Thread: Newton Food Centre

Default Newton Food Centre

This happen to me yesterday :

I was at Newton having dinner last night, then i took out my 10D to take some shots of my wife and her colleagues. Then the food came, uncle come and collect $$$. Then he said "This camera is Canon one ar ?", i said yes, then he said "Digital one ar ?", i said yes. He said, "I also have one, costs $2800".

He was from one of the BBQ seafood stall ...

Quote Originally Posted by caseytan

I was at Newton having dinner last night, then i took out my 10D to take some shots of my wife and her colleagues. Then the food came, uncle come and collect $$$. Then he said "This camera is Canon one ar ?", i said yes, then he said "Digital one ar ?", i said yes. He said, "I also have one, costs $2800".

with the price they 'hack' sometimes, wouldn't be surprised if he has a $280,000 cammie though
    Last edited by ndroo; 9th July 2004 at 02:17 PM.

dun play play that is why "70%" of the DSLR users use Canon.

Quote Originally Posted by renegade
    with the price they 'hack' sometimes, wouldn't be surprised if he has a $280,000 though
    he sure can afford the $10k++ one man

Blog Entries

I am under the assumption that photographers could come from all walks of life... all levels of society.

Apparently you think otherwise and shocked to learn that a hawker could own a camera. Would it be less surprising if the hawker told you he uses a Nikon FE?

Quote Originally Posted by sebastiansong
    I am under the assumption that photographers could come from all walks of life... all levels of society.

Apparently you think otherwise and shocked to learn that a hawker could own a camera. Would it be less surprising if the hawker told you he uses a Nikon FE?

i also gotten to know a cab driver with a 1D last year, i was cleaning my camera in the back seat when a conversation broke, i thought just like the NY cab driver, cool!

Quote Originally Posted by sebastiansong

well i never meant in a discriminating way as you think.

this reminds me of my neighbour's kid who helps out at his dad's stall selling fish, driving a Skyline R34!! wish my dad's was a fishmonger....
    300D/5d2/40D/1d3/5D3
    17-40L F4, 28-70L F2.8, 24-105L F4, 50 F1.4, 70-200L F2.8

good! This shows that photography is meant for any ppl...a very healthy(can also be luxury) hobby.

Guess no gf or wife will stop her bf/hubby from taking pictures

You might be surprised that someone actually need approval from spouse when buying lenses... :P

Quote Originally Posted by rainman
    Guess no gf or wife will stop her bf/hubby from taking pictures

Quote Originally Posted by ptwong
    this reminds me of my neighbour's kid who helps out at his dad's stall selling fish, driving a Skyline R34!! wish my dad's was a fishmonger....
    remind me too... years back
    saw 1 posher (I belive I spell the name wrong, not very good in car name ) park @ the JTC coffee house.. (The old type), ask a uncle... know whose car is it.. guess what his answer..

'Oh, that my boss one.. the one making coffee for you all to drink one.. "

Quote Originally Posted by therat
    remind me too... years back
    saw 1 posher (I belive I spell the name wrong, not very good in car name ) park @ the JTC coffee house.. (The old type), ask a uncle... know whose car is it.. guess what his answer..

'Oh, that my boss one.. the one making coffee for you all to drink one.. "

common, my uncle who run a canteen in a factory drive a big merc....
    he is seen in his polo t-shirt and short making coffee all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by ivor
    You might be surprised that someone actually need approval from spouse when buying lenses... :P

hehehe..good thing your wife was there when you got your 10d

Heehee... that might be true...
    especially when it costs more than $3K...

Quote Originally Posted by ivor