Thread: Colourful tunnel

Default Colourful tunnel

1. in what area is critique to be sought?
    Composition & post processing. Did i get the composition right?

2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
    To better understand composition and post processing. I was trying to create the lomo feel to the picture.

3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
    No heavy emotions. The lighting in the tunnel was quite colourful. Shot at 3s f8 using a typical 18-135mm kit lens. Shot on tripod

4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
    I think its nice?

All other CnC also welcomed!

Default Re: Colourful tunnel

It reminds me of Fuji Compact Film , awesome colors .

2 stops overexposed.. Colors would be much more brilliant then...

Otherwise, the shot is alrite
    Sharpen You Skill, and NOT your Lens....

Quote Originally Posted by michael chick View Post
    2 stops overexposed.. Colors would be much more brilliant then...

Otherwise, the shot is alrite
    Noted thx! Will try and improve somemore!

A bit tilted to the right, and balance of elements also right-heavy. Would have prefered the couple (?) on the left third to balance the dark tunnel entrance and converging lines on the right. The lines from the tunnel entrance could then be used to lead the eyes to the couple. Also, as some already mentioned, its a tad over-exposed. Overall, though, i like what you were trying to capture.
    a Nikon body, some lenses, a flash, and a whole lot of dusty photos

Quote Originally Posted by pasay View Post
    A bit tilted to the right, and balance of elements also right-heavy. Would have prefered the couple (?) on the left third to balance the dark tunnel entrance and converging lines on the right. The lines from the tunnel entrance could then be used to lead the eyes to the couple. Also, as some already mentioned, its a tad over-exposed. Overall, though, i like what you were trying to capture.
    Thanks for the CnC. By couple being on the left third do you mean like near the foreground where there are like translucent legs(was supposed to be another pedestrian but he was too fast to capture)?

Quote Originally Posted by soyabeanmilks View Post
    Thanks for the CnC. By couple being on the left third do you mean like near the foreground where there are like translucent legs(was supposed to be another pedestrian but he was too fast to capture)?
    Couldnt see the transluscent legs you mentioned, but i would have preferedr the couple as the subject to be nearer and positioned somewhere between the 1st and 2nd column on the left. But thats just me, personal preference. If there's a human element to a picture, i tend to make them as the focus point.
    a Nikon body, some lenses, a flash, and a whole lot of dusty photos

Quote Originally Posted by pasay View Post
    Couldnt see the transluscent legs you mentioned, but i would have preferedr the couple as the subject to be nearer and positioned somewhere between the 1st and 2nd column on the left. But thats just me, personal preference. If there's a human element to a picture, i tend to make them as the focus point.
    Ok thanks! noted i'll try it the next time!