9th July 2004, 10:13 AM
Anyone going for the All Stars Concert at Ngee Ann City Civic Plaza
10 July, 8 pm.
Features starts like Hsin Hsiao Chi, Phil CHang, Huang Ping Yuan.
9th July 2004, 11:35 AM
got 5566? if got then i go take pics go home let my mother see..keke =)
9th July 2004, 11:44 AM
don't think so.
btw, they expect 10,000 to turn up for the event!!!!
9th July 2004, 12:56 PM
9th July 2004, 08:44 PM
should be..if going, best is to bring digicam and gear up for some crowded sweat =)
10th July 2004, 01:24 AM
Oh not again! Always have to work at the wrong weekend. Have to give it a miss this time. Enjoy!...
10th July 2004, 10:18 AM
Any guide on how to shoot during a concert?
10th July 2004, 11:34 PM
11th July 2004, 02:19 AM
Some tips from me:
1. Shoot in RAW. If you shoot jpeg, the clipping off of the highlight colors would be significant. When you convert to jpeg, watch out the highlight colors, don't lose too much red/green/blue. Also need to fine turn the mid-tone. Increase saturation/contrast a bit, but don't overburn the highlights.
2. When lighting is good, use Av; otherwise M model f2.8~4, 1/125s, Flash +1/3~1.3 etc.
3. Use off-center point to get focus. One-shot mode. As these singers don't move radically (unlike RnR bands type), one-shot is practically enough. Recompose and shoot.
4. If you use IS lens (as I did), good for you. Otherwise 1/125s still can give u reasonable sharpness. Monopod is difficult to be deployed in the crowd.
5. If you can be close, that's the best condition. Otherwise crop your shots.
My series is at: http://forum.clubsnap.org/showthread...d=1#post731952
11th July 2004, 11:11 PM
Originally Posted by actionman