Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My only flash YN560 hotshoe plastic broke

Default Re: My only flash YN560 hotshoe plastic broke

Quote Originally Posted by ley35 View Post
    can i see the threat please? kinda cool and its better than plastic! but think again, if its metal, once it fall, it may broke MORE things? hahaha.
    thread hor, not threat... nobody threatening anyone

lemme see if I can find.
    Last edited by ZerocoolAstra; 7th January 2011 at 11:58 AM.
    Exploring! :)

Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    thread hor, not threat... nobody threatening anyone

lemme see if I can find.
    OOPS! hahaha...Paiseh. LOL!! hmm..I somehow cant study the picture and dont get it. LOL!!!!

the problem in the other thread is different, because it's an internal part (plastic) that broke, and not the hotshoe mounting.

What I'm referring to is fatigue's suggestion on how to join the parts, using heat and metal wire.

Or just do combination of methods. Use the epoxy to glue a strip of plastic/metal/pins/whatever across the break. Typical epoxy can hold near 1 kg per mm2 of properly bonded area. I've built a remote controlled car for my school project that's pretty much just held together with epoxy and tape. And yes, it was pretty ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    the problem in the other thread is different, because it's an internal part (plastic) that broke, and not the hotshoe mounting.

What I'm referring to is fatigue's suggestion on how to join the parts, using heat and metal wire.
    I see i see.. thanks for the link!

Quote Originally Posted by deadsea View Post
    Or just do combination of methods. Use the epoxy to glue a strip of plastic/metal/pins/whatever across the break. Typical epoxy can hold near 1 kg per mm2 of properly bonded area. I've built a remote controlled car for my school project that's pretty much just held together with epoxy and tape. And yes, it was pretty ugly.
    I still have the broken parts kept. LOL. maybe i us the epoxy to glue them together again? ahh..i dont mind it being ugly as long it can be mount! hahaha. thanks bro for sharing

TS is not alone, I, too have 2 of my lightstands fall during a shoot.

Luckily my flash did not spoil as both of them are on receivers thus the receivers took the impact and broke into 2.

At first, thought that my lightstand are not steady and stable enough. But after some consultation at sgcamerastore, the shop keeper explained to me that even with manfrotto lightstand, it will still topple when a gust of strong wind comes. The only way to prevent it from topple, is to get those sand bag as a weight, or keep 2 X 2L of water on 1 lightstand.

For me, I ended up using the Sunkist orange juice 2L bottle, 2 of them for each of my lightstand. And now, my lightstand stopped to topple during my shoots.
    Think fast, aim for the best !

Quote Originally Posted by Odyssey-Boy View Post
    TS is not alone, I, too have 2 of my lightstands fall during a shoot.

Luckily my flash did not spoil as both of them are on receivers thus the receivers took the impact and broke into 2.

At first, thought that my lightstand are not steady and stable enough. But after some consultation at sgcamerastore, the shop keeper explained to me that even with manfrotto lightstand, it will still topple when a gust of strong wind comes. The only way to prevent it from topple, is to get those sand bag as a weight, or keep 2 X 2L of water on 1 lightstand.

For me, I ended up using the Sunkist orange juice 2L bottle, 2 of them for each of my lightstand. And now, my lightstand stopped to topple during my shoots.

LOL. i used 2 water bottle full of water inside my bag and place it to prevent it from falling. but end up, still falls. its because of my umbrella that is facing the wind. gah...saddist.

HEY BROs! ive fixed it with YN560 new METAL FOOT!!!! woo woo~!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ley35
    HEY BROs! ive fixed it with YN560 new METAL FOOT!!!! woo woo~!!!
    Please share your "remedy", preferably with pics!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12