Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 47

Thread: enlisting veri soon.. wat to bring? any tips?

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Jurong West
    Posts
    314

    Default enlisting veri soon.. wat to bring? any tips?

    hi, i'm enlisting veri soon in 2 weeks time.. wil miss my minolta camera
    wanna ask wat to bring in besides those normal stuffs listed?
    thanx guys

  2. #2

    Default

    hangers n clips ~~~~~~ tat's the only thing i nv bring ...

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Tam pines
    Posts
    212

    Default

    Buy extra ARMY singlet...if rain sure not euff to wear.

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    In my own world
    Posts
    1,314

    Default

    dun worry lah...wait til the first bookout or parents visiting day u will know wat u r lack of. Not sure if hp is allowed, bring hp and charger and phone cards mayb...

    good luck to u! and always try to make urself comfortable in army..cos u r "temporarily"
    out of the civilisation world

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,719

    Default

    1. Black Marker Pens... bring a few... mark everything you own with your name.
    2. instant camera... after consulting with PC 1st
    3. your own insect repellent.... SAF version is very skin unfriendly...
    4. facial wash & liquid soap. (leave the one they give you for inspection)
    5. torch lite.... tactiacal color. Black. SAF torch cannot make it. L torch also cannot make it.

  6. #6

    Default

    photos of your gf or family. Wil feel less home sick...

  7. #7
    Senior Member The_Cheat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,278

    Default

    Bring a bit of cash also, so that you may be able to get whatever you'd forgotten to bring in, if your coy actually allowed you to have a canteen break.

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Spore
    Posts
    617

    Default

    slipper and a small lock for cupboard

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,719

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Cheat
    Bring a bit of cash also, so that you may be able to get whatever you'd forgotten to bring in, if your coy actually allowed you to have a canteen break.
    eh... did you had a lot of canteen break. i only ever had it twice.
    How are you doing now?

  10. #10
    Senior Member The_Cheat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zekai
    eh... did you had a lot of canteen break. i only ever had it twice.
    How are you doing now?
    Hmm... do I know you!?

  11. #11

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Bukit Timah, Singapore
    Posts
    315

    Default

    Bring black electrical tape...

    Actually the most important thing to bring is a good attitude.. if you dread it, then you won't enjoy it. Take all the training as fun no matter how horrible it may seem. No matter how bad, exercise will always CUT.

    Try to get into the more fun units like commandos and guards. Army may be tough at times, but it builds character. Its an education like no other.

    enjoy it.. thats the most important.. if it does not kill you, it only makes you stronger.

  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cast123
    slipper and a small lock for cupboard
    nowadays they will provide a locker, and they wont allow other lockers to be use. well , at least for my coy.

  14. #14
    Jason H0
    Guests

    Default

    fun will get you killed.

    Quote Originally Posted by kjmedora
    Try to get into the more fun units like commandos and guards. Army may be tough at times, but it builds character. Its an education like no other.

    enjoy it.. thats the most important.. if it does not kill you, it only makes you stronger.

  15. #15

    Default

    washing powder to wash your underwear, and bring lots of underwear!

  16. #16

    Default

    oh yah , and coins ~~~~~

  17. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    In my own world
    Posts
    1,314

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kjmedora
    Bring black electrical tape...

    Actually the most important thing to bring is a good attitude.. if you dread it, then you won't enjoy it. Take all the training as fun no matter how horrible it may seem. No matter how bad, exercise will always CUT.

    Try to get into the more fun units like commandos and guards. Army may be tough at times, but it builds character. Its an education like no other.

    enjoy it.. thats the most important.. if it does not kill you, it only makes you stronger.

    Yah..hey man I like ur quote! Yah it do build up your character and in future when u work this correct attitude will bring u far.

  18. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Jurong West
    Posts
    314

    Default

    hey thanx guys... hmm.... i am not dreadful abt NS... thanx alot

  19. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    West area
    Posts
    1,016

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kjmedora
    Bring black electrical tape...

    Actually the most important thing to bring is a good attitude.. if you dread it, then you won't enjoy it. Take all the training as fun no matter how horrible it may seem. No matter how bad, exercise will always CUT.

    Try to get into the more fun units like commandos and guards. Army may be tough at times, but it builds character. Its an education like no other.

    enjoy it.. thats the most important.. if it does not kill you, it only makes you stronger.
    I think the system is still the same. If you are going into CDOs or Guards, NDU etc, it will be pre-determined already, with all the vocational assignment going on way before his enlistment date.

    But P.Tekong is a nice place to be in too. Chalet, and lots of welfare, though I do agree being in tougher units really builds the character in oneself, not to mention the "fun" times.

  20. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Tampines, Singapore.
    Posts
    1,899

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LiOnElLiN
    bring ALOT of underwear
    why? don'ch they show you how to wear an underwear for 4 days (with a "clean" surface everyday) anymore?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •