Page 22 of 51 FirstFirst ... 12172021222324273247 ... LastLast

Thread: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread XV

Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread XV

Quote Originally Posted by skylover View Post
    lolx.. no charges. its as good as u use ur laptop to connect to ur home wireless network. No Extra charge at all. Answer of ur phone is also not going to occur extra charge. ^^
    thanks for the info lad... So if you're out there and there's no wifi, that's where the 12 GB free comes in handy??
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

Quote Originally Posted by kriegsketten View Post
    thanks for the info lad... So if you're out there and there's no wifi, that's where the 12 GB free comes in handy??
    yap.. for your added info.. 12GB is over kill. You will find that you hardly get anywhere near 1GB. ^^
    Nikkon D90 | AF-S NIKKOR 18-105mm 1:35-5.6G | DI866 External Flashlight | AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4G

yap.. for your added info.. 12GB is over kill. You will find that you hardly get anywhere near 1GB. ^^
    what if you watch youtube movies? Or tune in to a video news channel?

YES... then you connect to internet using your phone ISP internet service.. and they charge based on your data download amount.. (not duration.. if I didn't remember wrongly).. enjoy your smartphone.. me only used wifi-enable (stupid)phone to surf the net.. not yet used a smartphone..

Quote Originally Posted by ClemC View Post
    YES... then you connect to internet using your phone ISP internet service.. and they charge based on your data download amount.. (not duration.. if I didn't remember wrongly).. enjoy your smartphone.. me only used wifi-enable (stupid)phone to surf the net.. not yet used a smartphone..
    when is your mobile contract due?... my wife's due mid this year... I think she can't wait to log on to FB whenever she's outside...

The Xperia X8 is nice.... except that still on android 2.1.... X10 even nicer with 4 inch screen... but need to top up which I can't be bothered... lolz... cheapskate me...
    Last edited by kriegsketten; 9th January 2011 at 08:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by skylover

My max record was about 6GB.

kriegs, RTFM!!!!!

Kidding... Congrats on your new toy! A lot of BBB recently eh?
    Nikon D90 | AF-S 18-105mm | AF 50mm f/1.8D | Tokina 12-24mm f4 | Sigma 30mm f1.4

what if you watch youtube movies? Or tune in to a video news channel?
    lolx.. also very hard. first thing many ppl duno is that.. ur hp screen resolution is so small thus loading of any page will need to be faster than on pc. thus the data been transferred is a lot smaller. its build is meant for mobile thus loading every page needs to be fast and so in order to load fast. all pic size, flash size, video are kept to the min. Instead of the usual loading of normal video at 4MB. it maybe juz less den 1MB to load a similar video on mobile HP.
    Nikkon D90 | AF-S NIKKOR 18-105mm 1:35-5.6G | DI866 External Flashlight | AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4G

Quote Originally Posted by Smiles88 View Post

kriegs, RTFM!!!!!

u got use it on laptop is it? or u keep sending pic to ur fb or friends?

Quote Originally Posted by Smiles88 View Post

kriegs, RTFM!!!!!

I did RTFM lah!... just that read until almost sleep... I dun think they explain anything clearly about the charges and all...

BBB??? no lah.. just renew contract only mah... did have to pay for the phone, but I upgraded to basic 12 GB plan...

Quote Originally Posted by kriegsketten

Which version of android are you on?

I'm reading notes on how peeps root their phones to upgrade the OS... cheem man...
    I rooted my fone. Now using 2.2.1
    Depend on ur fone some fone no user develop do anything. Try looking at xda forum for more info.

I'm still confused leh... so what's the 12 GB plan i've just signed on.... if wifi is free...where do the 12 GBs free apply?
    Nowadays a lot of plan come with the 12gb plan. It allow us to surf cs while outside n trust me. I dun use wifi when I am outside except home. It is juz nt secure n need to login to wireless@sg etc... I am lazy..

lolx.. also very hard. first thing many ppl duno is that.. ur hp screen resolution is so small thus loading of any page will need to be faster than on pc. thus the data been transferred is a lot smaller. its build is meant for mobile thus loading every page needs to be fast and so in order to load fast. all pic size, flash size, video are kept to the min. Instead of the usual loading of normal video at 4MB. it maybe juz less den 1MB to load a similar video on mobile HP.
    The thing is... if you don't buy a GB plan..then you won't get any free GBs right? Not even a single GB? So 12 GB means, I'll just simply use anyway I like lor... not worrying about overshooting the maximum free GB...

Bottomline you still need a basic plan or else you have to pay each data download right?

Quote Originally Posted by quizesilver View Post
    Depend on ur fone some fone no user develop do anything. Try looking at xda forum for more info.
    thanks for the tip... it's just doing 2.2.1 downloading on PC, compile the codes and the upload it to the phone isit?

Nowadays a lot of plan come with the 12gb plan. It allow us to surf cs while outside n trust me. I dun use wifi when I am outside except home. It is juz nt secure n need to login to wireless@sg etc... I am lazy..
    So.... basically just go up the internet as and when you want without bothering with the wifi connectivity in the vicinity lah?

The thing is... if you don't buy a GB plan..then you won't get any free GBs right? Not even a single GB? So 12 GB means, I'll just simply use anyway I like lor... not worrying about overshooting the maximum free GB...

Bottomline you still need a basic plan or else you have to pay each data download right?
    Yes.
    Juz fb. Cs. Some browsing I am only using 200mb from 1st jan until now.

lolx.. i dun recommend him to root his phone yet. later root until GG.. lolx..

best is he get use to it as it is first. after tt ones he is more familiar wif the basic function den rooting will be much easier..

thanks for the tip... it's just doing 2.2.1 downloading on PC, compile the codes and the upload it to the phone isit?
    Technically correct but I am newbie = user I wait for the expert = developer to complile a stable version n then use it. Search for cyanogen he is one of the better one. Nt sure if he develop any for ur fone.

So.... basically just go up the internet as and when you want without bothering with the wifi connectivity in the vicinity lah?
    Ya. Haha since already sign for data plan juz use lo.. hehe

Quote Originally Posted by skylover

lolx.. i dun recommend him to root his phone yet. later root until GG.. lolx..

best is he get use to it as it is first. after tt ones he is more familiar wif the basic function den rooting will be much easier..
    Haha ya. I only root it after 2 wk. Hehe

Yes.
    Juz fb. Cs. Some browsing I am only using 200mb from 1st jan until now.
    200mb?? multiply that by 4 only 800mb... not even 1GB... Skylover is so right!...