Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6910111213162136 ... LastLast

Thread: Liverpool football club *52* - A whole new beginning, yes, once again.

Default Re: Liverpool football club *52* - A whole new beginning, yes, once again.

Default Re: Liverpool football club *52* - A whole new beginning, yes, once again.

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
    So bright, I hard trouble sleeping.... Need to look for my eye mask
    Half full / half empty.. 2 days ago it was half empty, today its half full... go figure.. be happy

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner_552 View Post
    What a great signing.. aio.. we should have gotten Web instead of changing manager.. Duhhhhh...

Quote Originally Posted by zhapchit View Post
    the difference between RH and KK...

RH, after the game we curse and swear at RH

KK, we curse and swear the ref
    Nothing wrong what.. must keep busy.. !!

L'pool midfielders and strikers lack cohesiveness and telepathy or else Mighty Reds can nick a goal..

back to drawing boards for king kenny..

there is hope!!

What more can i say about reff webb and bennett?? well..both are manure fans...

football is a contact game and if a defender cant touch a striker...better play netball rite? the penalty is clearly webb's plot rite from the beginning...

sending SG is another agenda before the game even started...

KD did the rite team selection...aurelio is our best leftback...he has the courage to field an attacking team even with 10men...manure look ordinary...not much clear cut chances and before SG sending off,we were the better team...i think we will do well for the remaining games... welcome manure for the return EPL game at Anfield...that will be a totally different ball game...

Now im looking forward to all LFC games...thanks KD...

I thought we looked like better team after Stevie G was sent off

Kenny's United press conference

Kenny Dalglish spoke of his desire to 'bring back the happy memories' for the Liverpool fans who today welcomed his return with rapture.

Chants of 'Dalglish' could be heard throughout our 1-0 FA Cup third round defeat to Manchester United - and the man himself admitted he was overcome with emotion to be back after 20 years away from the Liverpool dugout.

"The reception of the fans was unbelievable," said Dalglish. "It crossed my mind to do a Mourinho or a Gary Neville and run down the line to their corner but I never made it!

"But the fans have always held a special place for me and my family and thankfully they've got a long memory of those happy times. I hope we can bring them back. Their support for me today was superb.

"I cannot see into the future. All I can do is promise the same as when I signed in 1977 - 100 per cent commitment from Kenny Dalglish.

"The next six months will be fantastic for me. If we put as much effort and commitment to the cause as we have today then we should be alright.

"It's my responsibility to encourage the players and improve them, and hopefully we'll get better."

Asked what his old adversary Alex Ferguson said to him before kick-off, Dalglish replied: "He said 'Welcome back'. I thought he'd be up here first to warm you up before I came in to be honest!"

Liverpool lost 1-0 following a controversially awarded penalty after less than a minute of play, Daniel Agger making the slightest contact with Dimitar Berbatov.

Ryan Giggs duly converted, and though the Reds initially looked good for an equaliser, their task was made all the more difficult by the straight red card flashed by referee Howard Webb to Steven Gerrard for a strong challenge on Michael Carrick.

Dalglish added: "Obviously I'm not going to be pleased to lose a match but the most important thing for us is what we got out of it - that we had a great deal of effort and commitment from the players. Their endeavour and enthusiasm and commitment to the cause was matched by the supporters and if we get everyone pulling in the same direction we'll have a good chance to improve things going forward.

"I don't think any one of our players could be faulted for effort and commitment. Yes, they might pass it better or finish it better but this is a hard place to come.

"To concede a penalty in the first minute and get a man sent off was always going to make it difficult for us but the boys stuck to the task. Up until they hit the post late in the second half they had the penalty shot and very little else. If we can restrict the top teams to that then it bodes well for us."

Dalglish substituted Fernando Torres with 14 minutes remaining.

Quizzed on the striker's form, he said: "We couldn't have got any more from Fernando in terms of effort and commitment. He ran himself into the ground. It's a great sign he's determined to get himself back and silence any critics he's got. He did everything that was expected of him on the day.

"When you look at the lads, it doesn't matter how good a player you are - you've still got to have a bit of confidence. And we've got to get that confidence back in him.

"We've got to get the players confident and believing in themselves. Once we get that then we'll move forward."

The Reds had to do without Glen Johnson, whose wife fell into labour.

"The lads were thrown into a wee bit of turmoil yesterday with Glen Johnson's wife going to have a baby and it's 100 per cent proper that he wants to be with her," said Dalglish.

"Young Martin Kelly comes in and he's as good as anyone on the pitch. That's great encouragement for Martin and for all the young boys out there. Jonjo Shelvey came on and was a wee bit ambitious with his free-kick, but at least he's looked up and noticed something."

Dalglish was asked if he would appoint any new coaches to help him turn Liverpool's season around.

He replied: "I don't know - I've only just turned up. If there are people who have left positions then obviously they'll have to be filled."

Regarding possible new signings, The King added: "If somebody had said to me, this is your squad of players, would you take the job? I'd have said yes with the squad of players we've got. I've got no pre-conceived ideas of players I have in mind to bring in. Whether there are other targets there that the club had in mind before I came in, I don't know. And I shouldn't know because I wasn't in a privileged enough position to know."

Reporters wanted to know more about how Dalglish's return came about.

He told them: "I was on a boat, I was happy! Then I got a phone call from John Henry and he said 'Do you want to come and look after the team until the end of the season?'

"Being a professional athlete I was at the bar!

"It's brilliant. It's amazing how quickly the memory comes back to you. It doesn't seem that long ago that I was in the dressing room.

"It's a club that means a great deal to me and my family."

I thought we looked like better team after Stevie G was sent off
    thats bcause manures close shop..
    10 v 12, can save the legs.

reina needs to stop kicking long balls to torres..
    torres needs to feed on the knock downs instead of making them..

how hard is it to find 2 players better than lucas and nogol?

Quote Originally Posted by roDz View Post
    What more can i say about reff webb and bennett?? well..both are manure fans...

football is a contact game and if a defender cant touch a striker...better play netball rite? the penalty is clearly webb's plot rite from the beginning...

sending SG is another agenda before the game even started...

KD did the rite team selection...aurelio is our best leftback...he has the courage to field an attacking team even with 10men...manure look ordinary...not much clear cut chances and before SG sending off,we were the better team...i think we will do well for the remaining games... welcome manure for the return EPL game at Anfield...that will be a totally different ball game...

Now im looking forward to all LFC games...thanks KD...
    bro rodz is back. hope u had a good rest at merseyside.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Quote Originally Posted by kuanwk View Post
    thats bcause manures close shop..
    10 v 12, can save the legs.

reina needs to stop kicking long balls to torres..
    torres needs to feed on the knock downs instead of making them..

how hard is it to find 2 players better than lucas and nogol?

we are too predictable with gerrard
    either he is demands too much of the ball? or players just happy to pass the ball to him and not take responsibiliy to create chances....?

your last question is really a good question, i think every premiership manager is asking, but even if they know, they will not provide clues

Member/Tangshooter

we are too predictable with gerrard
    either he is demands too much of the ball? or players just happy to pass the ball to him and not take responsibiliy to create chances....?

your last question is really a good question, i think every premiership manager is asking, but even if they know, they will not provide clues
    u r right..we r placing too much hope on SG..
    SG is good last time because of a good partner..I miss Alonso..
    This is an electronic post which requires no signature.

Quote Originally Posted by blazer_workz View Post
    u r right..we r placing too much hope on SG..
    SG is good last time because of a good partner..I miss Alonso..

i also miss benayoun

Sigh couldn't get to watch the match last night.

From the match report on ESPN guess there are some positives to take from the defeat

Hopefully King Kenny can get a better performance out of the team for the rest of the season

Quote Originally Posted by Taurean View Post
    Sigh couldn't get to watch the match last night.

From the match report on ESPN guess there are some positives to take from the defeat

Hopefully King Kenny can get a better performance out of the team for the rest of the season
    Positive from the match.

The team is willing to continue to fight despite being 10 men.

King Kenny is willing to sub out ineffective players even if he is a big name player.

King kenny is the right one to lead the troop. We just need a few good players for him!!!!!

Member/Tangshooter

King kenny is the right one to lead the troop. We just need a few good players for him!!!!!
    With him managing 1 day LFC..i can see great motivation and form increase in the team..
    I can't wait to see when he settles in..
    This is an electronic post which requires no signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmore View Post
    Positive from the match.

The team is willing to continue to fight despite being 10 men.

King Kenny is willing to sub out ineffective players even if he is a big name player.
    correct!!!!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Hear Babel in trouble.........
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fotoudavid View Post
    Hear Babel in trouble.........

what kind of trouble?

Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6910111213162136 ... LastLast