Page 34 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9242932333435363944 ... LastLast

Thread: Liverpool football club *52* - A whole new beginning, yes, once again.

Default Re: Liverpool football club *52* - A whole new beginning, yes, once again.

We are back to mid table again! Hope things get better from here on!

Default Re: Liverpool football club *52* - A whole new beginning, yes, once again.

The passing games is good, especially the last goal build up, at least 15 passes..... although Kuyt mess up last min, lucky Torres was there to cover

Why are we so happy that we are in mid table now??
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fotoudavid View Post
    The passing games is good, especially the last goal build up, at least 15 passes..... although Kuyt mess up last min, lucky Torres was there to cover

quite sad but then again, we were facing relegation before this game.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Holloway slams 'disgraceful' Liverpool
    January 22, 2011

Blackpool manager Ian Holloway rounded on Liverpool after describing their bid for Charlie Adam, believed to be around £4million, as "disgraceful''.

Holloway confirmed manager Kenny Dalglish was keen to take the midfielder, who scored from the penalty spot in the 2-1 defeat by Sunderland, to Anfield.

The Blackpool boss said there had been also been bids for the Scot from Aston Villa and Birmingham but both had been rejected.

Holloway said: "I was thinking Liverpool and Charlie. I thought fantastic what a great club for him to go to and them when I heard the bid I thought it was disgraceful.

"I don't think it was Kenny that put that offer in. Mr (Damien) Comolli (Liverpool's director of football strategy) should look at what is going on and get realistic.

"What they offered is about the price Charlie would have been worth when Kenny was last playing. Is it a destabilising tactic from the three clubs, Birmingham, Aston Villa and now Liverpool? I don't know.

"Maybe I am the only one who can see what his value might be. It is all right admiring something. I like my neighbour's car but if I don't pay the right amount of money for it I ain't going to get it.

"They had better start by putting a figure one in front of the complete rubbish they have been offering so far.''

Quote Originally Posted by fotoudavid View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    quite sad but then again, we were facing relegation before this game.
    yep, we have to move to mid table then can aim for top 5 or 6 mah...

Canon 40D with Tamron 17-50mm and Canon G11

Quote Originally Posted by Whitelion View Post
    cant stop watching 2nd goal lol

one good defender and one good striker!!!!

thats all we need now!!!
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

20 points is what we need to go higher!!!

with 15 matches to go, we can do it!!!
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

SUAREZ: I CAN IMPRESS IN ENGLAND

Liverpool target Luis Suarez has confirmed that he ready to move to England.

The Ajax striker is the subject of interest from the Reds, who are trying to broker a deal for the Uruguayan before the end of the transfer window.

The 23-year-old admits that he once thought that he would not be best suited to the Premier League, but having seen Carlos Tevez's success at West Ham, Manchester United and Manchester City, he is now confident he can emulate the Argentine.

"(England) is a league that attracts me, a country where the football is really good," Suarez told the Sunday Times.

"Alongside the Spanish league it is the best in the world. In England you have a lot of clubs with aspirations to become champions and they are also very strong in the Champions League at the European level.

"I used to think that English football was not my style. But I saw Tevez play at Boca and Corinthians and I never imagined that he would play in the Premier League.

"When I see the way that Tevez plays there I think I can be a big name in England. It's because of the energy, and the spirit they put into the game in England. Now, I think it's a kind of football that suits me."

Thanks for the link!

Good to see Liverpool win, but sad to see Liverpool so happy over a win over a relagation candidate.
    Canon 80D|Panasonic LX3/LX5
    35f2 IS|50f1.8|85f1.8|12-24f4|18-135f4-5.6 IS|28-75f2.8

Report: Liverpool in Charles N'Zogbia Negotiations With Wigan

by Nick Coman on Sun, Jan 23, 2011 at 5:33PM

curry sauce!!

Liverpool and Wigan Athletic may be £7.5 million apart, with Anfield brass only yet willing to pay half of Wigan's £15 million asking price for 24-year-old French international Charles N'Zogbia, but the teams are still in negotiations over a deal.

According to The People, agent Paul Stretford, who is becoming a more influential figure at Anfield, is attempting to broker a deal between the two clubs. Stretford is a close friend of Kenny Dalglish. His agency, Proactive, represents a number of Premier League stars -- including Wayne Rooney.

N'Zogbia, Wigan's brightest star, has scored three goals and given two assists in the Premier League this season, but is widely considered a dynamic playmaker with pace, creativity and potential.

Pacy as he is, he has an arsenal of positions similar to Gareth Bale's. N'Zogbia primarily plays on the left wing, but he also regularly slashes inside as an attacking playmaker and can even play as a left back.

Liverpool has been linked with a move for N'Zogbia since 2010.

Damien Comolli sent to seal a deal for Suárez Tony Barrett The Times
    by LFC Transfer Speculations on Monday, 24 January 2011 at 05:55

Damien Comolli sent to seal a deal for Suárez

Tony Barrett

1 minute ago

Liverpool’s determination to make a marquee signing during the January transfer window will see Damien Comolli dispatched to Amsterdam for talks with Ajax over a deal for Luis Suárez.

Liverpool’s interest in the Uruguay forward has been thwarted by Ajax’s £21 million valuation of a player who turns 24 today. Comolli, Liverpool’s director of football strategy, is not willing to pay more than £18 million in a deal that would also see Ryan Babel, the Liverpool forward, return to his former club as a makeweight, and will attempt to compromise.

The outcome of the talks is likely to hinge on Ajax’s determination to hold on to a player who has spoken publicly of his desire to move to England, with Liverpool his preferred destination.

“When I see the way that [Carlos] Tévez plays there I think I can be a big name in England,” Suárez said.

Frank De Boer, the Ajax coach, is not keen to sanction the sale after agreeing with Rick van den Boog, the club’s managing director, that it will not proceed unless financial requirements are satisfied and a replacement lined up.

“We won’t let Luis go on 31st January at 23.55pm,” De Boer said. “It is logical and a deal that I have made with Rick van den Boog. To replace Suárez will be difficult but we are ready to have a plan B, we know what we want if he leaves.”

It is understood that Ajax have identified Bas Dost, the Heerenveen forward, as a potential replacement.

Fenway Sports Group (FSG), Liverpool’s owner, is prepared to fund a recruitment drive, but its determination has been met only with resistance from rival clubs with Blackpool adopting a similar stance to Ajax by pricing Charlie Adam, the midfield player, at a higher level than Liverpool are ready to pay.

Liverpool had a £4million bid for the Blackpool captain rejected on Friday and Ian Holloway, the Blackpool manager, has again made it clear that Adam will not be sold this month unless they return with a “drastically” improved offer. Liverpool will make a second bid of £5 million but that also seems likely to be turned down.

“I do not care if mighty Liverpool have made a bid for my best player Charlie Adam,” Holloway. “If they don’t improve it drastically or put a ‘1’ in front of it, they can go and whistle. They have offered £4 million, which is a disgrace. We’ve had three bids for him so far, from clubs that are round and about us in the league, but I’d suggest that rather than waste my time, or try and unsettle my club, they offer me a real amount of money.

“Life is about timing and this isn’t the right time. He will stay with us because the figures being bandied around are insulting. We will get £46 million if we stay up so why get rid of Charlie now for a good deal less than that?”

Quote Originally Posted by kelccm View Post
    Good to see Liverpool win, but sad to see Liverpool so happy over a win over a relagation candidate.

not so long ago, we were favourites for relegation
    this is a good improvement

WTF QOTD: Richard Keys & Andy Gray

Helmets might be more appropriate protection, lads. Our hearts leapt into our mouths this weekend (a difficult look to pull off, admittedly) whilst we were watching the Wolves vs. Liverpool game. Female official Sian Massey was running the line (left) at the match and her presence prompted what we could only describe as a flurry of activity in the Kickette office as we completed our referee school application forms and fantasised at the potential proximity to short tents and baller thighs.

However, apparently not everyone shares our enthusiasm for this level of female involvement in the game.

Sky Sports commentators Richard Keys & Andy Gray had this to say during an unguarded moment in which they apparently believed their mics were off.

Richard Keys: ‘Somebody better get down there and explain offside to her.’

Andy Gray: ‘Can you believe that? A female linesman. Women don’t know the offside rule.’

In case you can’t quite believe it, here’s the audio.

Being women, we’re not really qualified to comment on such complex footballing matters, so we shall just back away quietly whilst brandishing a reverse peace sign.

We doubt you guys will remain so quiet. Any response, Kickettes male and female?

Original article can be read at http://www.kickette.com/wtf-qotd/
    Canon EOS 500D | Tamron 17-50mm f2.8 non vc
    and the Kop sings, "You'll never walk alone"

Sian Massey Stars As Female Assistant Referee in Wolves vs Liverpool Matchby
    The Gaffer on January 22, 2011 · 36 comments

Some viewers may have done a double-take early Saturday while watching the replay of Liverpool’s first goal against Wolverhampton Wanderers to see if Raul Meireles was offside or not. With hair bobbing up and down, it was a female assistant referee who made the critical decision to keep her flag down, allowing Meireles to run on and take a pass from Christian Poulsen and for Meireles to pass the ball to Torres who slid the ball into the back of the net.

The replay clearly showed that the assistant referee made the correct decision. Ronald Zubar played Torres onside.

But who is the assistant referee who made the correct decision? It’s not every day in the Premier League that you get to see a female assistant referee.

Her name is Sian Massey. She was the assistant referee in the Sunderland against Blackpool game in late December 2010. Her appearance in today’s match between Wolves and Liverpool is only her second Premier League match. Previously she has been the assistant referee for many games in the Championship, LDV Vans Trophy, League Two as well as women’s World Cup qualifying.

She has been refereeing on a professional basis since March 2010.

Her next scheduled match is Tuesday’s game between Crewe and Bradford. It’s not the Premier League, but if she keeps on showing consistency and puts in great performances as an assistant referee, it makes you wonder when she’ll be given the chance to be the official referee. Thus far, she has only been given the chance to be a first and second assistant referee as well as a fourth official.

Massey is definitely a role model for women in officiating what has typically been seen as a men’s game. Let’s hope she continues her rise to fame.

UPDATE: Sky Sports presenters Richard Keys and Andy Gray made several sexist comments about Massey and Karren Brady off-mic Saturday. (refer to prev post)

All hail Sian Massey!!!

Quote Originally Posted by koplady11 View Post
    All hail Sian Massey!!!

close calls but she got them right