Thread: \\Rehneoe's Captures//

Default \\Rehneoe's Captures//

Am a total newbie at photography and in the process of learning.
    All CnC's are most welcome!

1. Wooden Tank

2. Piano & Bach
    Last edited by Rehneoe; 2nd January 2011 at 11:19 AM.

Default Re: \\Rehneoe's Captures//

Hi~ I am no expert here. Just to share some of my views.

#1 - Depth of field is too shallow. If you did not mention that it is a wooden tank, i am not able to make out what it is.

The focus point is very important as it represents what kind of story you want to tell and our eyes will be attracted to it.

Perhaps if you want to show us it's a wooden tank, you could focus on the tanker instead? I am not sure. Or another angle will be better.

In Pic 2, I saw a miniature piano and and statue of Bach as stated in your title. That's the message i got from the picture and that's it. Perhaps you would like to share with us what kind of feel or story are you trying to show from your pic.

Quote Originally Posted by OoStarDustoO View Post
    Hi~ I am no expert here. Just to share some of my views.

#1 - Depth of field is too shallow. If you did not mention that it is a wooden tank, i am not able to make out what it is.

The focus point is very important as it represents what kind of story you want to tell and our eyes will be attracted to it.

Perhaps if you want to show us it's a wooden tank, you could focus on the tanker instead? I am not sure. Or another angle will be better.

In Pic 2, I saw a miniature piano and and statue of Bach as stated in your title. That's the message i got from the picture and that's it. Perhaps you would like to share with us what kind of feel or story are you trying to show from your pic.
    Oo.. I see I see. I wanted to focus more on the tip of the tank, didn't occur to me that others would not be able to tell exactly what it was. :/
    As for the picture of the mini piano, I didn't think so much when I took it.

Really appreciate the comments and advice. Shall take note of these the next time I take pictures. Thanks!

3. Happy Birthday

Took this picture of a birthday party hat with balloons in the background that friends gave me for my birthday Sadly, the helium balloons can't fly up anymore