Thread: Need HELP From Macro photographers in D5000 with SIGMA 70-300mm F4-5.6 APO DG MACRO

Default Need HELP From Macro photographers in D5000 with SIGMA 70-300mm F4-5.6 APO DG MACRO

Hi,
    I'm Using D5000 with SIGMA 70-300mm F4-5.6 APO DG MACRO. and i like to take macro pic . like bug and small thing.
    i have see some other Macro photographers pic, it all look so close to the bug.

pls take a look on my pic and give me some comment.
    www.nikonshrek.blogspot.com ( sorry i dunno how to post pic here)
    help me what to i need to make my macro pic as close as other Macro photographers can.

I need help in:-
    1.what len do i need?
    2.do i need a 1:1 or 1:2(cos now i having a 1:2)
    3.if by using my 70-300mm 1:2 macro what do i to add on so that i can shoot the bug as what they can do ?
    4.if i use 2X or 4X len. will it help?
    5.how i know which one to buy so that it can use on D5000 and can fix the sigma 70-300mm len?

hope the all Macro photographers can help me.or can sms me at 90257883.
    i be online 24hr a day.

Last edited by shrekguy; 5th January 2011 at 10:49 PM.

Default Re: Need HELP From Macro photographers in D5000 with SIGMA 70-300mm F4-5.6 APO DG MAC

Your lens is not a true macro lens. If you want a bigger magnification, you can use the options other macro photogs use. FYI, you should be reading the stickies in the macro photography section. That's also the place to post if you want critique.

FYI, there is no "len".
    Alpha