Page 33 of 50 FirstFirst ... 8232831323334353843 ... LastLast

Thread: Liverpool football club *52* - A whole new beginning, yes, once again.

Wah today raining of tap-ins for Torres! Yay!
    Canon EOS 500D | Tamron 17-50mm f2.8 non vc
    and the Kop sings, "You'll never walk alone"

Default Re: Liverpool football club *52* - A whole new beginning, yes, once again.

goal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 3-0 torressss

Default Re: Liverpool football club *52* - A whole new beginning, yes, once again.

Finally won a game

YaHOoooooo!!!!!!! YNWA!!' first win for King Kenny! More to come!
    Canon 40D with Tamron 17-50mm and Canon G11

Great display by the players. Pass and move the ball fast. Not the old and slow Roy Hodgson way.

Raul Meireles his shots are always so powerful and low!
    Canon 40D with Tamron 17-50mm and Canon G11

You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner_552 View Post
    goal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 3-0 torressss
    May the force be with you!!!

Couldn't finish watching the game

how did poorson fare tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    I thought he did ok. Morreilles has been the player for me, even during the RH days. But Torres looks alive Lucas leh? ha ha ha ....

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    so-so. No major mistake. At least can see everyone covered well for one another.

Quote Originally Posted by marios_pittas View Post
    I thought he did ok. Morreilles has been the player for me, even during the RH days. But Torres looks alive Lucas leh? ha ha ha ....
    so-so. No major mistake. At least can see everyone covered well for one another.
    ok, can see that he has more confidence now.

perhaps joker coke will be making more appearance in the near future!

meireles' tyco volley!

Quote Originally Posted by Taurean View Post
    Couldn't finish watching the game
    waaa, new pic of ur baby!

Ajax Ready to Conclude Suarez Transfer

Posted on 22. Jan, 2011 by Liam Tomkins in News

braised chicken with potatoes sauce!!

Ajax are keen to finalise Luis Suarez’ proposed transfer to Liverpool in order to allow ample time to bring in a replacement.

Ajax boss Frank de Boer is keen for Liverpool to accept their terms and conclude a deal over the coming days, although the Reds are yet to meet the Dutch outfit’s valuation of the player.

Speaking to De Telegraaf, de Boer said: “We won’t let Luis go on 31 January at 23.55. It is logical and a deal which I made with Rik van den Boog (general director of Ajax).

“To replace Suarez will be difficult, but we are ready. We have a Plan B, we know what we want if he leaves.”

This could be good news for Liverpool fans who are all too aware of the perils of leaving it late. However, if the powers that be at Anfield are not prepared to pay top dollar for Suarez, this stand-off could result in the Reds being left empty handed when the transfer window slams shut.

Dalglish ready to splash out €29m on new recruits

By Rory Smith

Saturday January 22 2011

KENNY DALGLISH believes being appointed as Liverpool's caretaker manager is the best job offer he has ever received, despite his urgent need to stave off the threat of relegation by boosting his squad with the €29m acquisition of Luis Suarez, Stephen Warnock and Charlie Adam.

Liverpool remain hopeful of striking an £18m deal with Ajax for the Uruguayan striker, as well as bringing Warnock, currently out of favour at Aston Villa, back to Anfield on an initial loan deal more than three years after he left the club.

Dalglish, though, is equally keen to strengthen his midfield and has identified Adam as his priority target after an impressive campaign for Blackpool. Ian Holloway, Dalglish's Bloomfield Road counterpart, has made it clear he would only sell his captain to a club he deemed worthy of his services -- ruling out Aston Villa -- but Liverpool are thought to feature on that list.

Blackpool's asking price, however, may pose a greater problem. Though Liverpool's director of football strategy, Damien Comolli, insists the club have "no more debt" and owners who are "willing to invest," Fenway Sports Group, Anfield's parent company, may not be willing to provide the £7m it would take to tempt Holloway into selling, given the player's age and profile.

Adam, though, would provide a substantially cheaper alternative to Ashley Young, the Aston Villa winger Comolli admitted Liverpool would consider moving to sign should he become available.

The Frenchman, speaking on Canal Plus, also revealed the club had considered a bid for Darren Bent before his £24m move to Villa Park.

"We thought of him, but we looked at his profile and thought he would not be very complementary to Fernando Torres," he said. "For Young, if he is on the market then we will be interested, but I do not believe that is the case. As far as Suarez is concerned, at the moment there is no deal with Ajax.

"I am surprised, given our results, the number of top level players who want to join us. They say that Liverpool is an attractive club, and most are also telling me that we have had a bad season, but we will not have two.

"This team has quality. I am convinced the squad left by (Rafael) Benitez is good. But it is true we need reinforcements."

prospects

However, it is Comolli's assessment of Liverpool's league prospects which reveals most about the task they feel they have ahead.

"The Europa League is our main objective for the season. We have won it three times and it's important for us to win it again," he said. "It's the shortest and probably the only way for us to qualify for Europe next season."

Given that Liverpool are only four points off seventh-placed Bolton, Comolli's outlook may appear gloomy.

That being the case, it is surprising that Dalglish should feel so fortunate to have returned to Anfield.

Indeed, given that his previous appointments have included inheriting a Liverpool team that won the double in his first season, arriving at Blackburn to be handed Jack Walker's millions and being tasked with converting Freddy Shepherd's and Sir John Hall's dreams into trophies at Newcastle, taking over a side 13th in the Premier League and devoid of all confidence should rank as a punishment, not a privilege.

"It is the best job I have ever been offered, so that will do me," he said.

"It is very seldom you get offered a job and are fortunate enough to have most things in place. For me, coming in here was the best offer I have had in my life and I was not going to turn that down. There are problems that need to be solved, but I would not be here if there were not any problems.

"Why is it the best job? Because it is Liverpool. The first time was brilliant, but this time it is even better. I was only a baby when I was in charge last time, whereas now I am a granddad, so I was running out of time.

"It was the best offer I could ever have had. It's different players, a different era, a different age. I knew the players at Liverpool when I first got the job and, while I knew some of the players here, you don't really get to know them until you start working with them," he said.

Dalglish leads his team into battle at Molineux today admitting he has no explanation for the club's woeful away record.

The Reds have, under three different managers, registered just two away wins in the Premier League in almost 13 months. That record contributed to the difficulties Rafael Benitez had before his departure in June, and was a major factor in Roy Hodgson leaving after just six months.

"It's very unlike Liverpool not to have a good away record. Normally it's excellent," said the 59-year-old Scot. "There are some things we've got to put right and that's one of them."

Another issue to put right is avenging the defeat by Wolves at Anfield last month -- one of the worst performances by Liverpool in a long time. It was the result which signalled the beginning of the end of Hodgson's short spell in charge.

lethargic

The same players who looked so lethargic that night have responded positively to Dalglish's arrival in the dugout, even if that has not been reflected in results so far during his tenure.

On the need to get his first win, Dalglish added: "I don't know how you evaluate how important it is, but we'd love to get a victory.

"Even if we get battered and win 1-0 it wouldn't matter -- it'd still be a great lift for everyone.

"If the players keep doing what they've been doing, a victory can't be far away.

"I thought it might have come at Manchester United, at Blackpool, and against Everton, but we've been very encouraged by what the players have done." (© Daily Telegraph, London)

Rafael Benitez Backs Kenny Dalglish's Appointment As Liverpool Boss

Former Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez has backed the appointment of Kenny Dalglish as boss for the remainder of the season.

This is Dalglish's second stint as boss, having managed the club between 1985 and 1991. He is also the last Reds manager to have guided the Merseysiders to the league title, something he achieved three times, most recently 20 years ago in 1989-90.

Much has changed since he last managed the club, Manchester United having drawn level with Liverpool's record 18 English top-flight titles, and currently leading the way at the top of the Premier League table, so threatening to surge ahead and become the most successful team in England.

Liverpool, in contrast, failed to qualify for the Champions League last season and Benitez parted ways with the club, while Roy Hodgson - who was appointed as the Spaniard's successor - has been shown the door following a protracted run of poor results.

"It will be much better with Kenny because he knows the club and what the fans want," Benitez told BBC Radio Five Live.

"He can talk with the players and they will feel and understand what it means to be a Liverpool player.

"I think that Kenny has been a very good appointment and, hopefully, it will be successful."

One of the takling points of Benitez's reign at Liverpool has been his transfer dealings and the actual quality of the squad he left when he departed to coach Inter (a job he has since lost) last summer.

Now the former Valencia boss has defended his reign by citing what he believes is a "massive" squad, but admits that there were some mistakes.

"We know that we made some mistakes," said Benitez. "We are not happy with some of the signings.

"But we are really pleased with the majority of them, especially if you analyse the team now. [Pepe] Reina, [Glen] Johnson, [Martin] Skrtel, [Daniel] Agger, [Fabio] Aurelio, Lucas, [Fernando] Torres, Maxi [Rodriguez] and [Dirk] Kuyt. It is a massive team.

"The team is good, the value of the squad is really good and, we were making mistakes, but [also] signing fantastic players.

"We signed [Xabi] Alonso, Luis Garcia, Javier Mascherano and Yossi Benayoun and we had to sell if we wanted to buy new players."

Rafael Benitez Backs Kenny Dalglish's Appointment As Liverpool Boss
    I respect the man for what he has done and achieved for Liverpool, but its time for the ex-girlfriend to shut up and leave the closet as we are already married to someone else!

great win for pool...