Thread: A couple of nite shots

Default A couple of nite shots

Testing out the star filter. Effect was not what i expected.

Tried to test the wide angle converter too but couldn't focus.

The focus looks ok but pictures are slightly overexposed. Personally, I still prefer "stars" from using f8 and above.

dont use the star filter with so many light sources around.... personally i dont really like it

The slanted of the building is due to the tripod or what?

Originally posted by revenant
    The slanted of the building is due to the tripod or what?
    Forgot to bring tripod . I put it on a flat surface and swirled the head

Originally posted by cyanbloodbane
    The focus looks ok but pictures are slightly overexposed. Personally, I still prefer "stars" from using f8 and above.
    *sigh* The casio cannot do natural stars

Originally posted by mervlam
    dont use the star filter with so many light sources around.... personally i dont really like it
    Think i need to experiment with it more to find best positioning and aperture settings. U find the stars unnatural?

please do realise tt star filter may cause "out of focus" problem ... best is to set to the manual focus mode with infinity focus ...
    See my Photo Gallery at the Clubsnap

Originally posted by megaweb
    please do realise tt star filter may cause "out of focus" problem ... best is to set to the manual focus mode with infinity focus ...
    Hmm. 1 question here. If i want to couple it with a wide angle adaptor which needs me to set to macro mode, in that case, should i use manual focus to adjust the focus?

I see too many stars

I think you should at least try to straighten the building.
    Personally, I would stay away from any kind of star filters. I think they're just a waste of money. Just me.

Originally posted by Kit
    I think you should at least try to straighten the building.
    Personally, I would stay away from any kind of star filters. I think they're just a waste of money. Just me.
    U mean like this?

Probably will retake this again with better positioning and exposure. Gives me a chance to try out the wide angle adaptor

Yes, its better but now the road is being cropped off and the building id ending too abruptly. I think its a good idea to take this shot again. Practice makes prefect. Also try to avoid the roof/ceiling on the top left hand corner. Its quite distracting too.

Originally posted by Kit
    Yes, its better but now the road is being cropped off and the building id ending too abruptly. I think its a good idea to take this shot again. Practice makes prefect. Also try to avoid the roof/ceiling on the top left hand corner. Its quite distracting too.
    Took this from the bus stop. I also not very happy with the busstop roof Should either zoom more or take from another angle.