Thread: Opening a studio

Default Opening a studio

I have a keen interest in running a studio. What would be the estimated cost of a studio which include rental, equipment, renovation etc etc. What other factor to consider for the space?

Default Re: Opening a studio

Quote Originally Posted by kinachi View Post
    I have a keen interest in running a studio. What would be the estimated cost of a studio which include rental, equipment, renovation etc etc. What other factor to consider for the space?
    perhaps you may wish to consider renting a studio for some time and have a feel of the space required and the equipment required...?
    nothing beats some hands-on experience.
    Exploring! :)

Studios vary greatly in size, scope and equipment. From your passport photo shooters (ok, barely a 'studio') to indoor setups big enough for vehicles. Rental, manpower, equipment, fixed costs, expendables, etc -- a large number of things you need to take into account.

I think you'd get better response posting this in The Photo Biz section where a number of working pros have shared their knowledge and experience (better close this thread first though - not nice to cross-post!)

most important thing is what are you going to do with it ?
    :)

ain't you suppose to being with a business plan first??

Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

U wanna do it commercially? Is it to be rented out? or? U didnt specify it. For home use, the investment is lesser and i've helped peeps to kinna set up before. For commercial use, ur clients tent to expect much more.