Page 44 of 51 FirstFirst ... 193439424344454649 ... LastLast

Thread: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread XV

Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread XV

Quote Originally Posted by skylover View Post
    lolx.. u plug in 2 USB port means 1 for data transfer.. another for power plug.. tt's e old USB wire for external HDD.
    previously I only plugged in one leh... not necessary must plug in two... now it seems I need to...
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

Quote Originally Posted by kriegsketten View Post
    Alternatively... make your own bracket loh.... it isn't rocket science actually... if some peeps on the internet can do it... I don't see why not anyone of us... just need to spend the time and patience to make one...

Just get some plastic materials, cut holes, etc etc...source foam material to retain the holder onto lens hood... walah... paint it black to avoid attention... Or can spray some terracota texture underneathe first before the black to give it that extra feel...
    you're right... to DIY the holder is certainly do-able. I have all the resources handy...

I think the biggest obstacle now is actually GETTING the FX + UWA... hehehehe
    Methinks I'll stick to DX + 11-16 at the most
    Exploring! :)

previously I only plugged in one leh... not necessary must plug in two... now it seems I need to...
    sounds like your power supply cannot sustain the 5V necessary, or your USB cable/port got problem.

Quote Originally Posted by bitez View Post
    Haha not me leh.. *points to Zca*
    har? Not me!

~points to kriegs~

Wah!!! Cold sweat this morning... My 3-4 yr old HP PC decided to give me a "jolt" - shut down right in the middle of something... panicked when my external hard drive decided not to work either (where all my important work files are stored)... Plugged it into my newer HP PC, didn't work either... then I plugged BOTH the USB sockets into two USB slots...then I saw the power light on... *PHEW!!!* Decided to quickly dump all the files on the ext drive onto the PC's drive before anything else weird happens...

As for my old PC... old trick once again... take out bat, take out mem (clean and put back)...take out all the cards clean and put back... Now I'm on the same old PC....

What a freaky morning!!

Oh yeah, morning peeps!
    for a piece of mind
    time for you to get something like this.
    4TB which is 2 x 2TB harddisk
    I think should be able to set the 2nd harddisk as a "ghost" or something like that from the first harddisk.
    Last edited by coolthought; 20th January 2011 at 02:58 PM.
    Coolthought - 冷静思考 - クールだ http://xaa.xanga.com/0aba0666d143253.../t35917343.gif

Quote Originally Posted by ClemC View Post
    I think I can sell at 1/2 asking price if there is enough quantity.. LOL
    most importantly buddy, get your iphone 4.
    downloaded an apps for calculating the exposure time for ND filters. no more counting exposure time with fingers.
    Coolthought - 冷静思考 - クールだ http://xaa.xanga.com/0aba0666d143253.../t35917343.gif

Quote Originally Posted by coolthought View Post
    most importantly buddy, get your iphone 4.
    downloaded an apps for calculating the exposure time for ND filters. no more counting exposure time with fingers.
    Yup, got the f-stop App on mine... no more fiddling with calculators from now...

Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    sounds like your power supply cannot sustain the 5V necessary, or your USB cable/port got problem.
    I'm slowly running out of USB ports.... need to get a USB hub later... Unless of course I change it internally... Or maybe just change the power supply also...

har? Not me!

~points to kriegs~
    Me? Wait long long... Dreaming of it...but whether I've got the guts to do it is another thing... will see how later this year...

Me? Wait long long... Dreaming of it...but whether I've got the guts to do it is another thing... will see how later this year...
    remember.... TOTO changes everything

I'm slowly running out of USB ports.... need to get a USB hub later... Unless of course I change it internally... Or maybe just change the power supply also...
    try not to plug in ur HDD through a USB HUB. it may not be able to draw enough power for ur HDD.

looks like you need to get another USB cable.. 2 in 1 de.. like tt u dun haf to plug in 2 heads into the port.. save the other port for sth else..
    Nikkon D90 | AF-S NIKKOR 18-105mm 1:35-5.6G | DI866 External Flashlight | AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4G

remember.... TOTO changes everything
    Yeah, (depending on luck) it is a life changing experience... like helping others become millionaires...

try not to plug in ur HDD through a USB HUB. it may not be able to draw enough power for ur HDD.

looks like you need to get another USB cable.. 2 in 1 de.. like tt u dun haf to plug in 2 heads into the port.. save the other port for sth else..
    Thanks, I'll try SLS for this... dunno if it's worth changing the USB ports as well... it's been a while since I've done this kind of DIY thing...

If it's a powered USB hub, should be all right. But seems like powered USB hubs not too common.

If it's a powered USB hub, should be all right. But seems like powered USB hubs not too common.
    I've got one for my laptop... not too bad. but then...wires all over...

Thanks, I'll try SLS for this... dunno if it's worth changing the USB ports as well... it's been a while since I've done this kind of DIY thing...
    actually its nt advisable to use even USB HUB. by right, USB HUB is meant for low voltage devices as the overall load will be shared by maybe 4 ports or 6 depending on the build. If i'm nt wrong, it nt build in such a way that it will divert all the power over to just one port.

Bro.. not DIY.. just need to get the cable will do. as long as the cable can also transfer data plus supply power its gd enough.
    Nikkon D90 | AF-S NIKKOR 18-105mm 1:35-5.6G | DI866 External Flashlight | AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4G

actually its nt advisable to use even USB HUB. by right, USB HUB is meant for low voltage devices as the overall load will be shared by maybe 4 ports or 6 depending on the build. If i'm nt wrong, it nt build in such a way that it will divert all the power over to just one port.

Bro.. not DIY.. just need to get the cable will do. as long as the cable can also transfer data plus supply power its gd enough.
    What are the kinds of low powered devices? Keyboard? Mouse? etc? I can always transfer those to the hub... and use the high powered ones directly to the PC...

How come USB ports will die off one har? Motherboard problem or what?

What are the kinds of low powered devices? Keyboard? Mouse? etc? I can always transfer those to the hub... and use the high powered ones directly to the PC...

ya.. low powered devices like card reader, mouse, keyboard all these..

nt sure.. i encounter before due to wear and tear, the resistor dies, the cable got problem n nt because the port got problem, device USB spoiling soon etc.. very hard to tell..

because of the low voltage of USB devices, any minimal increase in the resistance of the cables (eg corrosion due to weather, etc) effectively reduces their current-carrying capability.

I suspect this is the main reason.
    If USB power was 12 or 24V (still way within safe limits), it would be much better

reducing losses due to resistance is the main reason why power transmission voltages keep going up. I think in Singapore it's 330,000V at the moment.
    Last edited by ZerocoolAstra; 20th January 2011 at 05:47 PM.

because of the low voltage of USB devices, any minimal increase in the resistance of the cables (eg corrosion due to weather, etc) effectively reduces their current-carrying capability.

I suspect this is the main reason.
    If USB power was 12 or 24V (still way within safe limits), it would be much better

reducing losses due to resistance is the main reason why power transmission voltages keep going up. I think in Singapore it's 330,000V at the moment.
    Wah... cheem man... Anyway I hear you about corrosion and stuff... it happens to a number of electronics... Including cams and lenses... so guys... USE USE and USE!

Page 44 of 51 FirstFirst ... 193439424344454649 ... LastLast