Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SLR into DSLR?

Default Re: SLR into DSLR?

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    Aaah... D7000 is not entry-level...
    Paiseh.. mixed up on the thousand series...
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

Quote Originally Posted by albertsy2 View Post
    Well, your SLR used film and a DSLR doesn't. Some people swear that analog film is still the best in terms of IQ. I tend to agree, but that's just me.

But the main advantage of a DSLR is that you can shoot hundreds of pictures and not pay for anything until you print stuff.

But if I have to pay much more to get the same feel as film, I would have to invest much more on equipments upfront. That means shooting a few hundred pictures in DSLR would cost more per clicks. (a.k.a "Shutter Counts"). So there is not such thing as "free" shoots, you've already paid for it.

For those who are already familiar with film photography and wants to keep the existing lenses, opt for full frame nikon body. My experience is half frame(DX) body will not fill your appetite, so go straight to D700. If cost is a concern, best advice is stick to film for the time being.
    Last edited by CanonIXUS; 4th January 2011 at 11:31 PM.
    Alan

you are right in a way.. the main advantage that i feel DSLR have over SLR is that i get to preview the picture before deciding if the photo turns out okay. for SLR, i have to wait till the photos are developed to see it..

If you are not particular about using used equipment, you can get a used D80 or D90 from the buy and sell section.

i'm still thinking about that.. cause even a used DSLR like D90 would cost around 800-900+ right? thanks anyway

Quote Originally Posted by linnng View Post
    i'm still thinking about that.. cause even a used DSLR like D90 would cost around 800-900+ right? thanks anyway
    with that money can buy better scanner and start developing film

Quote Originally Posted by oceanpriest View Post
    with that money can buy better scanner and start developing film
    aaaa~! this is not help me to make decision.. LOL!

I went from film to digital (FM2 to D40, then D90). Still prefer film, but use digital for when I definitely must get the shot (paid assignments, school assignments etc.)

If you go for a cropped body, there's the whole thing about using cropped lenses that won't work with your film camera etc. etc. that you have to be aware of, especially for zoom lenses.

If you go full frame, FX zoom lenses will break the bank (for most people). They are also big and heavy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12