Thread: Which telephoto lens for bro's POP?

Default Which telephoto lens for bro's POP?

His POP is this sat and im currently using a d90 with 16-85. Was thinking of renting a telephoto lens for this event.

Was considering these 3 options:
    1)70-200 VR2
    2) 300mm f/4
    3) 80-400mm

Open to all considerations and opinions. Thanks a bunch! Budget about 60SGD.

You can refer to these links for the rest of the available lenses.
    http://www.rentcamera.com.sg/index.p...d=83&Itemid=79
    http://sg.camerarental.biz/Equipment/Nikon.aspx

Feel free to include other rental sites i might not have known.

Thanks in advance! Really appreciate it!

Default Re: Which telephoto lens for bro's POP?

i guess 70-200mm would be a better option since it has a lower f/stop to freeze motion and oso more versatile than the 300mm. i'm nt too sure bout the reach though. but since d90's a crop sensor camera it shld minimise the prob.. anw is the POP held in marina bay again this time?

Quote Originally Posted by NemesisBlade View Post
    i guess 70-200mm would be a better option since it has a lower f/stop to freeze motion and oso more versatile than the 300mm. i'm nt too sure bout the reach though. but since d90's a crop sensor camera it shld minimise the prob.. anw is the POP held in marina bay again this time?
    Finally i got a reply after so long. Yups its at marina bay floating platform. According to my bro he's the 2nd batch, so its pretty cool. I read through some forums and they say 200mm and 400mm not much diff, and most preferred the 70-200 to the 80-400.

I would rent a 70-200mm f/2.8 and a 2x teleconvertor. In that way, you have the option for 70-400mm. Since the POP is held during the day and you get ample light, there should be a problem with focusing and shutter speed.
    Nikon D200/D700/D800 User :)
    [www.PositiveStudioProductions.com]

It depends on where your bro is standing, and where you are sitting. If he's one of those in the platoons right at the back of the parade, I don't think even a 400mm would be enough. A wide angle/normal zoom might be more useful when you are allowed to walk down to the floating platform to join your bro. If you're just gonna shoot the march past or something, I don't think it's worth it to rent a lens just for that lol

80-400 seems decent engh
    Playing with M43.

As you are a guest, with my knowledge, you won't be able to get closeup shots that are useful. Stay with your equipment and just get the usual grp snapshots later on.