Page 46 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2136414445464748 ... LastLast

Thread: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread XV

Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread XV

Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post

buy google stock! more gold mine for u..
    I think the evilbay price beats just about every price I've seen at SLS though. Online's the way to go. I hate parking around SLS anyway... always so crowded.
    Wah, I wonder what my colleagues will say if I plug a 7-port USB hub to my desktop.... hehehe
    hhaha.. e most is say r u out of ur mind.. ^^
    y wld u need so many USB ports...
    siao ar.. =X
    Nikkon D90 | AF-S NIKKOR 18-105mm 1:35-5.6G | DI866 External Flashlight | AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4G

Quote Originally Posted by skylover
    buy google stock! more gold mine for u...
    http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=goog

WAH!!!
    US$620+ per share...

Quote Originally Posted by skylover View Post
    hhaha.. e most is say r u out of ur mind.. ^^
    y wld u need so many USB ports...
    siao ar.. =X
    iPhone, iPod, iPad, iMat, iTable....
    you can never have enough usb ports!
    Exploring! :)

http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=goog

WAH!!!
    US$620+ per share...

iPhone, iPod, iPad, iMat, iTable....
    you can never have enough usb ports!
    u will be freaking rich if you could get ur hands on google shares..

lolx.. wah.. u can super multi-task bro.. congra
    Nikkon D90 | AF-S NIKKOR 18-105mm 1:35-5.6G | DI866 External Flashlight | AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4G

Been out whole day..

Quote Originally Posted by kriegsketten View Post
    @ClemC Just saw your prime catch on Thaipusam, really nice one!
    Thanks Bro.. as mentioned earlier 10hrs shoot.. 1-2 nice little rewards

Wahahah ClemC, did you see what I saw?? A 200-400! Not my cup of tea but remembered you mentioning it...
    Well... he's a "poisoner". Haven't you noticed him trying to get me to jump on the 200-400 bandwagon as well?? I assume he must have inflicted some damage on ClemC's mind... I recalled him talking about it during the last makan session... lolz
    always very, very far back of my mind.. ... it is good to keep a lookout.. just dont bring out wallet.. hehhee

Quote Originally Posted by ClemC View Post

always very, very far back of my mind.. ... it is good to keep a lookout.. just dont bring out wallet.. hehhee
    then how about a 600mm f4? kriegs? perfect for birding... anybody's poison?
    a Nikon body, some lenses, a flash, and a whole lot of dusty photos

Quote Originally Posted by pasay View Post
    then how about a 600mm f4? kriegs? perfect for birding... anybody's poison?
    Sorry, not interested... First priority - a good and fast FX body.... everything else comes later (or not...kekekeke)...
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

Guys...I was at SLS today... shopping for a PCI card for USB ports.... got it - will install it tomorrow... hopefully works...

On the subject of computers.... wow... DDR3s really cheap! Compared to the RAM prices of old days... Damn... feel like upping my new PC to maximise the Win 7 potential...

Btw... what's the difference between K and non-K DDR3s har? Noticed that there are 4GB and 4GK... what's the K for? error checking isit?? Look at the price list of PC components...damn blurr man....

Btw... that 600mm price... too good to be true... You know how much the new one costs? even at 9/10... I'd think the price falls to at most 1/4 lesser...but this price... fishy fishy...

Quote Originally Posted by kriegsketten
    Guys...I was at SLS today... shopping for a PCI card for USB ports.... got it - will install it tomorrow... hopefully works...

On the subject of computers.... wow... DDR3s really cheap! Compared to the RAM prices of old days... Damn... feel like upping my new PC to maximise the Win 7 potential...

Btw... what's the difference between K and non-K DDR3s har? Noticed that there are 4GB and 4GK... what's the K for? error checking isit?? Look at the price list of PC components...damn blurr man....
    Didn't know there was such a thing as "K" type DDRs. Must refer to the more in-the-know people

I also didn't know there's 4GK.
    Nikon D90 | AF-S 18-105mm | AF 50mm f/1.8D | Tokina 12-24mm f4 | Sigma 30mm f1.4

Quote Originally Posted by Smiles88 View Post
    I also didn't know there's 4GK.
    hmm.. interesting..

most likely I assume it would be the ability to overclock its speed to some extend.
    Performance issue marking.

Quote Originally Posted by skylover

hmm.. interesting..

most likely I assume it would be the ability to overclock its speed to some extend.
    Dunno leh. In my 3 weeks of work so far never encounter any 4GK RAM or any RAM with a K. Other than 512K and 256K.
    Nikon D90 | AF-S 18-105mm | AF 50mm f/1.8D | Tokina 12-24mm f4 | Sigma 30mm f1.4

Dunno leh. In my 3 weeks of work so far never encounter any 4GK RAM or any RAM with a K. Other than 512K and 256K.
    lolx.. i also duno.. i only know CL3, CL5, CL9 for Ram denote for the speed..

Quote Originally Posted by skylover View Post
    hmm.. interesting..

Nope... I think I know what the K means now... probably "kit".... you know... some DDR packages come with 2 or 3 or 4 pieces.... Stupid I know...

Biggest DDR3 memory should be a single 4GB piece... 4GK means 2 x 2GB pieces.. .6GK = 3 x 2GB pieces...

just figured this one out... DUH...

Btw, this annotation is only offered by one of the shops... their way of listing DDR kit prices...
    Last edited by kriegsketten; 23rd January 2011 at 04:12 PM.

I think I need to change my PSU.... keeps shutting down intermittently... probably due to old age... HP uses HiPRO 300W unit... I think I need to get at 400 to 500w.. dun want to overpower...

What do you guys recommend? Thinking of Acbel 470 or 510Ws... both can be gotten below a 100 bucks... Searched online already... one of the more high-end dependable brands...
    Last edited by kriegsketten; 23rd January 2011 at 04:17 PM.

I think I need to change my PSU.... keeps shutting down intermittently... probably due to old age... HP uses HiPRO 300W unit... I think I need to get at 400 to 500w.. dun want to overpower...

What do you guys recommend? Thinking of Acbel 470 or 510Ws... both can be gotten below a 100 bucks... Searched online already... one of the more high-end dependable brands...
    PSU dun have to get high end one. They also have life span one.

PSU dun have to get high end one. They also have life span one.
    Cooler-Master?

If you add all the power consumption of the components (HDD, optical drive(s), motherboard and all the other PCBs, fans, etc... I doubt you'll exceed 300W.
    It's more kiasu-ism at work with the 400, 500, 600W PSUs...
    But since the cost difference is usually not too terrible, no harm being a bit kiasu.
    The important thing is that when power consumption is high, the voltage must still remain stable. I'm sure there are professional reviewers that test these sorts of things.

If you add all the power consumption of the components (HDD, optical drive(s), motherboard and all the other PCBs, fans, etc... I doubt you'll exceed 300W.
    It's more kiasu-ism at work with the 400, 500, 600W PSUs...
    But since the cost difference is usually not too terrible, no harm being a bit kiasu.
    The important thing is that when power consumption is high, the voltage must still remain stable. I'm sure there are professional reviewers that test these sorts of things.
    Thanks! I'm not chasing after all the bells and whistles kind of PSUs... just enough and a bit more (I've added ram, etc)...

Also, i've read that for most PSUs you need to read past the stated watts... Eg... 470W may actually delivery true 420W instead... 510 delivers 450 instead...

Acbel is one of the true OEM manufacturers... Seasonic and Enermax... but the latter are more ex!

Cooler Master takes from OEM manufacturers i think.... and costs more also...

All in a day's worth of reading...

Thanks! I'm not chasing after all the bells and whistles kind of PSUs... just enough and a bit more (I've added ram, etc)...

Also, i've read that for most PSUs you need to read past the stated watts... Eg... 470W may actually delivery true 420W instead... 510 delivers 450 instead...

Acbel is one of the true OEM manufacturers... Seasonic and Enermax... but the latter are more ex!

Cooler Master takes from OEM manufacturers i think.... and costs more also...

All in a day's worth of reading...
    haha.. if u juz need wan to replace just the power box then get a cheap one will do. cause your CPU i believe is super old thus it wun really need a huge consumption. Unless you are thinking of building a new rig then it all depends on what you planning to build liao..

Page 46 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2136414445464748 ... LastLast