood.

Hope this help.
    Great input !

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    From your posts it seems you have
    a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by wasak2000 View Post
    I disagree the post is relevant as it will give the TS a general idea on how much the service centers will charge for repairs of non warranty sets.
    The costs will also vary heavily depending on lens type and technology (e.g. Micro AF, Ultrasonic Motor). We don't know anything about TS' equipment, except it's Nikon. Only NSC can define the costs of repair once the damage is done and they had a good look at the faulty equipment. Everything else .. well, my tea leaves tell me something about 99 bucks...
    EOS

Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    The costs will also vary heavily depending on lens type and technology (e.g. Micro AF, Ultrasonic Motor). We don't know anything about TS' equipment, except it's Nikon. Only NSC can define the costs of repair once the damage is done and they had a good look at the faulty equipment. Everything else .. well, my tea leaves tell me something about 99 bucks...

I agree that the prices would vary depending on the equipment and which service center repairs it. What I disagreed with is the statement " your point has no link "

The information about the canon lens was just being offered in the hope that it might serve as a basis to give the TS a general idea on what the non-warranty repair expenses are whether he uses it or not is up to him.

Condescending and sarcastic posts like

"Call NSC and ask. Basic logic, right? It's not difficult"

"If you apply a little bit of common sense, you won't need to ask why"

"So hard to google?"

"your post has no link" etc

have no place in a forum like this. If you cant be bothered to think of something helpful to post it might be best not to post at all. Being a senior member doesn't give you the right to bully other people.
    Last edited by wasak2000; 11th January 2011 at 10:59 PM. Reason: typo
    D3100

eh.. TS, i suggest u call NSC too. the prices may have changed due to inflation, increased cost and what not. even then they may just tell you how much for diagnosis and if they need to change anything else, they will contact you to confirm. standard reply from all service centres.. lol
    Alpha
    Want to get back to photography

Quote Originally Posted by DunAskMe2Google View Post
    Do a search under his nick, he always provide "GOOD" answer.
    And that's your reason to subscribe?
    EOS

Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    And that's your reason to subscribe?
    Seems to be an old forumer. Forgot his name already, but he really got annoyed by people asking him to google for his elementary questions.
    Alpha

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12