Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 10151819202122 LastLast

Thread: An Evening with Joe McNally - My Journey, 30 years on by Joe McNally

Big big thank you to all organizers, sponsors and supporters of this event.
    a Nikon body, some lenses, a flash, and a whole lot of dusty photos

Blog Entries

Default Re: An Evening with Joe McNally - My Journey, 30 years on by Joe McNally

thanks Nikon..... the GV location was GREAT !!!

Hey guys, (Lonewolf, Lunas, Noob77, Spectrum and jkaiser ) totally appreciate your help
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

Default Re: An Evening with Joe McNally - My Journey, 30 years on by Joe McNally

Hi mod,

Apologies for totally missing out on this event.

Was so occupied with my son's o level result and some family matters and slip my mind on the talk.

Not intentional. Hope your understanding.

Great to be able to catch it in you tube.

Victor

Smile Re: An Evening with Joe McNally - My Journey, 30 years on by Joe McNally

could anybody be able to confirm this talk at NG store today(tuesday) at 8pm? at Vivo city? tks.

Quote Originally Posted by ckiang View Post
    For those who are unable to make it today or missed it or don't have seats, Joe McNally is also giving the same talk (I think it's the same) at the National Geographic Store tomorrow at 8pm. Saw this on one of his brochures at the store and outside the hall where the talk was held earlier.

Anyway, thanks to Nikon and ClubSNAP for making this happen!

Regards
    CK

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by reachme2003 View Post
    could anybody be able to confirm this talk at NG store today(tuesday) at 8pm? at Vivo city? tks.
    Dear reachme2003

you should check with the Nat Geo Singapore Store for details

regards

Smile Re: An Evening with Joe McNally - My Journey, 30 years on by Joe McNally

many thanks, got it.

Thanks to Clubsnap for arranging & organising the lovely evening with Joe McNally. Thumbs up guys and gals.

Quote Originally Posted by chengpenguin View Post
    Glad that you started the balls rolling for the FAQ session.Good question that you asked
    Sure, and thanks (:
    Our pictures are our footprints. Its the best way to tell people we were here - JoeMcnally | Flickr

Was a really insightful talk by Joe. But I'm kind of bothered by all those camera beeps and focus assist lights shining on Joe during his speech, really feel sorry for him.
    Is it just me or it is not very polite to do that?
    My **flickr Album

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jimbok View Post
    Was a really insightful talk by Joe. But I'm kind of bothered by all those camera beeps and focus assist lights shining on Joe during his speech, really feel sorry for him.
    me bad. i only reminded people in the registration instructions to switch off flash...
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed. ― Deeksha Mittal

Quote Originally Posted by nightwolf75 View Post
    me bad. i only reminded people in the registration instructions to switch off flash...
    Nevertheless I'm sure we all had a great time.
    My **flickr Album

couldn't hear the beeps from where i was seated, but the assist lights was rather distracting and not polite.

being the master of flash.. I think he doesn't mind it much..

I don't get why some people would want to take pictures if you want a picture of the guy wait for him outside im sure he will be more than accommodating or at least turn off the beep on your camera I was sitting next to a guy who kept taking pictures with his girlfriend....Some people just want to show off. " look at me.... i have a camera....."

btw i just realized something did everyone bring their cameras i saw a lot of people with camera bags i even saw one with a trolley bag was there a shoot? hehehe
    Last edited by wasak2000; 11th January 2011 at 03:08 PM.
    D3100

I enjoyed the talk. Was a bit caught off-guard by his comments on Ansel Adams but apparently its not the first time he did.

Quote Originally Posted by wasak2000 View Post
    btw i just realized something did everyone bring their cameras i saw a lot of people with camera bags i even saw one with a trolley bag was there a shoot? hehehe
    Not only cameras. I see lots of folks with tripods as well. At first i was like, hmm, did i miss out anything? Was there going to be a shootout or something? Why is everyone prepared like going for a photo session instead of attending a talk on photography? The only thing I prepared was a pen and some papers to take notes, just in case. Turns out that was quite unnecessary as well.

Quote Originally Posted by CamInit View Post
    I enjoyed the talk. Was a bit caught off-guard by his comments on Ansel Adams but apparently its not the first time he did.

Not only cameras. I see lots of folks with tripods as well. At first i was like, hmm, did i miss out anything? Was there going to be a shootout or something? Why is everyone prepared like going for a photo session instead of attending a talk on photography? The only thing I prepared was a pen and some papers to take notes, just in case. Turns out that was quite unnecessary as well.
    you know what would have been great... the part where he said he was going to give everyone flashes that could have been possible if only he asked the crowd to bring out their flash guns imagine having 100+ slave flashes going off at the same time... hehehe
    D3100

Quote Originally Posted by CamInit View Post
    Actually I was confused at that time. What's up with that actually, anyone kind to explain? (if private, can pm me? XD)
    また再建しましょう~ ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Draken413o View Post
    being the master of flash.. I think he doesn't mind it much..
    Whatever the case is, its still kinda rude to others as well as to Joe himself if you ask me, unless its like a big occasion say... some awards ceremony? Event photography but in this case, best not to do so

I don't get why some people would want to take pictures if you want a picture of the guy wait for him outside im sure he will be more than accommodating or at least turn off the beep on your camera I was sitting next to a guy who kept taking pictures with his girlfriend....Some people just want to show off. " look at me.... i have a camera....."

I brought a lowepro bag,camera bag right? All I had was my laptop and bottle and assorted cables inside

you know what would have been great... the part where he said he was going to give everyone flashes that could have been possible if only he asked the crowd to bring out their flash guns imagine having 100+ slave flashes going off at the same time... hehehe
    There was like over 400 people, why image 100+?
    A wise man said, "Any available light is good light"

Quote Originally Posted by spidey89 View Post
    Whatever the case is, its still kinda rude to others as well as to Joe himself if you ask me, unless its like a big occasion say... some awards ceremony? Event photography but in this case, best not to do so

I brought a lowepro bag,camera bag right? All I had was my laptop and bottle and assorted cables inside

There was like over 400 people, why image 100+?
    Thats just my conservative estimate.... but that would have been an awesome photo i was about to suggest it but was to shy to stand up hehehe
    D3100

Thats just my conservative estimate.... but that would have been an awesome photo i was about to suggest it but was to shy to stand up hehehe
    Before he said that, I actually had a guess that he would suggest that
    A wise man said, "Any available light is good light"