Page 41 of 50 FirstFirst ... 163136394041424346 ... LastLast

Thread: Liverpool football club *52* - A whole new beginning, yes, once again.

Default Re: Liverpool football club *52* - A whole new beginning, yes, once again.

hyppia!!! henchoz

but they 2 too slow.

i still remember the Spice Boys' Phil Babb... think he costs us 3.5mil GBP back then, a record!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Default Re: Liverpool football club *52* - A whole new beginning, yes, once again.

KONCHESKY BACK TO FULHAM?
    Here's some good news for all those Liverpool fans who believe that Roy Hodgson and every player he signed are the incarnates of the Dark Lord.

A couple of papers report that Paul Konchesky is in talks over a return to Fulham, which is actually the only place he can go to this season as he has already played for two clubs - Liverpool and Fulham.

Here's The Guardian's take on it, obviously written before the Liverpool v Fulham game: 'Officials from the two clubs were due to hold talks about the deal before tonight's game at Anfield and, if everything goes through, Liverpool will get back in contact with Aston Villa about Stephen Warnock returning to Anfield on a loan deal for the rest of the season.'

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    KONCHESKY BACK TO FULHAM?
    Here's some good news for all those Liverpool fans who believe that Roy Hodgson and every player he signed are the incarnates of the Dark Lord.

A couple of papers report that Paul Konchesky is in talks over a return to Fulham, which is actually the only place he can go to this season as he has already played for two clubs - Liverpool and Fulham.

Here's The Guardian's take on it, obviously written before the Liverpool v Fulham game: 'Officials from the two clubs were due to hold talks about the deal before tonight's game at Anfield and, if everything goes through, Liverpool will get back in contact with Aston Villa about Stephen Warnock returning to Anfield on a loan deal for the rest of the season.'

should have completed the deal earlier, so he could be the one scoring the O.G. last match

Quote Originally Posted by zurichdo View Post
    With his presence, we let in the least number of goals throughout the premier league for a number of season, and we also have to bear in mind the goalies back then were not as solid as Reina. He is a legend to me personally.

Not sure if anyone still remember the "Hyppia Henchoz" combination. We were solid as rock during their partnership.

Side track abit, Danny Murphy played really well yesterday. He is still so reliable despite his age. Will never forget how he single-handedly collected 6 points for the club against manure few years ago.

Going further back, I thought the combination of John Scales, Ian Wright and Neil Ruddock formed a formidable defense at the back as well.

And then there is John Barnes and Steve Mcmanaman on the flanks.

Quote Originally Posted by zurichdo View Post
    Going forward not bad, but defensively, I still have a feeling that Skrtel is a little nervous this season. A lot of unnecessary fouls outside the box, which gave us some moments to panic.

I actually wish we could someday capture another "Sami Hyppia". I nearly cried during his last game for us Arguably the best center back for the club over the past 20 years.
    The closest so far I think is Stoke's Robert Huth. Tall big and composed.

Play him together with Aggar to complement the lack of pace.

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmore View Post
    Going further back, I thought the combination of John Scales, Ian Wright and Neil Ruddock formed a formidable defense at the back as well.

Scales was good, Wright joined us at the tailend of his career, but his commitment was

not so impressed with Ruddock though

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...71510/?cc=3888

Now we know why Ian Holloway rated Charlie Adams at a ridiculous 14m pounds... Let's do the sums, they bought him for 500k, which means 13.5m profits, 20-30% will be 2.7-4m pound for him.. A manager of his caibre and blackpool finances means his annual salary is at most 1m pound a year... that means 2.5 yea-4years bonus!! Bloody blood suckers.. they should outlaw such clauses.. If i am Ian Holloway, i will sell all the established players in the beginning of the year, buy all cheap cheap players.. better if free! then just hope someone buy them!

I think Ruddock did quite well... given his medical problem.. i think he got diabetes? he was really brave and prob carra learns from him then.. LOL

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/media...e-for-kranjcar

Think Kranjcar will be good.. he can play as RM or RB.. and is technically very good.

Quote Originally Posted by nemesis32 View Post
    I think Ruddock did quite well... given his medical problem.. i think he got diabetes? he was really brave and prob carra learns from him then.. LOL

ok, he was better than julian dicks

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/media...e-for-kranjcar

Think Kranjcar will be good.. he can play as RM or RB.. and is technically very good.

we need someone with more flair and creativity down the flanks

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy

Reported tat charles nzogbia is headin ovr!

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
    *like*

Honestly... none of souness signings is good.. LOL

Liverpool turn down Chelsea bid for Torres - reports

waaah, bro Rodz said to sell Torres if they offer 50million, this offer was close at 40mil

Blackpool was charged and fined for filling under strength team against Villa....... The manager say he will quit if Blackpool was charged..... now see whether he will quit or not.
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
    Liverpool turn down Chelsea bid for Torres - reports

waaah, bro Rodz said to sell Torres if they offer 50million, this offer was close at 40mil

50 million can sell lah...of coz... but nothing less...then sign tevez...i rate tevez highly...but i dont like argentinian players...they are greedy...

Quote Originally Posted by fotoudavid View Post
    Blackpool was charged and fined for filling under strength team against Villa....... The manager say he will quit if Blackpool was charged..... now see whether he will quit or not.

he quit then how is he getting his bonus from charlie adam's sale?

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmore View Post

Wright was really quite solid also. I like.

Mid-90s, I think we really wasted. Got quite a good generation of players, but too bad never give the other teams a good run for their money for the title. Even labelled as the "Spice boyz" Back then, I always thought to myself, what if Redknapp had maintained injury free? We could really have been better.

Now just looking for ward to every other games moving forward. Hope everyone improves and we won't miss out on Europe.

Honestly... none of souness signings is good.. LOL

Souness did give the opportunities to Macca and Fowler.
    He also brought in Mark Wright and Rob Jones.
    I think CC rates Rob Jones as the best FB we had

Other than those, the rest are forgettable

Page 41 of 50 FirstFirst ... 163136394041424346 ... LastLast