Thread: Digi-cab 10L dry box with hygrometer

Default Digi-cab 10L dry box with hygrometer

I just bought a digi-cab 10L dry box with built in analog hygrometer (it has a special silica gel receptacle on the bottom of the lid)... only $24.90 at Challenger (Member price). So far it fits my Panny G2 with my 3 lenses (14-140 / 45-200 / 14-42) wtih lots more room to spare. I can comfortably fit another 20mm/f1.7 (next purchase) and probably the future bright zoom or another prime. However these are m4/3 and of course much smaller than a regular Canikon DSLR.. prob fit a normal DSLR with 2 lenses max.

So for $25 I think its a good deal. just need to see how good /accurate is the hygrometer.. bought a digital one from ebay to supplement the one on the dry box..

Here's the link to the product if you are interested..
    http://www.digihub.com.sg/SubCategor...nCategoryID=15

BTW, I'm not in anyway connected to Digi-cab.. Just wanted to share an alternative to dry cabinets.. which I dont have space for in my home... this can just be kept in a corner out of sight : )
    Panny G85+GH3|EPL5|14|20|45|14-42|12-35|14-140|35-100|Metz 50 AF-1

Default Re: Digi-cab 10L dry box with hygrometer

Quote Originally Posted by Agrivar View Post
    I just bought a digi-cab 10L dry box with built in analog hygrometer (it has a special silica gel receptacle on the bottom of the lid)... only $24.90 at Challenger (Member price). So far it fits my Panny G2 with my 3 lenses (14-140 / 45-200 / 14-42) wtih lots more room to spare. I can comfortably fit another 20mm/f1.7 (next purchase) and probably the future bright zoom or another prime. However these are m4/3 and of course much smaller than a regular Canikon DSLR.. prob fit a normal DSLR with 2 lenses max.

So for $25 I think its a good deal. just need to see how good /accurate is the hygrometer.. bought a digital one from ebay to supplement the one on the dry box..

Here's the link to the product if you are interested..
    http://www.digihub.com.sg/SubCategor...nCategoryID=15

BTW, I'm not in anyway connected to Digi-cab.. Just wanted to share an alternative to dry cabinets.. which I dont have space for in my home... this can just be kept in a corner out of sight : )
    This dry box is selling for $22 at TK Foto, a few dollars cheaper.

Hey there, I was at Challenger earlier and came across the dry-box. Was also thinking to get one to place in my car boot when im transporting my camera around. Usually I leave it the bag and place the bag in a cardboard box so it wont move around. Reason I leave it the boot coz sometimes i will not be carrying the cam around and its more safer than just leaving it open in the car. I think with the dry-box the cam should be in a better area than just in the bag and left in the boot. Thanks for sharing the info.

Cheers and all the best for the New Year!
    < < Photography-On-A-Budget > >

Quote Originally Posted by spree86 View Post
    This dry box is selling for $22 at TK Foto, a few dollars cheaper.
    Thanks for sharing !! I was with wifey and kids.. kind of hard to drag them all to funan... saw challenger.. didnt hesitate..
    Panny G85+GH3|EPL5|14|20|45|14-42|12-35|14-140|35-100|Metz 50 AF-1

Quote Originally Posted by Agrivar View Post
    Thanks for sharing !! I was with wifey and kids.. kind of hard to drag them all to funan... saw challenger.. didnt hesitate..
    Haha, the small difference wasn't worth dragging your whole family down there, more for people hunting for the best bargain