Thread: Can all lenses from sigma suitable for light rainy day and very cold temperature?

Smile Can all lenses from sigma suitable for light rainy day and very cold temperature?

Hi all folks out there i need some basic information of does sigma lenses suitable to work in very cold or light rain situations? kindly give me some comments or answer about this topic thank in advance sorry i am newbie

Deric

Default Re: Can all lenses from sigma suitable for light rainy day and very cold temperature?

They're designed in Japan. It gets snowy and drizzly there. So logically...

Of course, do consider that they're not weather-sealed so you shouldn't get them drenched. But for exposure to a bit of drizzle? Should be no issue.
    Alpha

Default Re: Can all lenses from sigma suitable for light rainy day and very cold temperature?

Best to exercise the "kiasu/kiasee" attitiude. Unless you really have to, keep it dry. And if does gets wet, dry it as soon as possible.
    Nikon D200/D700/D800 User :)
    [www.PositiveStudioProductions.com]

Smile Re: Can all lenses from sigma suitable for light rainy day and very cold temperature?

thank for the great informations from both of you because i bought my Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG HSM II Macro lens for less than a month ago that why i need to know how to maintain it well while shooting Thank to both anyway

Deric

hi anyway what is a kiasee and kiasu attitdude?

Quote Originally Posted by wsq1234 View Post
    Kiasu = Scare Lose, Kiasee = Scare Die
    So just keep the lens away from rain as far as possible
    Nikon D200/D700/D800 User :)
    [www.PositiveStudioProductions.com]

Hi all folks out there i need some basic information of does sigma lenses suitable to work in very cold or light rain situations? kindly give me some comments or answer about this topic thank in advance sorry i am newbie

Deric
    i got my tamron 19-35 & 28-75 also sigma 24-70 EX DC in a light rain more than once and evrything is still working fine after it, but i'll always wipe out the water before putting in my bag and put it inside my dry box after i reach home

it's afraid to loss attitude
    i buy i sell i use, repeat, such are the vicious endless cycle of GAS

Deric
    In my experience, they'll work.

Look, read, think: http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=615253
    Drizzle is fine, nothing to worry or being scared of. Wipe the lens with a cloth and that's it.
    EOS

Deric

TS, my friend came back from Harbin 2 weeks back, temperature there is -30degC, both his D7000 and lens survived the harsh weather.
    As for rain, unless there is a scene or object that you die-die must shoot even of light rain, then go ahead. Just wipe it dry after that.
    D700 * 70-200 F/2.8 VRII * 24-120 F/4 * 50 F/1.4G * SB900
    你敬我一尺,我尊你一丈.

Hello thank for all the true experiences of the lenses and so kind to share those experienced information of the lens to me i greatly appreciated THANK~!!! I always never use my 70-200 during light rain because i afraid it will spoil :X that why i try to get basic information of the lens from you guys

Smile Re: Can all lenses from sigma suitable for light rainy day and very cold temperature?

Quote Originally Posted by Override2Zion View Post
    Kiasu = Scare Lose, Kiasee = Scare Die
    So just keep the lens away from rain as far as possible
    oic hahaha~~!!! now i finally learn two new words thank bro

Quote Originally Posted by kwttan View Post
    TS, my friend came back from Harbin 2 weeks back, temperature there is -30degC, both his D7000 and lens survived the harsh weather.
    As for rain, unless there is a scene or object that you die-die must shoot even of light rain, then go ahead. Just wipe it dry after that.
    Oic meaning this lens is strong enough glad to hear that

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    They're designed in Japan. It gets snowy and drizzly there. So logically...

Of course, do consider that they're not weather-sealed so you shouldn't get them drenched. But for exposure to a bit of drizzle? Should be no issue.
    ok noted thx bro

Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    Look, read, think: http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=615253
    Drizzle is fine, nothing to worry or being scared of. Wipe the lens with a cloth and that's it.
    haha ok i get it thank for the precious informations from all of you cheer~!