Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 84

Thread: 2011 JAN Thaipusam, Singapore

  1. #41

    Default Re: 2011 JAN Thaipusam, Singapore

    Quote Originally Posted by skeeg View Post
    If that's the case, I'm willing to start at 12am. But transpo is hard though.
    im taking the very last train down, and shooting all the way till first train.

    if shagged out, there's 24hour places to eat like murtabak or prata or whatever at little india. no worries there.

  2. #42
    Senior Member roDz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Rafa & Kuyt's neighbourhood
    Posts
    647

    Default Re: 2011 JAN Thaipusam, Singapore

    Enjoy your shoot everyone...please do not put on shoes as u have to be barefooted inside the temple...bring plastic bag to keep ur slippers/sandals so u can tie them onto your belt or bag...see some of you there...i'll be there from 4am onwards...if i can wake up that early...

  3. #43

    Default Re: 2011 JAN Thaipusam, Singapore

    This is the first time Thimithi Festival i documented late last year, also known as Fire Walking to most locals here.

    I will be heading down to do a documentation of the Thaipusam for the first time.

  4. #44

    Default

    I'll be wearing a grey cap with a caption "and your point is" just in case anyone wants to meet up

  5. #45

    Default

    Just reach little India...
    D300s l Nikon 50mm f1.8 l Sigma 24-70mm f2.8 l Nikon 18-135mm f3.5 l Sigma 70-300mm APO Macro f4

  6. #46
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Commonwealth
    Posts
    574

    Default Re: 2011 JAN Thaipusam, Singapore

    I will be wearing my digital camo hat with a black bag but I will only be visible after 7am.

  7. #47

    Default

    Wow this event is so overwhelming. I'm surprised I'm not tired yet at 3.30am.

  8. #48
    Senior Member digitalpimp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Shèng Gǎng
    Posts
    2,744

    Default

    On my way there now.

  9. #49

    Default

    I just got up and u guys seems to have a lot of fun shooting. Have to be there.

  10. #50

    Default Re: 2011 JAN Thaipusam, Singapore

    Is it too late to go there at around 10am today? Or is the happening bits over already? Can i alight at Farrer Park MRT? Is that the right one? Thanks!
    Last edited by oceantoofar; 20th January 2011 at 09:02 AM.

  11. #51
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Commonwealth
    Posts
    574

    Default Re: 2011 JAN Thaipusam, Singapore

    Quote Originally Posted by oceantoofar View Post
    Is it too late to go there at around 10am today? Or is the happening bits over already? Can i alight at Farrer Park MRT? Is that the right one? Thanks!
    Event is up till 8pm tonight. I'm going there soon.
    Farrer MRT is ok but you have got to find the temple location.
    I'm going there about that time too.

  12. #52

    Default Re: 2011 JAN Thaipusam, Singapore

    how are you going there?

    Quote Originally Posted by loneWolff View Post
    Event is up till 8pm tonight. I'm going there soon.
    Farrer MRT is ok but you have got to find the temple location.
    I'm going there about that time too.

  13. #53
    Senior Member digitalpimp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Shèng Gǎng
    Posts
    2,744

    Default

    Just got home from the parade. Nothing much going on in Little India, except if you really want to follow the whole procession then start from there. It will start to get interesting when you reach Dhoby Ghaut all the way to that temple near River Valley. Prepare to get your feet dirty when you reach the premises of the temple. Plastic bags are provided by the organizers. This is as of 6-9AM.

  14. #54
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Commonwealth
    Posts
    574

    Default Re: 2011 JAN Thaipusam, Singapore

    Quote Originally Posted by oceantoofar View Post
    how are you going there?
    Might be too late to respond to your question. Was having breakfast and doing some stuff.
    By mrt and if we do meet then it is fate. I will be in my digital camo hat and carrying a black Command & Conquer bag.

    Quote Originally Posted by digitalpimp View Post
    Just got home from the parade. Nothing much going on in Little India, except if you really want to follow the whole procession then start from there. It will start to get interesting when you reach Dhoby Ghaut all the way to that temple near River Valley. Prepare to get your feet dirty when you reach the premises of the temple. Plastic bags are provided by the organizers. This is as of 6-9AM.
    Thanks for the heads-up man, you have a good rest and let us follow-up on your good work.

  15. #55

    Default Re: 2011 JAN Thaipusam, Singapore

    Just got home this 6:30am... Took a nap and now prepping up for 2nd half of my shoot. The morning procession wasn't too crowded.

  16. #56
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Commonwealth
    Posts
    574

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skeeg
    Just got home this 6:30am... Took a nap and now prepping up for 2nd half of my shoot. The morning procession wasn't too crowded.
    Going down there now. Maybe you can give me a beep if you don't mind some company (not in the sexual way)
    I'm in red T-shirt, white pants with black bag.

  17. #57

    Default Re: 2011 JAN Thaipusam, Singapore

    Still got any event on going there? Think of going there at lunchtime 1pm since my office at bugis.

  18. #58

    Default

    I guess it's weekday, so not as crowded.. The event seems to be more tone down this year..

  19. #59

    Default Re: 2011 JAN Thaipusam, Singapore

    I just got back from the temple at Farrer MRT .... pretty interesting to shoot inside the temple and those pple were in the process of getting pierced ....

    so where exactly is the place where the action is? I hope I didnt missed it ... I only went to the temple at Farrer MRT, and not too sure where the real action is ....

    Quote Originally Posted by loneWolff View Post
    Might be too late to respond to your question. Was having breakfast and doing some stuff.
    By mrt and if we do meet then it is fate. I will be in my digital camo hat and carrying a black Command & Conquer bag.



    Thanks for the heads-up man, you have a good rest and let us follow-up on your good work.

  20. #60
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Kiasu Nation
    Posts
    532

    Default Re: 2011 JAN Thaipusam, Singapore

    Anyone knows if it is too late if i can only reach after office hours today, can only reach by 7pm.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •