Thread: thinking of upgrading

Default thinking of upgrading

hey guys. currently owns a 500d. thinking of upgrading to 40d. do you guys think it is a good choice to consider? thanks. need advice.

Default Re: thinking of upgrading

Well... Honestly, I'd not consider it an "upgrade" except for the controls and body. But in terms of image quality, I was not impressed by the 40D. I'd say hold on, there's nothing limiting you in the 500d is there? There is no "must have" feature the 40D has. After the 40D came out, it was hit hard by the D300 and the A700. It faired poorly in comparison, so Canon rushed out the 50D.

Givena choice, I'd say wait, shoot, enjoy, save your money then get a real upgrade if you feel limited by your gear.
    Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by mazlanmadden View Post
    hey guys. currently owns a 500d. thinking of upgrading to 40d. do you guys think it is a good choice to consider? thanks. need advice.
    other than the 40D is a "higher" spec camera than the 500D. it is still a 2 year older model with older sensor. You think this is truly an upgrade?

Any reason for thinking of upgrading? Limited by anything?
    Coolthought - 冷静思考 - クールだ http://xaa.xanga.com/0aba0666d143253.../t35917343.gif

Quote Originally Posted by mazlanmadden
    You should share your thoughts abt this "upgrade" too, so we can be on the same wavelength. Are you just itchy to upgrade (nothing really wrong with that ) or you are limited in some way by the 500D?
    Exploring! :)

noooooo 500d is godly

the features shouldn't have limited ya, unless the real upgrade like a 5d2 then there's a great difference
    facebook | Kiwira

Upgrading your BBB skills ?

The next upgrade should be 60D

yeah i guess i should look at 60d instead. thanks for the advice guys!

yeah, 60D is a more logical choice. Having say that, i would personally prefer getting more/better lens first.
    Playing with M43.

i guess i have to agree with u on that. haha. thanks mate!

Quote Originally Posted by ismokeweed79 View Post
    Upgrading your BBB skills ?
    BBB virus is getting contagious

I agree too that the 60D is a better choice. Look at the more recent models rather than getting a older camera, some entry models beats even the older mid range models in terms of performance.
    Nikon D200/D700/D800 User :)
    [www.PositiveStudioProductions.com]

TS, you still haven't answered:

Why dyou need to upgrade? If you can't answer that then don't waste your time.
    Olympian

even if its the 60d, the upgrade is not worth the investment in my opinion really

i use the 60d for events and shoots sometimes, and only the swivel lcd is useful and that's also mostly for video use, also good to assist ya when composing in very low / high angles but that doesn't happen all the time

500d's already got a hd video but how often do ya even use that Σ(゚Д゚;)

so all the 500d buyers went mia somewhow, and i am supposed to have a shoot last night with a friend from penang, what else? just use the 500d now that i get to play with it a little longer lol

500d's just too good and it's a class of its own, i mean come on man, iso 1.6k with kit lens and it's still clean and sharp, what more can ya expect Σ(゚Д゚;) !

with proper handling and lens, this baby can even rival flagships for this level, and there are times when the photos turns out even more likeable (at least to me) as compared to when i use the 5d / 1ds3 - they are much heavier and its harder to shoot with a single hand ( sometimes my other hand is occupied holding a reflector ), so why not use something that's much lighter and smaller when they can produce such fantastic results in the end

ya think that its mp aren't enough for big prints? the default dpi itself can blow up to a nice a0 size already, no pixelation
    these are my most recent prints but taken with chapalang dslrs, and 3 of the a0s are from the 500d, so far very satisfied with the quality

i have friends who still use the old school 300d and some 10d, and they didn't even upgrade because the current features they have are plenty enough
    what ya really need is a good lens that fits ya field of photography, not the body

believe me, its either stay, get an imba lens, or upgrade to 5d2, ya've just not push ya 500d to the limit yet

i hope that ya consider ya thoughts real deeply before upgrading, compare the features of the current and find out what its lacking,

and question ya'self like do ya really really really need that
    -8k shutter speed
    -super noise control
    -fps
    -bokeh
    -confirm got many many thing one
    facebook | Kiwira