Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Knife collectors

Default Re: Knife collectors

Quote Originally Posted by happyfrog View Post
    thank you so much.

the catalog is really helpful.

also, ermm... do you know what should i do if i bring it for trips overseas? will they permit me to bring out and in of country and into another country?
    Swiss army knives are definitely no problem, tried it a few times. I also want to know about folding knives that are like the ones in the SOG catalogue, will the customs let us bring in if we put it in the check-in luggage? Also what if we purchase online? Need we declare anything?
    Last edited by spree86; 7th January 2011 at 02:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by spree86 View Post
    Swiss army knives are definitely no problem, tried it a few times. I also want to know about folding knives that are like the ones in the SOG catalogue, will the customs let us bring in if we put it in the check-in luggage? Also what if we purchase online? Need we declare anything?
    Yep, no problem with swiss army knives, as long as it is kept in the check-in luggage.

However i am not sure about the ones from the SOG catalogue.. coz they looks like weapon than the swiss army type.

When you purchase online, you will need to collect it from the Arms & Explosive branch in the Police HQ in Cantonement Road. Registration and some tax is to be done there. When they ask you question, just say you're a collector.

Take note that 'butterfly' knife, some long parang-looking types, and some concealable weapons are banned in Singapore. They will be confiscated.

It is advisable to get your choice of knives from the reputable shops, as they have contacts with the SPF and they can advise you which types of knives are allowed into Singapore.

Declaration and Singapore police's permit is needed if you bring Martial Arts-related weapons with you to oversea for trainings.
    Last edited by SurrealDreamWalker; 7th January 2011 at 10:20 AM.
    "There are no mistakes, only lessons. Growth is a process of trials and errors."

Quote Originally Posted by chillicutter
    I got 3 katanas ( one long, one medium, one short)
    1 twin katana (2 kanata in 1 scabbard.)
    1 Spear, can detach into 4 pieces
    1 Qing Dynasty Sword
    1 Han Dynasty Sword
    and my lastest collection is 雪饮狂刀。
    Hey I'm a Japanese sword lover. since this is a photography forum, y not post some pics of your swords.... anyway, I believe your twin sword is not katanas right??? it should be a "Tonto" with a "Wakazashi" (Short knife with med Sword)?

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealDreamWalker View Post
    Yep, no problem with swiss army knives, as long as it is kept in the check-in luggage.

However i am not sure about the ones from the SOG catalogue.. coz they looks like weapon than the swiss army type.

When you purchase online, you will need to collect it from the Arms & Explosive branch in the Police HQ in Cantonement Road. Registration and some tax is to be done there. When they ask you question, just say you're a collector.

Take note that 'butterfly' knife, some long parang-looking types, and some concealable weapons are banned in Singapore. They will be confiscated.

It is advisable to get your choice of knives from the reputable shops, as they have contacts with the SPF and they can advise you which types of knives are allowed into Singapore.

Declaration and Singapore police's permit is needed if you bring Martial Arts-related weapons with you to oversea for trainings.
    Hmm, looks like buying from a local shop makes more sense, less fuss. Thanks!! I shall check out the shop
    Last edited by spree86; 7th January 2011 at 02:09 PM.

Blog Entries

For collection:
    Buck Folding Hunter 110 in green bone

For regular use:
    regular Buck Folding Hunter 110

Yet another version of the Buck 110
    Buck 110 in Basketweave pattern

Of course many many modern knives today will blow the Buck 110 out of the water in terms of materials used, weight and other points..... but THIS knife single-handedly started the folding knife culture...

Boker from germany also has very good folding knives
    Last edited by ed9119; 7th January 2011 at 02:19 PM.
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

Quote Originally Posted by ed9119 View Post
    For collection:
    Buck Folding Hunter 110 in green bone

For regular use:
    regular Buck Folding Hunter 110

Yet another version of the Buck 110
    Buck 110 in Basketweave pattern

Of course many many modern knives today will blow the Buck 110 out of the water in terms of materials used, weight and other points..... but THIS knife single-handedly started the folding knife culture...
    Wow, looks like they are straight out of a classic american movie The prices of the knives for regular use seems very reasonable, i'm guessing the price in local shops will be a little higher?

Daiso knives only $2 each. Cheap and decent. Can cut fruits and vegetable and meat too. Another place for cheap pocket knives would be dealextreme. I collected a few just for fun.

Hmm.. thanks for the info. I am just afraid it may get confiscated when I travel to certain countries on some outdoor fun. Previously I bought some cheap knife in Thailand. Couldn't even cut open the belly of a fish.

Blog Entries

just check in your knife or other sharp stuff

just take serious Singapore sportfishermen as a prime example of people travelling with knives .........flying to Australia, Indonesia, Thailand, Philippines, Maldives etc etc etc on fishing trips have no problem with checked in knives

Go into their Knifemakers For Sale area for a look at works of art
    Last edited by ed9119; 8th March 2011 at 11:40 PM.
    Walkeast

kaapuii
    Guests

Quote Originally Posted by luna_sea83 View Post
    You need to be aware when buying from shops, i believe they will record down your particulars when purchasing and submit it to the police.

Thats what they did when i got mines.

Then what will happen? Does that mean the CID will or can go to our house spot check anytime they want?

Arrow Re: Knife collectors

The thinking is that if there are serious crime using this type of weapons, the police is able to trace the owner.

However, I don't need to show my ID to buy a parang or kitchen knife, so go figure.

Yes, I've been to the Police Arms & Explosive branch at Cantonement Road to get a license for my camping knife. It is definitely cheaper to get it online.

Quote Originally Posted by kaapuii View Post
    Then what will happen? Does that mean the CID will or can go to our house spot check anytime they want?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by xtemujin View Post

Yes, I've been to the Police Arms & Explosive branch at Cantonement Road to get a license for my camping knife. .
    Wah Laozzzz i am getting old !!!! Last time I used to go to their previous location at across Shangri-La Hotel Orange Grove Rd many many years ago !!!
    Walkeast

Blog Entries

Blade Forum for those still keen on playing with knives

try this forum above.... knowledgeable but full of hill billies and rednecks in there

the Knifemakers' knives for sale section is VERY POISONOUS once u see the handmade stuff they have for sale there ........... keep your wallet FAR FAR AWAY
    Last edited by ed9119; 8th March 2011 at 11:54 PM.
    Walkeast

i finally chose cold steel rajah II.

I am surprise to see a thread about knife collecting.

I'm interested to get a Rick Hinderer XM folding knife.

It seemed quite difficult even to get it in the US, wondering if any bros here has any? Can anyone advise where to get it?

Blog Entries

i only have the SAF standard issue swiss army knife. which i now use to open kampung durians, courtesy of the sg forests that drops them for free...

I have a nice WW2 Japanese army officer's sword complete with tassle & a few others including krises but maintaining these in our weather is quite tough unless they're kept in a dehumidified cabinet or sort. Must also oil them once a while. Not a nice hobby to have in our area as we can't trade, use or show them.
    "Like Moths, photographers gather at the sight of light" Robert Doisneau
    My Little Port

Quote Originally Posted by NineEleven View Post
    I have a nice WW2 Japanese army officer's sword complete with tassle & a few others including krises but maintaining these in our weather is quite tough unless they're kept in a dehumidified cabinet or sort. Must also oil them once a while. Not a nice hobby to have in our area as we can't trade, use or show them.
    I feel your pain

Quote Originally Posted by Z7Z7Z7 View Post
    I am surprise to see a thread about knife collecting.

I'm interested to get a Rick Hinderer XM folding knife.

It seemed quite difficult even to get it in the US, wondering if any bros here has any? Can anyone advise where to get it?
    You can try bladehq.com
    Hinderer knives quite expensive, 3" cost around US$900 or you can get alternative such as ZT 0550 , ZT 0560. Both are designed by Rick
    Last edited by netidolweb; 27th December 2012 at 07:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NineEleven View Post
    its not good qi to have so many sharp objects
    宁愿遇见丢失幼崽的母熊,也不愿碰上做蠢事的愚人

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast