Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: FA 31mm F1.8

Default Re: FA 31mm F1.8

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Lee View Post
    Thanks for your concern. I am a noob in Pentax lenses except the K35f2 and K135f2.5. Just need to know the differences, if any between the FAL and DAL. When I get my K5, I will try it out with my current 2 lenses to give me some idea of their rendering. I am used to them on my Canon FF and I feel there will be quite huge differences. I also intend to convert my existing Zeiss Contax lenses, especially my 85f1.4 to K with the Leitax mount. Anyway, glad that all of you are so helpful. It's going to be quite a drastic change for me and I will surely be extra careful. Thanks once again.
    No prob. Just know your preference, so better to let you have a heads up.

Just try the lens yesterday. Here the pic. Sorry my house quite messy.

The FA31 is a beautiful lens. I'm still waiting for someone to sell a silver one in BnS so that it can keep my FA77 company But seriously, other than completing the FA limited trio set, does it make sense to get the FA43 as well, if one already has the FA31 and a fast 50mm?
    The cure to LBA? A dry cabinet too full to take in any more lenses :)

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricBlue View Post
    The FA31 is a beautiful lens. I'm still waiting for someone to sell a silver one in BnS so that it can keep my FA77 company But seriously, other than completing the FA limited trio set, does it make sense to get the FA43 as well, if one already has the FA31 and a fast 50mm?
    Yes, whence you try the FA43 on your ZX-L with some film, you'd love the lens better than the other two FA limiteds

Yeah, I know 43mm is the most natural focal length for film, like 31mm or 35mm on aps-c, but I'm trying to find a cure for my LBA. Don't think the FA43 would offer a much wider field of view compared to the 50mm, although it provides autofocus and a nice 49mm filter size that matches my FA77 and DFA 100 WR. Could I borrow your FA43 during the Chinatown outing to get a feel of the lens?
    The cure to LBA? A dry cabinet too full to take in any more lenses :)

i using FA 43mm f/1.9.. As always the Limiteds. Would like to try on 31mm next time!
    Last edited by augkyos; 19th January 2011 at 09:26 PM.

How much is the FA 31 Limited at Sim Lim? Thinking of getting one in time for CNY.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123