Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Camera Neck Strap

Default Re: Camera Neck Strap

for me it is ard the neck usually.

ryan

dual gunner, one on my neck(the lighter one) the other on my right shoulder(cos i use my left shoulder for my sling bag)
    i buy i sell i use, repeat, such are the vicious endless cycle of GAS

Previously, I did not feel comfortable with the weight on my neck after some time, so I tend to hold it with the sling around my wrist in case it slips from my grip.

Now, I use a blackrapid R4, to distribute the weight across. Very useful esp for long heavy lenses.

Around the neck, neck strap is a must for me to free my hands in different situations

Most of the times around my neck; helpful when I have to change lenses on the go.
    Canon EOS 6D | 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM | 24-70mm f/2.8L USM | 50mm f/1.4 HSM | 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM

on my right shoulder with the neck strap while walking, with my right hand holding on to protect it. if i'm shooting, i'll just wrap the strap a few time around my wrist.

for me, i find it uncomfortable to have the camera strap around my neck aha.

On your neck, on your wrist, on your waist, doesn't matter. Bottomline: feel comfy, feel safe.

I go commando. No strap needed, its good to have one, but it always gets in the way of shooting. Find your own style of shooting and go with that. Just remember, focus on shooting, not where your strap is.
    Good leaders don't just lead their men to victory, they lead them home.

Quote Originally Posted by iron symphony View Post
    I go commando. No strap needed, its good to have one, but it always gets in the way of shooting. Find your own style of shooting and go with that. Just remember, focus on shooting, not where your strap is.
    sorry couldn't help it. you go strapless? kekeke bad joke

My old neck strap becomes my tripod strap. Newer neck strap converted to handstrap. Never like things around my neck especially when on a hot day.

For me its slightly different. There are people who use the neck strap as a hand strap by winding around the hand, and there are those who use both a neckstrap and a handstrap mounted at the same time. However i use my neck strap as a hand strap by putting my fingers through the right loop on the handstrap by intentionally widening the loop to accomodate my hand. Btw the loop is the area where you usually place your eyelet for less slack, but i lost mine so ya

Very effective and i alternate being a hand strap and a neck strap while giving good grip. Personally i feel using a neck strap wound around the hand tedious to put on and the grip ain't all that secure

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12