Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 27 of 27

Thread: Marina Bay

  1. #21

    Default Re: Marina Bay

    Quote Originally Posted by klim66 View Post
    Hi Kit, thank you for your comments.



    => I read from books and magazine regarding the 3 factors, Apecture, ISO and Shutter Speed, but honestly I am still lost. If there were only an Angel that would guide me, that would make things perfect Actually, i found the 2 secs timer is of no use, it is not as if I release the button, it will shoot after 2 secs. So actually I think without timer, it is still okay, correct me if my understanding is wrong on this.
    As I was told to use BULB mode, ISO 100 and F10 to take fireworks, I was trying to use the same method but increase the ISO to 1000 due to 100 is too dark on the LCD Panel.
    I am going for Canon Course this coming Friday, with all this error, at least I know what to ask during the course, rather than sitting down there and listen to the instructer without any knowledge. I will be able to ask those question from all this experiment.

    Thanks again for your time, do advice me more and I really appreciate

    hi, a 2 or 10sec timer simply means that your camera will start capturing images after a 2 or 10sec delay. The length of time that is taken to capture the image is called shutter speed and is interchangably linked to ISO and aperture values to create a properly exposed image. Therefore, the reason why ISO 100 is too dark with aperture value being constant is that your shutter speed is too fast.
    In this kind of situation where tripod is used, keep your ISO to the lowest so that there would not be too much noise.
    Also try using aperture mode, bulb mode is not best suited.
    Try to read more on the above and keep shooting.
    cuiusvis hominis est errare, nullius nisi insipientis in errore perseverare

  2. #22

    Default Re: Marina Bay

    Quote Originally Posted by Alpina View Post
    hi, a 2 or 10sec timer simply means that your camera will start capturing images after a 2 or 10sec delay. The length of time that is taken to capture the image is called shutter speed and is interchangably linked to ISO and aperture values to create a properly exposed image. Therefore, the reason why ISO 100 is too dark with aperture value being constant is that your shutter speed is too fast.
    In this kind of situation where tripod is used, keep your ISO to the lowest so that there would not be too much noise.
    Also try using aperture mode, bulb mode is not best suited.
    Try to read more on the above and keep shooting.
    Thank you Noted and will try it out. hehehe, luckily this is not a flim based, else to learn this hobby will be very expen$ive.

    So what you mean that i use the self timer in BULB mode is useless

  3. #23
    Senior Member sinned79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,864

    Default Re: Marina Bay

    Quote Originally Posted by klim66 View Post
    So what you mean that i use the self timer in BULB mode is useless
    already told u. that is not the timer for bulb mode. please read your instruction manual carefully.

    its a 2 seconds and also there is a 10 seconds delay for the shutter to fire.

    just like self portrait. set 2 seconds, run to spot, fire. 10 seconds run further to spot , fire.

    it had nothing to do with bulb mode.

    u need to press and hold the shutter the shutter button as long as u want (depending on the secs of exposure u wanted) then release the hold to finish the shoot. if u dun want to do it this way, u need to buy a cable release shutter with timer.

    keep your ISO to 100 since u are on tripod. ISO 1000 makes ur photo grainy and affects the color/saturation as well for a night shoot.

  4. #24

    Default Re: Marina Bay

    Quote Originally Posted by klim66 View Post
    Thank you Noted and will try it out. hehehe, luckily this is not a flim based, else to learn this hobby will be very expen$ive.

    So what you mean that i use the self timer in BULB mode is useless
    in bulb mode, once you depress the shutter button, the camera will start to record the image and it will do so until the button is released.
    in your scenerio, there is no reason to use the self timer and like what i have mentioned, try using aperture mode.
    you would mostly use the self timer like what bro sinned79 mentioned, for self protraits.
    read up on the technical aspect and do go on outings or have a shooting buddy, it's more of a productive and faster way to learn photography.
    cuiusvis hominis est errare, nullius nisi insipientis in errore perseverare

  5. #25
    Deregistered allenleonhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,656
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Marina Bay

    Quote Originally Posted by Alpina View Post
    in bulb mode, once you depress the shutter button, the camera will start to record the image and it will do so until the button is released.
    in your scenerio, there is no reason to use the self timer and like what i have mentioned, try using aperture mode.
    you would mostly use the self timer like what bro sinned79 mentioned, for self protraits.
    read up on the technical aspect and do go on outings or have a shooting buddy, it's more of a productive and faster way to learn photography.
    shoot more and play more. thats the only way

  6. #26

    Default Re: Marina Bay

    Quote Originally Posted by sinned79 View Post
    already told u. that is not the timer for bulb mode. please read your instruction manual carefully.

    its a 2 seconds and also there is a 10 seconds delay for the shutter to fire.

    just like self portrait. set 2 seconds, run to spot, fire. 10 seconds run further to spot , fire.

    it had nothing to do with bulb mode.

    u need to press and hold the shutter the shutter button as long as u want (depending on the secs of exposure u wanted) then release the hold to finish the shoot. if u dun want to do it this way, u need to buy a cable release shutter with timer.

    keep your ISO to 100 since u are on tripod. ISO 1000 makes ur photo grainy and affects the color/saturation as well for a night shoot.
    => Bro Sinned79, Thank you and noted.

    Quote Originally Posted by Alpina View Post
    in bulb mode, once you depress the shutter button, the camera will start to record the image and it will do so until the button is released.
    in your scenerio, there is no reason to use the self timer and like what i have mentioned, try using aperture mode.
    you would mostly use the self timer like what bro sinned79 mentioned, for self protraits.
    read up on the technical aspect and do go on outings or have a shooting buddy, it's more of a productive and faster way to learn photography.
    => Bro Alpina, understood now.

    Quote Originally Posted by allenleonhart View Post
    shoot more and play more. thats the only way
    => Bro Allen, tahnks and will do.

  7. #27

    Default Re: Marina Bay

    other than all the technicals in getting a good photo. Part of the process of getting a good landscape photo is finding a good location to capture the subject. This involves some planning and lots of walking round, exploring and taking test shots. This place where you have taken the photo isn't the place for capturing the MBS. Too many things inbetween that isn't helping and making it worse.
    Coolthought - 冷静思考 - クールだ http://xaa.xanga.com/0aba0666d143253.../t35917343.gif

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •